↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Euro 5 taxi ban
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
Its to discourage ANY car from driving into a city. Frankly other then if you work there, why would anyone want to drive into a city that discourages driving into the city.

Had to go to Antwerp, was contemplating train but at Euro 300 (from Paris) I opted to drive (Euro 50). Checked the LEZ online and my car was good. Then got a fine in the post for EURO 130 because I had not registered my car on their website (note here that every city with LEZ in Belgium has a different registration process). This is something for EU cars not from Belgium it seems.

Well it was still cheaper than the train, but now I just avoid any (private) event in 'a city like that!'

aholes. Cities are for woke people that have no car, or kids, or useful things to do.
Post #1021613 18th Jan 2024 7:53am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Perhaps it should be cheaper and easier to park the more polluting cars than the cleaner ones, so that they spend less time driving around looking for somewhere affordable to park. Laughing
Post #1021618 18th Jan 2024 9:53am
walfy

Moo wrote:
There's no private car ULEZ in Bath, but if you park in a council car park then you will pay for parking based on your Euro classification. Confused

The council will only take payment by App so they know exactly what you drive. Luckily, there are some very good private car parks Thumbs Up Laughing

I noticed that the other day when on Walcot St. Care to share where the good private car parks are? Via PM if more comfortable. I'd rather give money to the man on the street than the council 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #1021624 18th Jan 2024 10:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12