↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > SatNav Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
SatNav Failure
Anyone come across this one: A few days ago the Speed Limit info started disappearing 30seconds after reading a road sign. It was also failing to display national speed limits, just the white circle with a black line. 2 days after that the whole PiviPro SatNav died off with the message 'Please insert a USB with Map files' or something like that.

I downloaded the latest maps onto a USB stick but it won't go past 0% and fails with a message suggesting I re-insert the USB. I've had no issues updating maps before but I haven't bothered since OTA updates went live. I've gone through various iterations of USB stick and not trying to drive until the install screen says it's ok but I'm not getting anywhere.

My suspicion is that the latest OTA update corrupted the Pivi SatNav and now whatever it uses for storage is toast.

Before I start doing battle with the dealer has anyone else had this issue? I've searched around the web but can't find a similar occurrence.

MY22 HSE110 with up to date Nav/Data/Tracker etc., subscriptions. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1019121 23rd Dec 2023 7:19pm
Blue Boy

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Buckingham Blue
I have the same problem. Not sure whether it is a coincidence but it occurred after the dealer activated the second key. Same speed indication problem as you and same issue: won’t load from USB - fails at 0%. Spent the day at the dealers and they couldn’t get maps on either. Dealer is going to talk to LR about what it could be.

My car is now off the road at the dealers with some failure in the 12v electrical system. Still don’t know if all coincidence or if all the faults are linked in some way. P400e 110 MY22.
Post #1019258 25th Dec 2023 5:39pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Sounds exactly the same. Haven't been to the dealer yet as the chances of anything being fixed over Christmas is minimal. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1019264 25th Dec 2023 10:03pm
Blue Boy

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Buckingham Blue
I’ll let you know if I make any progress in the new year!
Post #1019267 25th Dec 2023 10:10pm
walfy

Just to add my tuppence in.

Over the xmas period my maps dissapeared as well.
But in the previous couple of weeks, the maps would vanish.
I had the pivi maps repeated on the digi dash. So was like google maps. The mapping would go but leave the base map there, so it would only show roads. Felt like the mapping skin was gone and it was base layer navigation left. Then after a few niles it would just reappear.
But now it's all gone. No base layer, no google style maps. Just a message to insert a USB with maps on.

I have a recall letter from JLR about the alternator charging issue, so will speak to them about this mapping issue then 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #1020638 9th Jan 2024 2:19pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
As expected the dealer couldn’t fix it. They are waiting on a software package from Landrover Tech to do a complete Pivi re-install. I’m not holding my breath as I suspect there are a lot of affected cars and the install will be VIN specific. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1020948 12th Jan 2024 8:07pm
walfy

What software version is everyone on?
I was showing as 4.1.0 the other day, then I checked today and I had a statement about OTA updates ensure the vehicle operates at it's best.
Just seems strange why my version isn't showing anymore 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #1020951 12th Jan 2024 8:15pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Could this not be rectified with an OTA update? If not then JLR service departments are going to be busy.
Post #1020970 12th Jan 2024 11:25pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
I think 4.1.1 is the latest version MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1020985 13th Jan 2024 8:13am
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Pretty sure it was an OTA update that trashed my system! It’s been regularly updating since the OTA’s went live for the Maps.

JLR think my entire install got corrupted so an OTA won’t fix it as there are no files to update any more. Still waiting for them to come up with a solution. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1021394 16th Jan 2024 2:03pm
cgardnerma

United States 
Hi folks. I just purchased a used P300 with the same symptoms I noticed before taking delivery. Two days in shop and they said the receiver/nav module needs to be replaced with no ETA for parts. As a lifetime Toyota truck guy, I expected a different "quality" experience, but the lack of any sort of honeymoon period is breathtaking! LOL.

Picking it up tonight and will be using CarPlay until they can actually get the part.
Post #1023264 1st Feb 2024 9:48pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Just had an update from my dealer. After advice from Landrover Technical they managed to fix another vehicle with the same issue. I'm waiting for some parts so that I can actually open the bonnet (cable etc) so mine will go in when those parts arrive.

Apparently the fix that worked was to load the Australian Maps then re-load the UK/Europe ones. Yes, that's the fix that Landrover came up with. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1024490 12th Feb 2024 4:52pm
cgardnerma

United States 
The part came in for my 2022 and they replaced the whole receiver unit under warranty per instructions from Land Rover. Very expensive part at $3500 but they covered it. All works perfectly now.

They mentioned the part number had been updated, so likely some running fixes were implemented. There is also a "core charge" for the old part, so they are probably doing a smaller repair on an individual card or something and putting them back into cars.
Post #1025039 17th Feb 2024 9:36pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Well no surprise the loading of the Australia Maps didn't fix it - that is actually a service bulletin from many years ago so I don't know how they thought that would fix it.

Landrover Technical still refuse to give in and change the Nav Unit and insist on playing about with software update after update - all fail naturally.

Just waiting for Landrover Technical to admit defeat! Hopefully they will do that soon as the service agent keeps saying Nav Unit as well. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1026362 29th Feb 2024 1:44pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
They still won't admit defeat and order a new Nav Unit! Going to be another month then Landrover Tech are going to do a site visit - probably remotely. That will be 4 months without a working SatNav.

I know the chances of getting any compensation out of Landrover are slim but does anyone have any suggestions? A bit late to reject it as it's over 2 years old now!

Obviously it's an irritation rather than a major issue for me but in these hard times I'd like to rattle some cages and see what happens. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #1027912 13th Mar 2024 2:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>