↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > TDCI potential oil burner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Defender SVX

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Santorini Black
TDCI potential oil burner
Hi im new to this forum but not to Land Rovers however could use a little help as far as the 07 Defenders are concerned.
Were looking to buy a Defender 110 xs station wagon or double cab and have found a double cab locally for a fair price, Went to see it on Sunday and as far as Im concerned superb in Stornaway grey and 5000 miles on a 08 57plate has been "blinged" up by Twisted Performance in the past but this to me is a bonus as it will save us money in the future.
Just a few things it had been stood for around a month started first turn but puffed a little blue smoke out of the exhaust on tickover, After a run out it had cleared and the engine was sweet.
Ive since been to Twisted Performance who told me the vehicle had been fully tuned by them for a customer incuding de cat, stainless exhaust, re-map and air filter they also mentioned a little blue smoke is normal for these engines especially as it had been de catted as the cat filters it out.
All my svx does on start up is pour white smoke out until warm so what should I belive the question Im asking myself at the moment is has this vehicle been thrashed to an inch of its life from new hence the upgrades and mayby for sale due to engine damage that the dealer wont honour the warranty due to the mods or am I just being paranoid? other than this the vehicle is ideal and depending on this and the paperwork hopefully be sitting on my drive next week.

Cheers Darrenn. Formerly mao99999
16 Focus RS Nitrous Blue.
11 FFRR TDV8 Vouge SE Black Black.
08 DEFENDER SVX SOFT TOP (SUPERB)
08 DEFENDER 110 DCPU Stornoway grey (Overland Exploration Unit)
05 Fiesta ST 150 Van
04 Jaguar XKR 4.2 Supercharged V8
02 DEFENDER 90 TD5 (next years soft top project)
95 DEFENDER 110 CSW 300 TDi Phoenix black
95 DEFENDER 90 HT Monti Carlo blue COUNTY 300 TDi
67 109" SERIES 2a TUNED 200 TDI
64 DAVID BROWN 990 rat look
55 86" SERIES 1
Post #6680 29th Jan 2009 10:33pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Hi and welcome.
no blue smoke out of mine Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #6686 30th Jan 2009 1:46am
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Doesn't sound like an issue.

If mine's been stood around for a while (a couple of weeks - especially in the cold) then I get a bit more smoke (a bit more blue than normal) on the first start up. It settles down after a couple of mins.

If there was anything wrong, I suspect you'd see the smoke every time you started it. Now you know it has been driven recently, let it stand until cold (overnight) and then see whether you get the same thing again. If not then I wouldn't worry. If so then you just need to ask twisted whether they expect it every time with the CAT deletion.
Post #6693 30th Jan 2009 12:04pm
Shropshire Lad

England 
Likewise. Came back from a week away over new year when it had been very cold on first start up a bit of blue smoke on start up but as it warmed up no problem, sweet as a nut! Don't worry! LR 90 XS GONE! Hurrah!
Post #6697 30th Jan 2009 1:05pm
dgardel

Italy 
a little amount of unburned diesel, don't worry
Post #6710 30th Jan 2009 7:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1