↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > What’s your favorite aspect of the Defender?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
lightning

United Kingdom 
Sorry to sound stupid but, What's ACC? ls it some kind of advanced cruise control?

l don't have anything like that on mine. But it sounds like l am not missing much.
Post #1032143 19th Apr 2024 2:13pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
Adaptive cruise control, it will track the car in front and speed up slow down, i have no issues with it and it seems to work well but many say they dont like it MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1032145 19th Apr 2024 2:27pm
LR Nuts

I bought the car to drive it ....... not to be driven in it !!

............. and there should have been a MANUAL version.
Post #1032146 19th Apr 2024 2:32pm
cgardnerma

United States 
Moo wrote:
Mine has all the latest software and has had the ACC recalibrated. All my mates that have the Defender all hate the ACC. It's really poor.

I actually find the ACC to be OK. I have an Audi Q7 that is better, but not miles ahead. It's way better than my 200 Series Landcruiser which I used constantly. That's quite an old system, I know. I do wish it had actual lane centering and not the stupid - only keeps you from ending up in a ditch - system.

My favorite thing about the Defender is the combination of on-road and off-road capability. I believe is is truly unique in that aspect and was enough to sway me from a lifetime of Toyota trucks.
Post #1032234 20th Apr 2024 3:15pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 
Pro’s
I love the motorway comfort,
the space in the boot (130)
the driving position (my back issues seem to have subsided since driving back from Melksham),
the smoothness of the D300,
the brake hold and smooth restart,
gear lever over the rotary thing (far more intuitive),
looks,
infotainment,
easy clean flooring.
Economy is about 34mpg so far.

Con’s
It’s black 🙄
It’s very tall and my wife is 4’11” 🤭
ACC is no more than adequate. I may end up using as a standard cruise and turn off the adaptive bit.

I’ve no experience of the lights tbh but I have the Matrix jobbies so hoping they’re ok. If not a trip to Lazer may be on the cards.
I don’t regret selling my FFRR TDV8 which was a beautiful car because the insurance saving alone was £2k per annum but the practicality over the FFRR is huge. This car is huge on space, carries eight comfortably and will tow my caravan easily. It’s already a car I turn to take a look at when locking and walking away. The pro’s far outweigh the con’s.

Click image to enlarge
 24MY 130 X-Dynamic HSE Santorini Black
Post #1033098 28th Apr 2024 6:42am
DFNDER

Australia 
aquascape wrote:
Adaptive cruise control, it will track the car in front and speed up slow down, i have no issues with it and it seems to work well but many say they dont like it

Towing our 2.7t caravan with ACC activated, it keeps the distance to the cars in front very well, smoothly accelerating or decelerating as required. Setting it at 3 gives it time enough to react. 2 is too close, 4 is too far as the car builds momentum beforw having to decelerate again. We were getting 20.2L/100km on the Fwy with ACC active. Not too bad for the P400SE. My mates new Disco with the D300 managed 17.9L/100km towing a similar weight. Without ACC active on a similar part of the trip I was on 23.4L/100km.
Post #1033202 29th Apr 2024 4:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12