↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Td5 130 Quadtech
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
M.J.Persius

Scotland 2003 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Alpine White
[For Sale] Td5 130 Quadtech
2003 Defender 130 TD5 with Quadtech 1 body. 160,431 miles but will rise with use.

£12,500 ono

Based in SW Scotland.

The vehicle is used as a daily driver currently and as such is in good mechanical condition, ready for continued use. A great deal of money has been spent getting the Land Rover to where it is in now, an entire folder complete with invoices evidencing all work undertaken during my ownership.

Please find the following brief summaries describing each area of the vehicle :

Chassis

The chassis is in good condition. It has been painted by the previous owner who also replaced the rear crossmember. The mid crossmember will require replacement along with the bracketry that holds the rear box to the chassis. The remainder of the chassis as stated above is in good condition, with no requirement for welding of any sort in the near future. Surface rust is present to primarily the rear 1/4 of the chassis. I had planned to underseal the vehicle but have not at this stage as to allow any prospective buyer to see the true condition of the chassis.

Bulkhead

The bulkhead is in good condition. Surface rust is very slightly present at both top corners, the worst of this appearing to be only superficial and at the bulkhead vent brackets. There is some rust present to the top of both footwells although this does not require any attention at the moment.

Doors

All four doors are in very good, solid condition. I understand that all four of the original doors have been replaced with secondhand replacements. There is no rust present on the frames apart from one or two absolutely superficial marks. Unfortunately the doors have been poorly painted by a previous owner, the paint beginning to flake in areas of both front doors. The doors are absolutely solid however.

Body

The paint of the roof is flaking in places although what lies underneath is again absolutely solid. The roof rack has left some staining to the gutters where it has spent most of its life atop the vehicle. A and B pillars are in excellent solid condition, as are front and rear seat boxes. The bonnet and wings are reinforced with checker plate, with the former carrying the spare wheel via a front runner TD5 specific mount. The rear box is extremely robust with the occasional chip to the external layer of the laminate although makes for a very useful and weatherproof rear load space. Genuine safari snorkel fitted.

A brand new filler neck, pipe and breather have been fitted in the last month. A brand new fuel filter head was also fitted earlier this year.

Interior

The cab is clean and in good condition throughout. The front seats are of the later puma type and the rear bench a very good example of the original TD5 era second row seating. The front has sound deadening in the form of genuine LR matting and the rear footwell is protected by an also genuine LR floormat.

The rear of the vehicle is partially ply lined with shelving and a single bed. I have used the vehicle as a basic camper regularly and can lie comfortably in the back at 6 foot. A roof vent is fitted to the rear. A previous owner has unfortunately carpet lined the rear, I have not removed for fear of the adhesive mess that would remain.

Electronics

The electrics were in a mess when I purchased the vehicle. Wires not being my thing I paid an auto electrician to go through the whole vehicle and remove any non standard wiring that it had accrued over its life. The double DIN unit and fascia were then fitted, along with a rear camera and work light (switched via a genuine look TD5 dash switch). The double DIN fitted is android and apple car play compatible. USB charging and connection sockets also neatly fitted to centre console in place of unused switch blanks. Two Ring driving lamps are fitted to the winch bumper and wired in with the main beam. A diesel night heater is also fitted below the second row seats with an additional fuel tank in the rear body. Heater feeds to front and rear body. Front mounted winch with remote, all working and in good condition. Anderson connector on seat box in passenger foot well. Custom made jump leads to suit. Trickle charger input adjacent to this also.
110AH battery fitted within last year.

There are charging outlets and lights in the rear body.

Transmission & Axles

All four corners were fully rebuilt when I bought the vehicle. Everything on the axles was replaced bar the diffs. Hubs, swivels, seals, bearings, halfshafts, breathers. The swivel housings and any bracketry that was to return to the axles was shot blasted and painted.

The clutch was replaced by the previous owner, the release bearing is noisy on a cold morning although it has been since I have owned the vehicle and has never caused issue. The transferbox selects both high and low without flaw, the centre diff locks and unlocks in the same way. It is a standard 1.4 ratio box. Gearbox is good, all gears select easily.

Suspension & Wheels

The tyres are in excellent condition and ideally suited to the vehicle being General Grabber AT's. All are 3/4 years old with again excellent tread.

All suspension bushes have been replaced with Superpro bushings since the photos were taken. Front and rear anti roll bars present with new joints and bushes just this week also. Recent new rear shock absorbers and top mounts.

Brakes

New servo in the last year. Both front brake pipes replaced since last MOT. All brand new calipers, pads and discs at same time as axle rebuilds. Stops well. Handbrake good and readjusted recently.

Steering

Not a leak on the power steeeing. Smaller aftermarket steering wheel fitted. All track and drag rod ends replaced at time of axle rebuilds. Steering alignment completed in last year also.

Engine

Alive Ultimate intercooler fitted along with silicone hoses plus EGR delete and straight through exhaust. Stage 2 remap to suit. Injector seals and injector loom replaced earlier this year. Pulls very well and sounds great. Strong, reliable engine.

The vehicle is serviced twice yearly regardless of mileage. Engine oils and filters twice annually with the rest once annually. Invoices present.

The vehicle will be supplied with a small quantity of spares that I have acquired during my ownership along with a full length galvanised Brownchurch roof rack and twin side ladders.

Overall the vehicle is mechanically very solid, only being let down by some areas of bodywork. I am more than happy to provide more pictures on request. Equally, should you have any questions please do get in touch.

Order No. 220823-373

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #962663 23rd Aug 2022 7:35pm
M.J.Persius

Scotland 2003 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Alpine White
Reduced to £12,500