↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Bloody J**p...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Bloody J**p...
Due to not feeling too well my New Year festivities this year consist of a few DVDs, a pipe of Pringles and the dog.

As my mum and dad were going out with some friends I offered to drop them off and pick them up. As there's four of them I couldn't use the 90, so ended up using my dads Grand Cherokee.

Got in, started it up, seat automatically adjusts, lights turn on automatically... Ahh luxury I'm not used to!

As soon as my mum opened the back door to get in, heater stops working and the airbag light comes on. Manage to drop them off at the pub about 5 miles away, just as I pull into the car park everything starts working again. Wayhey!

As soon as the back doors open, airbag light comes on and the heater stops working. The front electric windows stop working this time too, but the back ones work fine. So open them slightly to get some fresh air in and keep the windows clear.

Pulling out of the car park, engine management light comes on, as does the traction control light and the ABS light, then various messages telling me the 'TIRES' are all flat!

Manage to get it home anyway, turns out that the traction control and ABS work fine, despite warning lights telling me otherwise Whistle , park it up, take the key out of the ignition and open the door, the radio refuses to turn off.

It's an 09 model, and I think it's just out of warranty too... Rather him than me Laughing

Having said that I'll need to go out in it later to pick them up. I can play warning light bingo again!

Happy new year chaps! Thumbs Up
Post #111181 1st Jan 2012 12:55am
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Yeah, because landrovers are SO reliable Laughing
Post #111185 1st Jan 2012 2:48am
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Haha that's exactly what my dad said when I went to pick him up.

As well as the previous issues when dropping them off, when picking them up I got lots of bongs telling me the drivers door was open.
Post #111186 1st Jan 2012 2:59am
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
this is why i bought a new 110. you can fix it or have it fiixed realtively cheaply compared to a D3 /4 RR etc etc etc

My mate runs a 10 plate cayenne diesel, what a motor Thumbs Up but the horn decided to stick on Rolling with laughter

i wouldn't want any new car without a warranty now
Post #111214 1st Jan 2012 12:52pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Re: Bloody J**p...
warren wrote:
As soon as my mum opened the back door to get in, heater stops working and the airbag light comes on. Manage to drop them off at the pub about 5 miles away, just as I pull into the car park everything starts working again. Wayhey!

As soon as the back doors open, airbag light comes on and the heater stops working. The front electric windows stop working this time too, but the back ones work fine. So open them slightly to get some fresh air in and keep the windows clear.

Pulling out of the car park, engine management light comes on, as does the traction control light and the ABS light, then various messages telling me the 'TIRES' are all flat!

Manage to get it home anyway, turns out that the traction control and ABS work fine, despite warning lights telling me otherwise Whistle , park it up, take the key out of the ignition and open the door, the radio refuses to turn off.

what "option pack" is that ? Rolling with laughter
Post #111243 1st Jan 2012 2:49pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
T1G UP wrote:
i wouldn't want any new car without a warranty now

Nor me Thumbs Up 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #111247 1st Jan 2012 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1