↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Enabling miles per hour on a MY23.5 L663 issued in kph only
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Al B

United Kingdom 
Enabling miles per hour on a MY23.5 L663 issued in kph only
Hi all, new member here. I’ve just moved from Oz to the UK (for the weather…) and I’ve imported my Defender X MY 23.5. It’s going through legalisation at the moment. One (very) mundane item (compared to some of the cool things in this forum) is we are having trouble swapping over / adding miles per hour units to the speedometer. The car was only issued in kilometres per hour and the vehicle settings via the touch screen doesn’t have the option to use miles per hour. I’ve trawled through the internet and found the link below but I think the MY23.5 is different to what this site contains.

https://sx-tool.com/new-jlr-ccf-tools-4-9-...2017-2023/

So I’m wondering if anyone here can advise on what I require to access my car configuration file and make the changes so I can get my car to its legalisation test and on the road. Looking through the link above for the pre 23.5 files, there looks to be an option where I can add miles per hour as a secondary unit (as well as swap to solely mph).
Btw: I tried to get JLR to do this but they weren’t in a position to do it (spec changes aren’t supported, but you guys are probably aware of this).
Any recommendations / advice is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Al
Post #1015001 13th Nov 2023 7:51pm
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Hi Al,
Welcome to the sunny UK.

You may want to post your question on the dedicated L663 thread and/or ask Martin to relocate it, as you are more likely to get a response.

Good luck 👍
Post #1015008 13th Nov 2023 9:38pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Moved Smile  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #1015015 13th Nov 2023 10:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Moo

Ukraine 
When I travel in Europe I change everything to KPH via Pivi so I presume you can do i5 the other way round. Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1015023 13th Nov 2023 10:49pm
Tim in Scotland

According to the IGuide the ablity to change speedo unit is market specific, so as the original market was a kmph market you may not be able to change it without a replacing software.

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #1015036 13th Nov 2023 11:44pm
Al B

United Kingdom 
Thanks all.
I saw the speedometer section in the iGuide so I am (dangerously) assuming the car configuration file can be accessed to make the change there. My understanding is that the MY 23.5 is coded differently to those prior hence wondering if anyone has accessed the CCF in a MY23.5 model.

I'll keep digging around.

Cheers
Al
Post #1015047 14th Nov 2023 8:20am
Al B

United Kingdom 
Screbble wrote:
Hi Al,
Welcome to the sunny UK.

You may want to post your question on the dedicated L663 thread and/or ask Martin to relocate it, as you are more likely to get a response.

Good luck 👍

Thanks for this Screbble - much appreciated.
Post #1015048 14th Nov 2023 8:21am
Al B

United Kingdom 
Martin wrote:
Moved Smile

Thanks Martin
Post #1015049 14th Nov 2023 8:22am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Al B wrote:
Thanks all.
I saw the speedometer section in the iGuide so I am (dangerously) assuming the car configuration file can be accessed to make the change there. My understanding is that the MY 23.5 is coded differently to those prior hence wondering if anyone has accessed the CCF in a MY23.5 model.

I'll keep digging around.

Cheers
Al

In the past, you used to go in and could change the market and that would give different features, i assume that is still the case

You will probably struggle with a dealer doing it - so you will either need some like lr retrofits or an independent with a good system or maybe try IDD tool Mike
Post #1015071 14th Nov 2023 2:18pm
Al B

United Kingdom 
Thanks Mike, a dealer has already knocked me back! I've got a few enquiries out in the ether but I hadn't tried LR Retrofits so thanks for the heads up.
I've also asked the GAP team on whether their tools work with a MY23.5 so hopefully I can make progress somewhere along the line.

Cheers
Al
Post #1015073 14th Nov 2023 2:24pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
The jet pro software lists miles to km. whether you can do it the other way round I’m not sure. Script 103

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1015075 14th Nov 2023 3:07pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
How bizarre that you can't change kmh to mph

Is it some legislation in Australia? Every modern car l've driven has the option to read in either mph or kmh in the menu.
Post #1015080 14th Nov 2023 3:56pm
Al B

United Kingdom 
I think it's more a case of we don't use MPH in Aus (plus there aren't too many crazy people like me who ship their cars around the globe - I was going to lose too much on it for my liking if I sold it). It might be that regs in Aus is the reason - you'd think JLR would prefer not to have someone spending time disengaging MPH from the configuration if they didn't have to.

Cheers
Al
Post #1015084 14th Nov 2023 4:07pm
Al B

United Kingdom 
aquascape wrote:
The jet pro software lists miles to km. whether you can do it the other way round I’m not sure. Script 103

Click image to enlarge

Thanks Aquascape - I'll take a look at the jet pro software.
Post #1015085 14th Nov 2023 4:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Al B wrote:
Thanks Mike, a dealer has already knocked me back! I've got a few enquiries out in the ether but I hadn't tried LR Retrofits so thanks for the heads up.
I've also asked the GAP team on whether their tools work with a MY23.5 so hopefully I can make progress somewhere along the line.

Cheers
Al

Rather madly, dealers arent allowed to do anything with the car, other than things like activating tow bars - they can access everything but arent allowed to do anything not sanctioned by JLR Mike
Post #1015086 14th Nov 2023 4:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1