Home > For Sale & Wanted > Registering just to sell
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Registering just to sell
Please DO NOT register just to sell on this forum, the FS&W area is meant for established forum members and contributors.

Newly registered members whose only contribution to the site is something for sale will find their post removed and account deleted as it is not fair to abuse the site in this way.

If you feel you have a genuine exception to this policy, please get in touch with me.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #80603 16th Jul 2011 9:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
megatoad

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Hi Martin

I hope that the post regarding wanted/selling rules wasn't specifically aimed at me.

If so I do appologise as I had not seen any rules as such, though I confess I never looked for any either. I appreciate ignorance is no defence javascript:emoticon('Shocked')

I have recently returned to LR ownership after a dirth of many years and am ironocally a newbie to Defenders and dont as yet know many LR folk in my part of the world. Series moters were my thing as you will see from my avatar and I usually haunt the LRSOC portals.

I don't know if your forum software supports it but perhaps it would be a good idea to set the thread on sales rules as a sticky so it always stays at the top of the for sale forum.

As an IT bloke that sets up websites myself I agree you have to defend the sites from illicit users/useage, however I stumbled over Defender2.net only recently but i am not really a forum person so tend to only ask questions or impart my knowledge / experience only when I feel I can help or when I need help.

In this instance the responder not only has managed to dispose of his old dixon bate but has also helped me out by answering the question I originally raised when I first joined the forum re experience of GKN overdrives.

I am sure I will post again on the formum however I am not one for the usual inane chit chat of the general day to day a case in point is "Snow pic Smile (Childish)" personally not my cup of tea!

I thought the forum was here to help us Land Rover enthusiasts communicate and help each other out.

Regards Julian
Post #121617 5th Feb 2012 8:01pm
Dave-H

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tonga Green
Julian,

If you check the 'posted' date on Martin's post you will see it was posted 7 months ago [july 2011] ... obviously not directed at you, a member for a month.

Stop fretting Thumbs Up Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #121625 5th Feb 2012 8:28pm
megatoad

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Doh, I must have licked too many Land Rivers over the years,

Altzheimers must have gotten to me Embarassed

Well 9 posts now Laughing
Post #121629 5th Feb 2012 8:38pm
stew 46

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Bonatti Grey
Hi martin ,joined the defender 2 other week as im on disco 3 forum and love it, can i try and sell my defender on this forum as im on the D3 forum ? will make good donation if it sells , thanks( stew 46)
Post #122444 8th Feb 2012 7:52pm
kingofthesparks

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
Stew, Martin will be able to see that your an established Disco3 member so I wouldn't think he will have a problem with you listing. Thumbs Up

Martin set up the rules because the forum went through a phase of people registering just to sell without offering anything constructive to the forum, much to the annoyance of regular contributors.
Post #122477 8th Feb 2012 8:33pm
joncc

United Kingdom 
I have a thought:

Why not allow new 'sellers' to use the forum, but in a specific category/section?

After all, people come to forums to buy too - and if the net result is more people learning more about defenders and sharing knowledge, and membership growing then surely that's good?

Also it allows a new (possibly naive) buyer to have the backup of your huge experience(s) - if someone posts something that's obviously a bit of a mess (to one/both of your experienced eyes), then that benefits everyone except the unscrupulous salesperson.

Saw this happening ion another forum recently and the value was huge to all involved...

I can't see what problems this causes?
Post #126317 24th Feb 2012 8:00am
chipmunk

2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Oslo Blue
Think that I did this too...........unintentionally! Sorry. Penalties of old age etc. Sad
Post #148708 5th Jun 2012 12:07pm
little Dave

2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
To whom it may concern,thank you for pointing out that i may not sell anything until i have posted contributions to your site, i was unaware but i am now. I have not come on here just to sell,it just so happens that the first thing i need to do is sell somthing. After that then im sure my 11 years in main dealer, extensive product knowledge etc etc may have been useful but seen as my advert seems to have been removed il keep that knowledge to myself. Many thanks,David.
Post #321857 6th Apr 2014 8:14am
tony110dc

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 USW Corris Grey
Re: Registering just to sell
Martin wrote:
Please DO NOT register just to sell on this forum, the FS&W area is meant for established forum members and contributors.

Newly registered members whose only contribution to the site is something for sale will find their post removed and account deleted as it is not fair to abuse the site in this way.

If you feel you have a genuine exception to this policy, please get in touch with me.

Hi Martin,

I am pretty new to the forum, but I do have a few spare parts in the garage, is it ok to post them or do I have to wait till I get more posts?

Cheers Tony.
Post #327540 1st May 2014 2:53pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
little Dave wrote:
After that then im sure my 11 years in main dealer, extensive product knowledge etc etc may have been useful but seen as my advert seems to have been removed il keep that knowledge to myself. Many thanks,David.

Rolling with laughter

Missed this one. Seems you were keeping your knowledge to yourself anyway. 11 months member to post something up for sale and 3 posts in total......
Missing your font of great knowledge already, ...... Whistle If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #327680 1st May 2014 9:51pm
Motoberg

United Kingdom 
Do I have to wait for 25 posts to advertise that I want to buy something ?
Thanks
Post #467235 28th Oct 2015 11:01am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
No a wanted ad is fine.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #467236 28th Oct 2015 11:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
APM74

United Kingdom 
Wot Joncc said...
Hi Martin,

I am exactly the kind of scurrilous individual you had in mind. I've had Discos (2 & 3), Defenders and a Range Rover Sport in recent years but all for practical reasons, I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast, and although I want to sell my Defender I understand this is an enthusiast's site. So I completely understand your point - your place, your rules.

The reason I was tempted to register anyway though, and post here, was that no-one seems to have replied to Joncc's post 4 years ago - but he seems to make a fair point?

So my question really is - do you think Joncc had a point (in which case I'd post but only when there's an appropriate forum to do it in), or not - in which case fair-do's and shalom?

Cheers,

Adrian
Post #504246 13th Feb 2016 10:51am
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
Adrian

If you read the for sale rules there can be exceptions to the rules if you contact Martin directly, he will consider each case individually, he is a top bloke who works hard for this site and he has put in rules for a good reason. 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #504251 13th Feb 2016 11:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>