↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Rear Panel Access!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Joking aside mine has been used daily for the last 2 months as the Series is still not MoT'd (need a windscreen motor now Rolling Eyes , the individual type if anyone has one?) Only doing 15-20 miles a day but in the rain/salt/mud on two farms etc etc Rolling Eyes No matter she is well protected with all the treatments and washed down regularly Thumbs Up Nice to be in a heated motor for a change, the Series is literally freezing inside, no heater or door seals Shocked
Post #116584 18th Jan 2012 8:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Zagato wrote:
Joking aside mine has been used daily for the last 2 months as the Series is still not MoT'd (need a windscreen motor now Rolling Eyes , the individual type if anyone has one?) Only doing 15-20 miles a day but in the rain/salt/mud on two farms etc etc Rolling Eyes No matter she is well protected with all the treatments and washed down regularly Thumbs Up Nice to be in a heated motor for a change, the Series is literally freezing inside, no heater or door seals Shocked

bet those heated seats are nice on the bad back aswell.
Post #116587 18th Jan 2012 9:02pm
walfy

WHy not move the passenger wiper motor over to driver side for MOT. IIRC you only need the drivers side to be wiped to pass the MOT. Until you can sort out another motor 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #116590 18th Jan 2012 9:07pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
If it's fitted with two originally, they both have to work. Taking it off wouldn't work as originally it had 2 Sad I never use the passenger side one so just need to borrow one! The exhaust is going on next week (£34 for a whole new exhaust, mate owed me a favour Wink) then it's just the brakes to be done Rolling Eyes

Anyway it's nice to have a bit of luxury for a change after 3 winters in this...

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #116594 18th Jan 2012 9:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
There's a removable rubber sealing grommet at the bottom of the C pillar which gives good access to its interior. Access to the rear of one or two of the rivets can be acheived in the area of the rear seat base. You can also get a fine lance into the cavity via the door catch [mark the catch position with a soft pencil prior to removal] and if you really want to go to town you drill a couple of access holes into the interior pillar closures so you can get the lance in and then plug the holes with grommets. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #116922 19th Jan 2012 11:00pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Thumbs Up
Post #116949 20th Jan 2012 8:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12