↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Auto Roof Blind
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
39Steps

Auto Roof Blind
Hi,
I hope someone may be able to assist. When collecting my Defender in Dec 2020 (240D HSE) the roof blind auto opened upon unlocking and closed on locking (or turning the engine on and off). Over the winter I stopped this happening, but I cannot remember how! I would like to switch it back on. The only reference I can find in the iguide is Climate Settings, Auto blind. On checking the settings this morning, the Auto blind option is already on. I have toggled the button on and off but still the option is not working. I am not sure but it may be it was via the actual buttons on the roof blind itself, but tbh I am not sure.

I have contacted the LR dealer to ask if there is anything else I need to do or it is an issue, but waiting for an updated reply.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance.
Post #892099 17th Mar 2021 2:26pm
Philm

United Kingdom 
Mine does that if you close it via the switch, just start the car then open it with the switch, it then works on unlocking and locking again.
Post #892106 17th Mar 2021 3:00pm
Philip

United Kingdom 
If it’s like the Range Rover, adjusting it when it’s set to auto overrides it - try closing it before you turn off, then toggle it off and on again.
Post #892107 17th Mar 2021 3:01pm
39Steps

Great thank you both for the replies, sounds simple enough!
Post #892113 17th Mar 2021 3:57pm
Scrumps

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cairns Blue
Hi,

Try this:-

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...c/G1972384

Or look under “maintenance” in the iGuide

Scrumps 90 D250 HSE Tasman Blue
24MY L461 RRS Verasine Blue
05 TD5 90 CSW Cairns Blue
1967 MGB BRG
1944 Willy’s MB OD green
1942 Willy’s MB OD green
Post #892115 17th Mar 2021 4:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Something else to watch out for: SOMETIMES my sunroof won’t fully close it shuts the pops back up to the tilted position. The cause is also the blind, it can get slightly out of synch with the glass panel. I’ve found that opening the blind fully then closing the glass by pressing the button fixes the issue and next time I open the car the blind has closed itself and re-opens automatically when I start the engine. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #892120 17th Mar 2021 4:49pm
Scrumps

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cairns Blue
Tim,

There is a pano roof reset in the same section of the iGuide too which re-sync the blind ( if I’m reading it correctly).

Scrumps 90 D250 HSE Tasman Blue
24MY L461 RRS Verasine Blue
05 TD5 90 CSW Cairns Blue
1967 MGB BRG
1944 Willy’s MB OD green
1942 Willy’s MB OD green
Post #892123 17th Mar 2021 5:00pm
39Steps

Thanks again for the replies. OK so far have tried the suggestions, with the exception of the roof reset, and Tim's suggestion as I have only just read them! So far it is not sorted. Unless I am being a total numpty, on the roof blind reset, I am presuming it is the close button that has to be pressed for 30 seconds, otherwise the blind opens using the opening button, but I get no click and therefore the next part doesn't happen.

Will try the reset of both the roof (and the blind) again and hope for a more positive outcome.

Thanks again. I will report back!
Post #892145 17th Mar 2021 6:10pm
Q86ARR

Is the blind open when you lock the car?
It will only open on unlocking if it was open when it was locked
Post #892212 17th Mar 2021 10:59pm
39Steps

Thanks for the reply. No it isn't however it never was, when we collected the car, the blind would automatically open upon unlocking and close on locking. It doesn't now irrespective of auto blind being switched on in the climate settings.
Post #892213 17th Mar 2021 11:02pm
dontwakemeup

Australia 
There are different calibration steps depending on your VIN:

I have attached them here:

The following step(s) applies to:

Vehicles built up to VIN:SALEP7EUXL2019064

Use the Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) approved diagnostic equipment to calibrate the roof opening panel blind/roof opening panel glass.

General Equipment: Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment

The following step(s) applies to:
Vehicles built from VIN:SALEP7EUXL2019064

Initialize the roof opening panel blind/roof opening panel glass as follows:

Start the engine and leave running during the initialization process
Make sure that the roof opening panel blind/roof opening panel glass is in the fully closed position - press the close switch to achieve this
Press and hold the close switch again and wait for the roof opening panel glass to jog forward a few millimetres and then return to its original position (this should take approximately 30 seconds), then release the switch
Within 3 seconds, press and hold the close switch. The roof opening panel blind/roof opening panel glass will automatically travel toward the open position and then to the fully closed position. Release the switch when movement is complete
Post #892215 17th Mar 2021 11:10pm
39Steps

Thank you. That sounds similar to the reset function I tried earlier, but I will try again in the morning and report back. I appreciate your help.
Post #892216 17th Mar 2021 11:14pm
39Steps

Update as promised. All sorted. The reset does not happen on the roof blind button. When I reset the panoramic roof itself it resets the roof and the blind.

The last position the blind is left in when locking the car is the position it will revert to when opened.

So it seemed to be a combination of everyone's replies, so many thanks to everyone!
Post #892340 18th Mar 2021 2:44pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Is there an option like on the disco that turns off the auto roof blind, I’m sure it’s a convenience feature option, but it might not be on the defender I’ve not looked Mike
Post #892495 19th Mar 2021 1:24am
Tim in Scotland

Yes there is an option to disable the auto open for the roller blind - after running the engine manually close the blind BEFORE switching off the engine, next time you start the engine the blind will not open. To reset it to auto open again next time you run the engine open the blind before switching off and it will then auto open the next time you restart the engine.
Caveat: this works on my 2020 First Edition, don’t know about 2121 or 2022 MY cars. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #892531 19th Mar 2021 10:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>