↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My 300tdi Bonatti grey galv chassis rebuild
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
Ive finally got around to getting a new blockpaved driveway and had the entrance made wider for two cars. This meant my telescopic security post (shown in first post) wouldnt be much use on its own as you could easily drive the Defender around it. So I factored in a second security post to box my Defender in. This way the missus can come and go in her car as she pleases, whilst my Defender remains secure.

Before....

Click image to enlarge

After....

Click image to enlarge

I chose to have a lift out post and I also ordered an additional ground fixing socket (can just be seen in front of the wifes car) which I had installed at the front of my drive. So now when my caravan is on the driveway I can lift my post out from the side of my Defender and place it in front of the caravan.

Sad the lengths we have to go to isnt it :cry:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #137348 6th Apr 2012 12:37am
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
WarPig wrote:

Sad the lengths we have to go to isnt it Crying or Very sad

Your right there mate. I mean all that work just to be able to park the wife's car on the drive as well! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #137360 6th Apr 2012 7:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
On a more serious not (yes believe it or not, I can do serious from time to time Whistle ).

Looks a good job, the security post unfortunately these days are a must, not just got security but for insurance reasons. How long do you give it before you Censored over one stumbling home drunk from the pub?

I'm currently looking at houses and find myself more and more looking at ways of securing the grounds more than the house it's self! Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #137361 6th Apr 2012 7:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CFB

United Kingdom 
Nice job on the drive, totally transforms the house Thumbs Up

Block paving and Land Rovers isn't always a happy mix though, depending on how much oil it likes to drop Laughing Andy
Post #137377 6th Apr 2012 8:08am
WarPig

BigRuss wrote:
How long do you give it before you Censored over one stumbling home drunk from the pub?

Mr. Green Well the front post is a telescopic post, so that just drops down into the ground. But the side post will be kept in position permenantly, I just reverse alongside it. Theres a good chancce I'll catch my Censored on it one night! Big Cry When my Defender isnt on the drive ive had passers by asking why I would want a post in the midle of the driveway Mr. Green

CFB wrote:
Nice job on the drive, totally transforms the house Thumbs Up

Block paving and Land Rovers isn't always a happy mix though, depending on how much oil it likes to drop Laughing

Thanks, ive got a couple of large seed trays from my greenhouse placed under the Defender to stop any Landie blood dripping on the drive. And Ive half filled these with sand to weigh them down. Just need to drill a few holes in their sides to let rainwater escape. Im having it sealed once the efflorescence has worn off. Hopefully that will make any spills easier to remove?
Post #137418 6th Apr 2012 11:27am
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
WP the drive looks looks great mate, re security Im so pleased I can fit my landy in the garage DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #137427 6th Apr 2012 1:06pm
WarPig

A garage is the perfect solution Thumbs Up
Post #137429 6th Apr 2012 1:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123