↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Tdci LR Raised Air Intake
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I think i now prefer the new one. Good pics. Thanks.
Post #6987 6th Feb 2009 11:22pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
110SEB wrote:
I think i now prefer the new one. Good pics. Thanks.

Very Happy so do i now,, nice bit of kit California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #6988 6th Feb 2009 11:47pm
dm_td5

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
TJ101 wrote:
See no reason why not Mike,, Top is screwed on via 4 long machine screws (IIRC) been a while since i fitted mine

Yep, 4 screws. I think you'd do some damage snagging any RAI though. The Safari style ram heads tend to break rather than pull off in my experience. 110 2.4TDCi
110 300Tdi

LROCV ::: AULRO.com
Post #6989 7th Feb 2009 12:35am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
dm_td5 wrote:
TJ101 wrote:
See no reason why not Mike,, Top is screwed on via 4 long machine screws (IIRC) been a while since i fitted mine

Yep, 4 screws. I think you'd do some damage snagging any RAI though. The Safari style ram heads tend to break rather than pull off in my experience.

Thats been my experience with safari (dont mention why i was driving through a forest) but the grill smashed and the top spun out of danager but no other damage to the snorkel.

I know the same with the mushrooms, you just rip the top of...collect and re jubliee clip it back on or replace

Im not so sure with the new type you wouldnt damage the main section Mike
Post #6991 7th Feb 2009 12:46am
110SEB

Well I've collected the stuff from the dealers and they have got me the new plastic Mantec job to my delight. I had ordered the part No for the mushroom topped one, but they have got me a different part No. - what a stroke of luck.

Photos to follow...
Post #7007 7th Feb 2009 8:25pm
dm_td5

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
Make sure to use the pictures in AndrewS' gallery as a guide (See here).

The Mantec (I assume now LR) instructions are a single page of completely useless drawings. I think the only thing they told me was that I'd bought a RAI. 110 2.4TDCi
110 300Tdi

LROCV ::: AULRO.com
Post #7008 7th Feb 2009 10:41pm
Paul55

England 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Mantec RAI
Hello all, first post, so here goes. I have recently (december) bought my first Defender, loving it to bits Very Happy and I am slowly fitting "the bits", after looking at the Mantec RAI I have decided to go ahead and have one fitted, the only problem that I have here is will the fitting of a Mantec affect my warranty by this I mean if the bodywork goes rusty I'll accept the warranty may be void, however if the engine develops a problem will the fitting of a Mantec affect the warranty. Hope this makes sense and look forward to your replies. Cogito ergo sum
Post #7092 10th Feb 2009 1:53pm
110SEB

Hello Paul, and welcome.

It's something you'll need to check with LR themselves, but i'd have thought that it would be fine. If you get a Mantec one from Mantec, i can't see there being much trouble, unless there is an issue with how you have fitted it. If LR reckon that you've botched it, they will wriggle out of their warranty quicker than lightening.

Why not buy a Mantec one (cheaper than LR direct, but exactly same product without the LR badge) and get LR to fit it. They have quoted me 1 hour to fit ours and wing top chequer plate. LR are paying for it all, so i'm happy to let them do it, but it would have cost me £100 for the hour. The LR part costs £350 ish and fitting costs £100. The Mantec part is about £140. So with fitting, the Mantec one fitted by LR would cost less than an unfitted LR one.

Confused? Me too.
Post #7094 10th Feb 2009 2:01pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Re: Mantec RAI
Paul55 wrote:
Hello all, first post, so here goes. I have recently (december) bought my first Defender, loving it to bits Very Happy and I am slowly fitting "the bits", after looking at the Mantec RAI I have decided to go ahead and have one fitted, the only problem that I have here is will the fitting of a Mantec affect my warranty by this I mean if the bodywork goes rusty I'll accept the warranty may be void, however if the engine develops a problem will the fitting of a Mantec affect the warranty. Hope this makes sense and look forward to your replies.

There is a good chance that pannel (ali remember) will not get the corrosion warranty but all all other bits should.

There are 2 issues with parts fitting (and i know ive been here when i bought it)
Genuine parts that you fit or they fit for you carry 12months warranty (unless fitted on or in the 2 weeks of collection then its the warranty of the car) and dont affect your warranty as long as they are fitted as per the instructions

Then there is the interesting bit. The defender can be expected to do a range of things and has a range of accessories - technically you cant be told not to buy things from other manufacutrers but if you have (as my example) the roof and fit a branded roof rack in the way expected as per the guidelines, and something happens then its a reasonable use in a reasonable way...make sense.

If you fit something not designed or not intended then there are huge issues (remaps fit here) or say you fit a safari TD5 snorkel to a puma defender - those things you ask for warranty issues.

The mantec snorkel is/is the copy of the LR version - so i shouldnt see any major issues to be honest. Mike
Post #7098 10th Feb 2009 2:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12