↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 26 <123 4 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Procta wrote:
well i have ordered off a puller for the steering wheel, no way and hell is that coming off! Plus we are worried that we may break something. I have also ordered off a few odds and sod, that needed to be fitted and changed. But those will be rolled out when they come. Going to try and roll out some upgrades as well as security at the same time.
At the moment i cannot drive her as i need to switch the insurance over, and then tax her. so i will push to get that sorted tomorrow after work.

Good luck with the puller Thumbs Up

I actually broke mine (the puller not the truck) and ended up making my own out of heavier gauge steel and threaded bar. Even then I had to soak the splines in penetrating fluid and use a soft faced mallet Confused

I didn't damage either the splines or the original steering wheel - and the latter is in the safe hands of Ray (Mk1 Collector)

I suspect that yours will be the original steering wheel so take care Thumbs Up
Post #768637 14th Apr 2019 11:39pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yostumpy wrote:
"Switch your insurance over "? You don't mean that you've just paid 12 grand for a truck, ( having just lost one) , and it's sat on your drive overnight NOT insured?

its insured on a temp, so that I could get her home, so its covered for the weekend. Today it expires, so I have to ring mine up. But then again what do you do if your insurance is closed of the weekend. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #768640 15th Apr 2019 4:56am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Screbble wrote:
Procta wrote:
well i have ordered off a puller for the steering wheel, no way and hell is that coming off! Plus we are worried that we may break something. I have also ordered off a few odds and sod, that needed to be fitted and changed. But those will be rolled out when they come. Going to try and roll out some upgrades as well as security at the same time.
At the moment i cannot drive her as i need to switch the insurance over, and then tax her. so i will push to get that sorted tomorrow after work.

Good luck with the puller Thumbs Up

I actually broke mine (the puller not the truck) and ended up making my own out of heavier gauge steel and threaded bar. Even then I had to soak the splines in penetrating fluid and use a soft faced mallet Confused

I didn't damage either the splines or the original steering wheel - and the latter is in the safe hands of Ray (Mk1 Collector)

I suspect that yours will be the original steering wheel so take care Thumbs Up

Its never been off at all this one. I have soaked the splines over night, I may have another go but I may have to wait for the puller. Got to empty the back anyway of the goodies, and have a look what I will keep or sell. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #768641 15th Apr 2019 4:58am
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Congrats procta.

How do you like td5 over tdi ? I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #768643 15th Apr 2019 5:28am
Procta

United Kingdom 
the drive is worlds a part like you said, And for some reason this one seems a lot more stable than my 300, even my dad noticed that, I have had a bit of a nosy around it a little bit more, and its got a K&N filter in it. Which I may switch that over to a ITG one, I may need to replace the black part of the dash, the previous owner screwed two self tapers in for a fire extinguisher bracket, I have a portable heater thing too which is about as powerful as a fart. So that's going to be binned off as soon as grafty sorts me out with some of his magic vents, and I will be fitting the top dash vents too, like I had in the old one, For the side windows.

I will be having a sort out of some of the bits and pieces that I got with it too, The grill maybe up for grabs depending if I can sort it out, the spots have pushed it in. ( those are going too) Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #768698 15th Apr 2019 4:32pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Just finished my 1st spending spree Shocked I wont total up on what I have spent Laughing But its worth it to start at least rolling out some upgrades and security, I have seen something nice, but I will have to hang fire for that.
I cannot drive this at the moment, thanks to DVLA, with it having a private plate on, and the tax been transferred on to the original plate, I cannot tax the car. Rolling Eyes its taxed on the data base, but that will change as soon as the docs come through. DVLA said that I cannot drive the car and must remain off the road, until paper work comes through. What a Censored on, why can they have just let the Censored tax go with the Censored motor? Not the Censored wonder people get busted unfairly at times.
Insurance did me a deal, with the policy coming to an end and with me been a customer of theirs since the metro vvc days.
They said we can Swop it over for 50quid and up the excess fee for you. which was nice of them. They are sorry that we couldn't do business again this year. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #768733 15th Apr 2019 7:43pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Be careful of oiled air filters and Td5’s. If they are over oiled they will kill you MAF sensor. Personally I run good quality paper ones and change them very regularly. Thumbs Up

