↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Karitek easy load roof rack system (ELLR tilt and
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Softail

Scotland 
[For Sale] Karitek easy load roof rack system (ELLR tilt and

Click image to enlarge

Karitek Easy Load Roof Rack system £495.00 (located in East Lothian, Scotland)

Used but in full working condition (pictures taken this week and show rack system fitted to a 2014 LWB 110 CSW, and also just after removing from the vehicle).

These Karitek systems are manufactured for heavy loads on high roof vehicles. The Karitek clamps to roof bars and then pulls out and tilts down for easy loading of canoes & kayaks, or bikes/roof boxes etc, then lifts back up and slides back & locks into position. This allows items to be loaded onto Defenders and high roof vehicles with ease.

My set-up for sale is currently configured for carrying two kayaks and one canoe, but has also been used for general carrying of ladders, dingy etc. Current price for this from Karitek is £973.20 . Further details can be seen on their website (search under Karitek or teal-es / Teal Engineering Services).

The Karitek system is mounted on two heavyweight Thule roof rack bars. Current price for these from Thule is £195.00

So the total new price for this system is therefore £1,168.20. Looking for a low hassle sale at £495

Selling as my family have now outgrown its usage, and because I'm also most likely going to sell my immaculate & low mileage 110 CSW Sad (which may be listed on here in the coming weeks!!).

The overall unit is heavy, and would need collected, or I'm happy to liaise with a "man in a van" type service if you'd want it collected.

Very happy to take any questions, and if you'd like or prefer to talk please just send me your number.

Many thanks for looking at my advert.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1016028 22nd Nov 2023 5:25pm
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
I can vouch for how good these are.

I’ve had one for about 6 or 7 years - bought it off a fellow forum member.

One of my kayaks is circa 40kg, and whilst it is entirely possible to load it onto a ‘normal’ roof rack or roof bars, these things make it a one-handed job.

I added a ‘cable tray’ from front to back to add rigidity when not loaded, and this provides additional storage space for all the kayaking/camping paraphernalia.

I notice yours has a second pair of guide wheels - mine only came with one pair and I added a second.

Good luck with your sale 👍
Post #1016117 23rd Nov 2023 8:02am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
PS lovely Defender Thumbs Up
Post #1016118 23rd Nov 2023 8:03am
Softail

Scotland 
Hey Screbble, many thanks.

Hadn't thought about adding "tray" material of some form to carry what you say. Overall, I found it just a great load carrying option that was so kind to my ailing back Laughing !!! On occasions mine was loaded with two full size Ocean Kayaks, plus a Hobie Adventure Island. Serious kit and a non-trivial weight, yet I could load and unload this myself. Not quite sure how the physics or engineering works TBH, but the design seems to optimise natural balancing point of the rack construction irrespective of the load.

The Defender is (was) my dream vehicle from a boy, but I'm having to be honest with myself and admit that since retiring I'm simply not needing or using it. It's been really mollycoddled. I'm slowly moving out of denial and into acceptance that it's more sensible to sell sometime over the autumn / winter.

A friend laughingly said that after I've sold I'll probably start looking around for an older short wheel base model as a comfort fix Laughing
Post #1016155 23rd Nov 2023 1:39pm
Softail

Scotland 
Hi, just giving this a gentle nudge as it's still for sale.
Thx, Mervyn
Post #1028028 14th Mar 2024 1:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1