Home > Puma (Tdci) > wiper wheel box :'(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
wiper wheel box :'(
Big Cry Well what a day wasted, took the dash out of the 110 not all the way just enough to get to the wiper motor- suspected fault turns out the motor is fine and so is the guide worm, after removing the wiper on the passenger side it had seized, has anyone come across this before- im going to get a new wiper wheel box for it and bolt that on looking at it its a remove the whole dash job Big Cry is this correct. hopefully this cures the jamming any advice/tricks appreciated CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #186098 18th Nov 2012 6:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
This happened to my td5 and all I can say is it was a PITA so can imagine with the new dash it will be worse...... Sorry
Post #186116 18th Nov 2012 6:29pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
May as well send the dash over to me to be leathered whilst its out Thumbs Up
Post #186120 18th Nov 2012 6:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Michael Brindley

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
managed to do my 2007 110 by just pulling dash forward and not removing it.Changed spindle on passengervside and worm gear/cable feeding it cost was very low.Put mine down to being stripped due to frozen wiper blades in winter and being to impatiant to defrost it.
Post #186135 18th Nov 2012 7:11pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

mk1collector wrote:
This happened to my td5 and all I can say is it was a PITA so can imagine with the new dash it will be worse...... Sorry

getting the dash out of a puma is alot easier than td5/300/200 dash for sure is only a few screws but still a pain in the ass Laughing Laughing CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #186166 18th Nov 2012 8:47pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

Go Beyond wrote:
May as well send the dash over to me to be leathered whilst its out Thumbs Up

haha not mine its dads 110 which has gone mate i got me eye on a dash though if i get it it will be heading your way Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #186168 18th Nov 2012 8:48pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

Michael Brindley wrote:
managed to do my 2007 110 by just pulling dash forward and not removing it.Changed spindle on passengervside and worm gear/cable feeding it cost was very low.Put mine down to being stripped due to frozen wiper blades in winter and being to impatiant to defrost it.

im guessing you removed all the heater plastic bits behind ? i dont know why this one has gone its hardly got any mileage on it Big Cry i put it down to dad leaving them on all the time even when its dry CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #186169 18th Nov 2012 8:49pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Chris - Have we been lacquering today? Razz Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #186171 18th Nov 2012 8:51pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

custom90steve wrote:
Chris - Have we been lacquering today? Razz

Embarassed Embarassed it will be with you this week promise mate, i have been so busy today had to get some bumpers done, most of the day was wasted on this Censored wiper motor Evil or Very Mad CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #186174 18th Nov 2012 8:55pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Evil or Very Mad

Only messing. Yeah, I know what you mean with the Puma things sometimes seem to break for no apparent reason often a big head ache a lot of work and expensive. Still at least you know the ins and outs of everything. Think I know just about every nook and cranny in mine now. Whistle Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #186176 18th Nov 2012 8:58pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

Thumbs Up there actually so simple just things never work out right Big Cry behind that dash is nothing really which amazed me a big lump of plastic which serves no purpose apart from looks Shocked ill get some photos once its all out Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #186187 18th Nov 2012 9:21pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Good lad Mr. Green
Post #186190 18th Nov 2012 9:44pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Photo's will be good mate. If you ever get any at the back on the dials would be interesting too. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #186221 18th Nov 2012 11:15pm
B4Lamb

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Galway Green
Michael Brindley wrote:

Id love to be able to change the passenger side wheel box and a complete cable without having to fully remove the complete dash as it appears to be required in the Haynes manual. To pull the dash forward what fixings need to be removed?? There are 15 screws around the dash is it just those or do other things have to come off first, like the grab handle etc?? "You are never to old to learn something new"
Post #748234 31st Dec 2018 12:57pm
mata

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Ive done this job... TWICE!

First time i'd mistakenly ordered britpart wheel boxes and they didn't last. Second time round i replaced wheelboxes, inner worm, outer tubes and motor gearbox wheels with all genuine LR parts and would absolutely recommend doing the same.

I didn't completely remove the dash, although only because i didn't know how to remove the gearstick at the time. Its a bit of a pain with the dash pulled down and to be honest its probably worth getting it right out, its not much more work, from what i've read since removing the gearstick is pretty quick once you know how.
Post #748874 3rd Jan 2019 12:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>