Andy.
Post #768744 15th Apr 2019 8:18pm
grafty99

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
+1 for a genuine paper filter, mine ate MAF sensors at an alarming rate when I was running a Greencotton air filter. The only disadvantage (when running a modified intake system and big turbo) is less turbo noise Thumbs Up 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #768747 15th Apr 2019 8:24pm
L110CDL

England 
Great news Procta with the Td5 90, nice looking one, great to have you back in a defender again Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #768761 15th Apr 2019 9:06pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
landy andy wrote:
Be careful of oiled air filters and Td5’s. If they are over oiled they will kill you MAF sensor. Personally I run good quality paper ones and change them very regularly. Thumbs Up

Andy.

Ok I will revert it back to paper ones, the 306 is ok with the ITG one, but then again do you really benefit from these fancy filters? sometimes I really do wonder. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #768775 16th Apr 2019 4:56am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
On a Defender at least, no. Pete Bell did some comparative dyno tests a few years ago and was able to demonstrate that the paper filter outperformed the oiled ones by a decent margin. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #768787 16th Apr 2019 7:36am
MetalMatt

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Baltic Blue
Good to see you back in a 90 again. Nice looking TD5 as well Thumbs Up Thumbs Up ...... I do miss my TD5 albeit being in the shape of a discovery and the noise it made after a straight through exhaust and a tune up Very Happy 1995 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi - Sold
1989 Land Rover 90 - Rebuilding/built - its a project
2002 Land Rover Discovery TD5 - Sold
2017 Mini JCW F56 - Current Daily Driver
Post #768835 16th Apr 2019 3:56pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
1st security upgrade rolled out and installed Milestone

I had my eye on this steering wheel since the metro days, as I quite liked the Sort of OEM look it gave,
With the removable boss, been bought up I thought yep this will do, I am not spending nearly £200 quid on a steering wheel, when I can put that else where.
So here is the pre defender preb, ( i bought all the goods ready to plug in play when i bought a TD5)
The wheel has a centre horn, so the centre cover was removed, and the horn switch was removed. ( if anyone wants the switch, feel free to PM)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

the boss checked over and prepped ready to install,

Click image to enlarge

Then take one Black TD5
slacken off the nut and buy a neat little puller and off it goes!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

then slot on our boss, and we are a way

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So yeah this one isnt going anywhere Very Happy

Got more upgrades to come, and a good tidy up. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #768841 16th Apr 2019 4:39pm
Likeomg

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Procta wrote:
Likeomg wrote:
Look forward to seeing it around, maybe see if theres any spaces left at the Kielder 100 year ?

I would love to look into that! Where do you get the details for that?

Cheers lads for the comments!

Thread on here, think it's about the 12th of next month.
Post #768847 16th Apr 2019 5:18pm
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Procta wrote:
1st security upgrade rolled out and installed Milestone

I had my eye on this steering wheel since the metro days, as I quite liked the Sort of OEM look it gave,
With the removable boss, been bought up I thought yep this will do, I am not spending nearly £200 quid on a steering wheel, when I can put that else where.
So here is the pre defender preb, ( i bought all the goods ready to plug in play when i bought a TD5)
The wheel has a centre horn, so the centre cover was removed, and the horn switch was removed. ( if anyone wants the switch, feel free to PM)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

the boss checked over and prepped ready to install,

Click image to enlarge

Then take one Black TD5
slacken off the nut and buy a neat little puller and off it goes!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

then slot on our boss, and we are a way

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So yeah this one isnt going anywhere Very Happy

Got more upgrades to come, and a good tidy up.

Looking good Thumbs Up

Glad the steering wheel came off without issue.
Post #768959 17th Apr 2019 1:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 26 <123 4 ... 242526>