↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Dacia launches 7-year warranty - and it's available for used
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
spudfan

Ireland 
Dacia launches 7-year warranty - and it's available for used
When you read this you realise just how far JLR are behind considering they class them selves as a high end brand. I suppose it is hard enough getting them to attend to issues in the normal warranty period!
Fair enough there are milage restrictions but if you do not do a huge amount of miles annually they are good warranties. I have no idea of how well they live up to them though.
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/cars/news/dacia-...&ei=71 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #1031877 17th Apr 2024 3:25pm
Jabberwocky

Luxembourg 
Not really, low end cars always have to do something different to get people interested in buying them, one of those things is offering a ludicrously long Warranty.

High end manufacturers don’t, because they don’t need to, people already buy their cars.🤷‍♂️ also most people will have a high end car on the never ever so a 3 year Warranty covers that first rental/lease period and that’s all the likes of JLR care about.

JLR are not trying to sell cars to people who care about long warrantees.
Post #1031880 17th Apr 2024 4:02pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Remember the days when a Land Rover like a dog was for life! 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #1031881 17th Apr 2024 4:08pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Interesting about Dacia, as getting hold of spare parts for them can be an absolute nightmare, just like the new JLR vehicles.
However getting parts for our old land rovers / defenders does not seem hard at all.
Post #1031884 17th Apr 2024 4:17pm
LR Nuts

aren't Dacia made from the old 'parts bin' of Renault
Post #1031900 17th Apr 2024 6:19pm
L110CDL

England 
^^^

Yes they were, especially the Renault 12 Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1031926 17th Apr 2024 9:15pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
If you do a search you will find lots of irate Dacia owners , I know someone who after 4 months is still waiting for a hydraulic clutch pipe.
Post #1031940 18th Apr 2024 12:51am
douglasgdmw

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
I was given a nearly new Dacia Sandero as a courtesy car when I put my car in for a service.

Must admit I was mightly impressed with the handling of the Sandero especially given the price of the car. It also had a bit of early LR ethos in the car i.e. purely about function rather than bells/whistles.

With a 7yr warranty and the cheap electric Dacia coming for sale soon, reckon they will get a lot of people interested in purchasing them. - Land Rover S2a
- Defender 90 SW
Post #1031987 18th Apr 2024 10:33am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Dacia's are everywhere. Also MG's seem to be taking over the world as well - especially the EV's.

Never driven either, but as a daily run around to wreck for work, I can see the appeal. As for parts not being available, there have been so many posts on here about Defender parts, I am guessing it could be a problem what ever you buy?

My old Boss bought a Kia Sedona many years ago. He was going to have a Ford Galaxy, but the Kia was cheaper, had loads more accessories, and came with the 7 year warranty. Down side was a 5500mile service interval (let's face it, the seven year warranty has to paid for some how!!). The Main Dealer servicing was also very expensive so in the end he got an indy to do the servicing with the Kia serviceable parts. It was a cracking old bus and never let him down. I'm sure he took it past 250,000 miles without too many scary bills (after he had let the Main Dealer go for servicing). And we all thought he was mad buying it. I guess we had to agree he made good purchase.

He then got a Jaguar XK. A stunningly beautiful car, but broke down with regular monotony. He did love the car but the reliability was pants.
Post #1032060 18th Apr 2024 7:59pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I got a new Duster in 2022. A brand new medium size SUV for less than £13k. Its a perfectly functional car, I went out of my way to purchase the most basic version I could, for some reason it just seemed appeal to me in UN white with steel wheels and no frills. Really good ground clearance. I did option the bi-fuel LPG system as a no cost extra as there is a filling station near my house. Near 800 mile range between the 2 tanks, pointless but pleasing.

The car is entirely modernish Renault underneath. Built on the Clio platform I believe. Make what you will of that but it has been fairly reliable except for paint failing on the wheels and the blower fan resister packing up. Both very common issues and both fixed under warranty with no hassle.

The only expense has been to swap the useless Continental fuel economy tyres for some all-seasons. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #1032111 19th Apr 2024 9:06am
Moo

Ukraine 
I remember the Skoda, Kia and Hyundai jokes. Now look at them....... Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1032112 19th Apr 2024 9:24am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Skoda Octavia estate. I had two. Possibly the best cars I ever had. Pounded the miles on them both, well appointed and neither ever bothered the breakdown cover.

I think perhaps Skoda are now less good value than they used to be? More Volkswagen priced now. The Octavia was a lot of car for the money when I had mine 10-15 years ago and perhaps it was a good sign that the Taxi / Private Hire market were very smitten with them. Round our way, a lot of this market has been taken by the Toyota Corolla estate Hybrid.

A friend has a Hyundai Tucson. Again, a remarkably good drive and well appointed. I hired one a couple of years back and it changed my view. We used to hire a lot of cars and the one car which I thought I would love, and always wanted to drive, but left me deflated was a BMW 320. Possibly because the hire companies won’t pay to add the extras so it was extremely basic. I have always liked the look but the driving experience underwhelmed me. Sorry if you own one. It’s just my view.

As an observation, I have noticed driving around that BMW’s and Merc’s seem to worry the breakdown vehicles on main roads more than other makes. Maybe this is because they are a high proportion of fleet cars with drivers that have less ‘buy in’ to their car than the rest of us Laughing
Post #1032174 19th Apr 2024 7:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1