↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Activating ACC, ATPC, TR2 Auto, Park Assist, wheel size etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 11 <123 ... 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
ckamps

United States 
I wasted time with an OBDII dongle that didn’t work well. Lots of connection problems. I advise you to review references in this thread and get one of those. It f you end up with flaky connections get another dongle.

On my 2021 D90 first edition, ACC, advanced tow assist, dynamic mode, and other activations worked. Remembering the start/stop setting did not but it might have been user error. Besides, the stock setting doesn’t bug me. 2021 D90 Pangea First Edition
Post #1023267 1st Feb 2024 10:03pm
John C

For those of you who have run multiple scripts... (rear door release + ACC etc etc) did you apply the scripts all at once or did you apply individually followed by the shutdown process (I am only bothered about the remember start stop and ACC).

Thank you
Post #1023395 3rd Feb 2024 8:34am
Moo

Ukraine 
Funny, I'm excited that I've been shown how to disable ACC. I think it's one of the poorest and crudest systems I've ever used. Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1023416 3rd Feb 2024 12:03pm
John C

Laughing

I'm struggling a bit with Parallels and connection issues... Don't suppose anyone else has managed to do it using Parallels? I have also ordered a different cable in case it's that.
Post #1023417 3rd Feb 2024 12:11pm
norland

Are those who are enabling ACC also managing to enable steering assist, or are they just getting Lane Keep Assist.

The latter is very crude, just responding when you go over to the lane markings, while steering assist actually actively steers the car and keeps it smoothly in the centre of the lane. Find it really strange that Land Rover still sticks with just LKA on the non-Range Rover models, when they have the much better tech available.
Post #1023468 3rd Feb 2024 5:03pm
John C

Had a crack at this today. I managed to read -write the CCF file, but then got a connection error when trying to do the first of the the two relearning processes. The result was I lost cruise / forward /rear collision detection and had a mild panic. Managed to write the original CCF backup file back and all seems normal now. Everything else worked perfectly just that connection error (seemed to think the ignition may have been off). I have ordered a second cable that is exactly the one someone used earlier in a thread which arrives tomorrow. Not sure to have a second crack at it or quit without losing anything?! Gary the support guy was exceptional - I had an issue where I tried it in a Mac on parallels and couldn’t get to work, so in the end he managed to help me out a new incense on a borrowed PC.

Anyone else have that issue? Had initially thought that it might have been because I have a 24 model… but then spotted the error.
Post #1023485 3rd Feb 2024 8:13pm
John C

Right… all sorted Smile

Thanks very much for everyone’s previous posts - really helpful.

I think some of my initial issues were that I haven’t used Windows for about 20 years and simply couldn’t get my head around it Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

No idea if something is different on MY24, but despite changing cables to the same Amazon UK one recommended earlier in this thread I was still getting errors on DADC and IGM stages. The error I was getting back suggested the car ignition was off. So, I could read and write to the CCF - but was getting loads of errors (and also the door mirrors stopped folding too).

In the end before the DADC stage and also before the IGM stage, I shut down the app, turned off the car (for 20 seconds). Started the app, started the car, connected to the car, and then read the CCF file, then did the DADC stage… waiting until it had done, repeated this process and then did the IGM process.

As a result it all worked perfectly - really pleased I persevered with it - the Stop/start memory, the wifi access point and the adaptive cruise are really useful.

Gary (the guy at the end of the WhatsApp) was brilliantly helpful in earlier stages and really helpful. In the end he did a TeamViewer session to sort out a license issue.

In hindsight, I was quite glad I was using a laptop that had nothing on it other than windows - turning off all the security and the Team Viewer stuff would probably have worried me a bit on laptop that had anything else on.

Hope the above helps anyone else struggling!

John
Post #1023570 4th Feb 2024 7:44pm
malibu

Australia 
@norland, I totally agree.
When the Gap tool G4 is out, I will definitely try to get steering centering working.
Post #1023614 5th Feb 2024 1:05am
SJHowi

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 2.5 Petrol Works V8 Auto Corris Grey
doesn't seem to be available anymore? Question
Post #1025614 22nd Feb 2024 5:08pm
SJHowi

Bloody cable just arrived as well Laughing
Post #1025914 25th Feb 2024 1:44pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
The Jet pro software is still available. $199

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1025940 25th Feb 2024 4:59pm
SJHowi

Cheers , was getting “no Licenses available” until today Thumbs Up
Post #1025960 25th Feb 2024 7:34pm
norland

The jetpro licencing options are really strange to my eye. You have 72 hours locked to one VIN for 199, then the next step is unlimited VIN'S for a year for 1800.

Surely a middle ground option would be a good idea. I wouldn't be keen in spending 199 for just 72 hours, but 199 for a month or something like one year locked to one VIN for 299 would be very tempting.

Also noticed the website says MY 17 to 23; has something changed for MY 24 and it doesnt work, or has website just not been updated.
Post #1026514 1st Mar 2024 8:13pm
Philipp1601

Germany 
I used it on a MY2024 without problems. Greetings

Philipp

---------------------------------------
MY24 Defender 110 XS-Edition D250 Stealth Mod
MY07 VW Multivan T5 Sport Edition D5
MY12 Mini R55 Cooper Works
MY00 MB SLK 320 R170 Designo
MY21 KTM 690 SMC-R
Post #1026516 1st Mar 2024 8:27pm