↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Hardshell Roof Top Tent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
8619simon

Wales 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
[For Sale] Hardshell Roof Top Tent
I'm changing the set up on my 110 so my TuffTrek MkII hard shell roof top tent is up for sale. I bought this new in 2021, it has had good use but not over use and is as good now as it was when I bought it.

The tent is bombproof and I have used it every kind of weather from blistering heat to a good old Hebridean storm and everything in between. Its never leaked and has always kept me warm and dry.

Being a hardshell tent it is very robust and goes up in less than a minute with a similar time to pack away. The shape allows for all the bedding to stay up there which makes setting up camp super easy. I would typically have a pillow, sleeping bag and blanket stored in the tent most of the time.

I find the mattress very comfortable at 75mm thick, it also has an insulation layer and condensation layer beneath it. Other features:

Built in light and 12v chargers with connection via an Anderson Plug at the front of the tent
    Organiser on the inside roof of the tent
    Fully carpet lined
    Bug screens and window covers
    Roof rails capable of tacking a load of up to 40Kg - I'll include the roof bars that go on the roof rails
    Telescopic ladder
    Large rain awning that covers back and side entrances - 4 poles make it very stable in the wind

The speed of put up and take down and its robustness do come at a cost so its no lightweight coming in at about 83Kg. I have had it on my 110 for 3 years supported by 3 roof bars and its been great.

Rrp from TuffTrek for this is now £3,500, its in excellent condition and comes with the roof bars for the roof rails and 6 bolts and brackets to fix to roof bars or roof rack so I am looking for £2,100 for the tent.

The roof bars I used to support the tent onto the 110 are Qualan roof bars, part of their M system for Defenders, they are are galvanised steel and have worked flawlessly. I have 3 of these with awning brackets and am looking for £200 for the 3 bars and awning brackets.

The tent is off the Landy now on trestles so collection only from near Bangor in North Wales.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1032867 25th Apr 2024 10:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1