↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone swapped out the analog gauges for a full digital
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
starbai

United States 
Has anyone swapped out the analog gauges for a full digital
I believe I've seen it done as a major retrofit by some of the UK companies.   The work of swapping the physical clusters is obviously a big job in and of itself.  But the question I have is whatever coding that needs to be done, can it be completed with the GAP iiD tool? Or would it take the much more advanced systems to make it work correctly? 
Post #1015841 20th Nov 2023 10:48pm
pjeski

United States 
I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Edit:
Well, not bad, but it’s not quite done yet. It’s not something I would recommend trying yourself but it might not be impossible. There’s a lot of software flashing involved, apparently, as well as some extra wires to connect. 

The work is being done at Sarek. They’ve partnered with one of the prominent UK outfitters that has developed this retrofit apparently there’s a lot to it, and resolving the issues has been complicated be the time difference. We’re left with one issue that the map display is flashing back and forth to the “blank” screen, which is a side view of the defender. This is a 23 130. 

Hopefully the guys in the UK will have an answer in the morning. Once it’s resolved I’ll add more. 
Post #1015843 20th Nov 2023 10:59pm
pjeski

United States 
Everything works great. There was a connection that wasn't snapped in correctly and once that was done, everything behaves as you would expect including the annoying dimming.
Post #1018297 13th Dec 2023 8:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1