↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Injector cleaners/ fuel additives
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Evil Elsie wrote:
I put 300ml of 2 Stroke oil per tank full in mine (should be 375ml but my little bottle is only 300...😁).
She runs quieter and it definitely improves our fuel consumption πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The peugeot 306 HDI boys used to do that too, made the injectors quieter, because it was stated that something was removed in diesel back in 2000, to try and make it cleaner. Which may have been a lub for the injectors on diesels. I have not done it, because i know how sensitive common rails are, compared to the mechanical pump. Been said that you can kill the pumps if your not careful, but i think that's only a myth. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1009851 3rd Oct 2023 5:57am
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
I'm now using Hydra DPB-100, only 2000miles in but engine is lovely and smooth, used quality 2SO for the first 48,000 intermittently with no issues but found this and thought it sounded like a better bet with Lubricant, cleaner and Cetane boost

https://www.hydra-int.com/diesel-power-blast.html DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #1009857 3rd Oct 2023 8:11am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Interesting. Not seen that stuff before. How much per tank do you need to use?
Post #1009881 3rd Oct 2023 11:20am
LR90XS2011

from website
500ml treats up to 750L of diesel
Contains the best cetane booster + lubricants + detergents.
Converts standard diesel into premium.
Protects and maintains all diesel engines.
Includes ethanol stabiliser to combat the harsh effects of ethanol fuel.
Detergents prevent and remove carbon deposits from internal engine components including DPF.
Helps your vehicle pass its MOT by reducing smoke, odour, and emissions.
Boosts cetane rating from 4 to 8 points improving engine performance and fuel economy.
Safe for use with catalytic convertors
Brand: HYDRA

DESIGNED WITH CLASSIC CARS IN MIND
Our additives have been specially formulated to help protect your cherished classic car from the harsh corrosive nature of fuels containing ethanol.

Ethanol absorbs moisture from the air. When a classic car is stored for long periods without being used, this moisture condenses in the fuel tank, fuel lines, and engine components causing metal components to rust.

Hydra DPB-100 includes a corrosive inhibitor to combat these issues.

HOW DOES HYDRA DPB-100 WORK?
After only 20-30 hours, modern engines can lose as much as 5% of their power and fuel efficiency through carbon deposits building up inside the injectors. These deposits affect the smooth flow of injected diesel fuel, reducing your fuel economy, and making cold starting of your engine more difficult.

By utilising new developments in detergent technology, such as polyetheramine, Hydra DPB-100 ensures a complete internal engine clean down to a molecular level. Existing carbon and unburnt fuel deposits are rapidly removed from injectors and valves.

100% clean injectors result in a very finely atomised spray pattern ensuring a more complete burn. Giving better fuel economy, reduced emissions and improved engine durability.

Hydra DPB-100 also contains cetane boosters in the form of 2-EHN. With measured cetane increases of up to 8 points. 2-EHN is the most popular and well respected of the Alkyl nitrates in the industry, creating more consistent ignition quality whilst reducing negative combustion qualities.

To counteract the fuel drying effects of 2-EHN, DPB-100 also contains lubricants. By improving the lubricity of diesel oil. DPB-100 reduces friction in the cylinders and injector pumps, thereby reducing corrosion, fuel pump and injector wear issues and improving fuel economy. Test results give an HFRR Wear Profile of less than 300.

HYDRA DPB-100 CAN BE USED IN ALL DIESEL ENGINES, INCLUDING...
Cars, vans, trucks, buses, trains, boats, generators, earth moving vehicles, military vehicles, all 2 and 4 stroke engines.

If it takes diesel, DPB-100 will have it running like new in no time.

For highly tuned diesel engines, use Hydra MAXIMUS.

HYDRA DPB-100 IN MARINE ENGINES?
Hydra DPB-100 is strongly recommended for use in marine diesel engines.

Marine engines work much harder and under harsher conditions than automotive engines, leaving them far more prone to wear and tear.

To extend life expectancy, regular and thorough maintenance is essential as repairs are not only time consuming with long periods of down-time but are also extremely costly, as marine engines are far more expensive than their automotive counterparts.

To prevent malfunction the fuel system must be kept clean. This includes cleaning the filters, fuel lines and injectors of any carbon build-up, sediment, and salt crystals.

Hydra DPB-100 ensures a complete internal engine clean down to a molecular level. Existing carbon, unburnt fuel deposits and marine sediments are rapidly removed from your boats engine, keeping you on the water for longer.

Another benefit is the reduction of smoke caused by unburnt fuel, diesel boats on start-up produce heavy exhaust fumes, especially when traveling at the low speed limits in harbours. DPB-100 effectively reduces these emissions and prevents soot from finding its way into your boats engine oil.

DPB-100 STABILISES DIESEL FUEL
The problem with diesel fuel used in boats, generators, farm vehicles, etc., is that this fuel often remains in the fuel tank for extended periods before being used. This fuel starts to degrade after only four weeks, leading to long-term problems and inefficiencies (in a car, it is usually used within a week or two).

Hydra DPB-100 prevents sludge and sediment formation and reduces oxidation of diesel fuel caused by thermal breakdown. Safe for ALL diesel fuels and ALL diesel engines, including agricultural and marine. Stabilises diesel for up to 2 years (ideal for winter storage).

