Home > Off Topic > Jaguar I-Pace Spontaneously Catches Fire While Charging In F
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
spudfan

Ireland 
Jaguar I-Pace Spontaneously Catches Fire While Charging In F
Jaguar I-Pace Spontaneously Catches Fire While Charging In Florida
This could be making a mountain out of a molehill owing to the small numbers involved, but here is the article
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
This reportedly is the fourth such fire and the cause has yet to be pinpointed.
Even though the Jaguar I-Pace isn’t regarded as one of those EVs that can spontaneously catch fire, well, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, and when it does there's a strong chance its battery cells may be to blame. The most recent is a fire that destroyed a 2019 I-Pace in Florida while the vehicle was reportedly parked and charging in a garage, with its owner driving it out (even though it was already billowing smoke) just before it went up in flames.

It occurred in mid-June of this year and the vehicle’s owner, Gonzalo Salazar, told Electrek that

On June 16, I plugged the car in before going to bed. In the morning of June 17, I woke up and unplugged the car. Later that morning, I set out to run some errands. I drove about 12 miles that morning before returning back home and parking the car back in the garage, leaving the garage door open. As I was doing things at home, I heard pops coming from the garage. I decided to go see where the sounds were coming from, and upon walking into the garage, I faced a thick wall of smoke. My thought immediately was, ‘When there is smoke there is fire,’ and I need to get the car out of the house garage. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #960357 2nd Aug 2022 8:01pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
EV bus fire in Paris

Recent Tesla fire in the US, the fire department had to borrow a nearby digger to dig a pit, they filled it with over 4,000 litres of water and shunted the vehicle into it because they could not put the fire out.

On a smaller scale in the US there has been a spate of ebike fires, one of which took out the bike shop that was charging it. None to my knowledge were the limited powered mainstream brands. The US does seem to get away with high powered hand throttle ebikes that would be classified as electric motor bikes here.

Something like that bus fire would cause carnage in Friday evening rush hour on the M25.
Post #960370 2nd Aug 2022 10:40pm
markb110

and this

Post #960371 2nd Aug 2022 10:44pm
markb110

Update to Spuds original post.

This happen yesterday apparently. No doubt the UK press will be calling it a diesel.... Whistle

Post #1011716 18th Oct 2023 9:46pm
Moo

Ukraine 
My mates RR Sport...

Click image to enlarge
 Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1011722 18th Oct 2023 10:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1