Home > Td5 > immobiliser light whilst driving- fob doesn't work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Guinness

United Kingdom 
immobiliser light whilst driving- fob doesn't work
Hi there,

I have recently picked my car up from the garage after getting a new door fixed and I noticed as i drove it away that the immobiliser light was flashing every 5 seconds or so. The key fob also does not lock or unlock the car. The first resolution i thought of was a dead fob battery so i tried replacing it but to no avail ( I tried the press lock 4 times, unlock once to try and reprogram).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where else i should be looking before i return to my garage?

Guinness
Post #1023232 1st Feb 2024 4:48pm
4RF RDS

Canada 2000 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Epsom Green
Something seems messed up. Maybe this helps? I’d take it back. 🤷‍♂️

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2010 Range Rover MkIII Autobiography Super Charged (Idris)
2003 Range Rover Mk III (Desmond FitzWilliam)
2000 Defender 110 CSW TD5 (CTX)
1992 Range Rover Classic (Lizzy)
1972 Series III 300 Tdi (Stanwood)
1967 MGB GT

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Post #1023248 1st Feb 2024 6:08pm
Craig772

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
I find the alarm on my 2000 TD5 90 a little bit tempremental at times. Often I have to press twice to disarm the vehicle, never have to press twice to arm it though. When I first got the vehicle I am sure the indicators flashed once on arm and three times on disarm. Now I get the interior light on disarm, but only after one or two key presses depending on it's mood. It also doesn't like being left for a week without being disarmed. If it's in a mood with me it'll want arming (again) before I can disarm. Regular use tends to prevent all of these symptoms. Oh... and it doesn't like being rushed so give it a good 5 to 10 seconds before arming and disarming.

If I had your symptoms I'd disconnect the battery, leave it a moment and reconnect. As the truck would be open I'd start the ignition (avoid a few on off's as that triggers something in the alarm). Then lock the truck and arm. Wait 10 seconds and disarm. Start the engine and see where you're at. That's always helped me when I was first figuring out the alarm. The repeated on/off ignition with the door closed triggers something I haven't quite worked out yet. Maybe it's just in state and needs power removing for a reset. Good luck. https://www.instagram.com/roxi_defender90/
Post #1023286 2nd Feb 2024 9:03am
Guinness

United Kingdom 
Ill give those suggestions a go! heres hoping, thanks.
Post #1023296 2nd Feb 2024 11:11am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Was it the drivers door that had work undertaken on it ?

If your fob locked / unlocked the doors and the alarm operated as normal before the work was undertaken, but subsequently does not do so , I would check the door wiring, including the door switch and wiring and the fuses associated with the 10AS.

I have a Puma so I don’t know which TD5 fuses are associated with the 10AS but expect their to be 2 of them.

I’m sure their are wiring and fuse diagrams on here for the TD5 covering the 10AS and associated wiring to doors.
Post #1023308 2nd Feb 2024 12:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1