OXYGEN DONOR NANO-MOLECULAR CATALYST
Hydra DPB-100 contains a nano-molecular catalyst ingredient that introduces additional oxygen to the fuel. This catalyst lowers the auto-ignition fuel temperature, giving a longer burn time.

With DPB-100 you are now burning all the fuel instead of blowing some of it through the exhaust system where it can clog the DPF. The net result is a quieter and smoother running engine with higher mpg and reduced exhaust emissions.

INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
Independent Laboratory Tests prove that treated diesel still meets EN590:2009 the current EU standard for diesel fuel, therefore your vehicle warranty is not affected by using Hydra DPB-100.

Our products are manufactured to the highest specifications at our UK plant, which is accredited to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018. DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

Post #1009919 3rd Oct 2023 4:44pm
kenzle8a

I ran this in my td5 and it seemed to like it, my father in law also uses it in his l200 and thinks it’s made a nice difference

https://agrilineproducts.com/stanadyne-per...250ml-8942
Post #1009923 3rd Oct 2023 5:26pm
Evil Elsie

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 HT Alpine White
I read quite a bit about adding 2 Stroke oil and the consensus seems to be that it replaces the Sulphur that 'they' removed which acted as a lubricant.

I can say that the engine runs quieter and there is an improvement in fuel consumption - I get around 29-30 mpg pottering about and 38-39mpg on a run. That's with a 1.2 T/box and a roof rack at a steady 65-70 mph and the odd dash up to 75 to get past stuff in the first lane.

Of course, it helps that with two RD Yamahas there's always loads of 2 Stroke oil kicking around... πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

A mate recently tried using some 2 Stroke oil in his 2015 Peugeot Boxer (big van). The best he's ever had out it was 32mpg but on a run down to Manchester he got 41mpg - and is a happy bunny. He didn't notice a reduction in noise but it's probably got better soundproofing than my Landy.

πŸ‘πŸ‘ 2002 Land Rover 110 Td5 Utility
1990 Suzuki GSXR 1100L
1980 Yamaha RD 350LC
1976 Yamaha RD 400C
Post #1009924 3rd Oct 2023 5:31pm
rustandoil

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
Ive just placed an order for a litre of Hydra DPB-100

I will try it in my van first to see if it makes a difference Thumbs Up
Post #1010118 5th Oct 2023 9:56am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Let us know how you get on Thumbs Up
Post #1010122 5th Oct 2023 10:03am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Evil Elsie wrote:
I read quite a bit about adding 2 Stroke oil and the consensus seems to be that it replaces the Sulphur that 'they' removed which acted as a lubricant.

I can say that the engine runs quieter and there is an improvement in fuel consumption - I get around 29-30 mpg pottering about and 38-39mpg on a run. That's with a 1.2 T/box and a roof rack at a steady 65-70 mph and the odd dash up to 75 to get past stuff in the first lane.

Of course, it helps that with two RD Yamahas there's always loads of 2 Stroke oil kicking around... πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

A mate recently tried using some 2 Stroke oil in his 2015 Peugeot Boxer (big van). The best he's ever had out it was 32mpg but on a run down to Manchester he got 41mpg - and is a happy bunny. He didn't notice a reduction in noise but it's probably got better soundproofing than my Landy.

πŸ‘πŸ‘

Just dumped a load of 2Stroke into Miffy as she has been sat still for a few months. Definitely quietens her down a bit. No idea about the fuel economy though just yet.
Post #1010123 5th Oct 2023 10:04am
LR90XS2011

rustandoil wrote:
Ive just placed an order for a litre of Hydra DPB-100

I will try it in my van first to see if it makes a difference Thumbs Up

on their website it suggest the military are using their products in various guises, not sure if this is a recommendation though

will be interested to see what you think DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

Post #1010135 5th Oct 2023 11:17am
rustandoil

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
Hopefully it will arrive in the next few days....just got to figure out dosage per 10 litres
Post #1010138 5th Oct 2023 11:29am
Procta

United Kingdom 
let me know about it, i know they changed the fuel by adding bio diesel into the mix. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1010479 8th Oct 2023 3:13am
Procta

United Kingdom 
geobloke wrote:
Evil Elsie wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ‘

Just dumped a load of 2Stroke into Miffy as she has been sat still for a few months. Definitely quietens her down a bit. No idea about the fuel economy though just yet.

from what i what i read, it helps with the lub rather the MPG. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1010480 8th Oct 2023 3:13am
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
Don't know if it's available in the UK, but I'am running HVO100 at the moment.

It's a plant based diesel, lot's of benefits for the environment (ie 95% less CO2) but the engine is running also a lot smoother and no black smoke anymore.

Only 1 very little setback, it's about 25% more expensive than regular diesel. a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #1010520 8th Oct 2023 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
I use Millers Ecomax reasonably frequently as a β€˜general’ fuel additive, and Forte Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment annually.

Seems to quieten things down and keep the system clean. Not overly expensive in the grand scheme of things.
Post #1010532 8th Oct 2023 5:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>