↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
spudfan

Ireland 
This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
By rights this should be in the "Jokes" thread but as it is a true story it ended up here.
A couple of local lads headed off to a music festival in a car and by all accounts they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Festival over, somewhat the worse for wear, they headed back to the field where they had parked the car and there it was…...gone. Yep the car was nowhere to be seen. So you can imagine the state of the two well hung over festival goers as they trudged back out to the road. Luckily they came across a member of the boys in blue who was out directing the festival traffic. They unloaded their tale of woe on the officer who was most sympathetic and surprisingly helpful. He pointed out that owing to the festival traffic it was unlikely that the stolen car would have been driven very far. He got the details, got on the radio and alerted all the patrols in the area. The two lads gave personal details and trudged on to the nearest town.
A couple of hundred yards down the road they spotted the car parked in a field. Yep you guessed it. Being somewhat below par after a weekend of festival festivities they had gone to the wrong field to collect the car. Over joyed the two lads collected the car and headed out on to the road to join the festival traffic.
Half mile down the road they were pulled over by the lads in blue who recognised the car as the one reported stolen a short time earlier.
Anyway things did not improve. Driving under the influence, no identification and being in possession of a stolen vehicle. Definitely a festival to remember 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #762387 7th Mar 2019 7:52pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I tell you what spudfan, I believe the story, as I will tell you lads a tale very similar Thumbs Up

Be a good 10 years ago, on the 306gti forum, which the story ended been linked to 306.net, it was that funny.

Anyway the owner went to the shops and come back and spotted the car was missing off the drive way, He had the keys in his pocket, so who ever took the car didn't break into the house, and there wasn't any smashed glass. So he puts the word about on the forum for the stolen black gti, this was the days before facebook and msn rocked and windows XP ruled the world. Anyway people said they will keep and eye out for the car etc, The owner and informed the police that the car was stolen. 3 days later, he went back to the shops to get some odds and sods, and what did he happen to see, parked in one of the bays? Only the car! What he had done, the very 1st trip was he had drove to the shops and walked back, and he forgot about the car. The lads had a right old laugh at him Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #762392 7th Mar 2019 8:07pm
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
Back in the days when we all used to go to Donnington for the Monsters of rock concerts it amazed me that everyone found their way back to the van Rolling with laughter
Post #762414 7th Mar 2019 8:50pm
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
oh the good old days id love to do it again . in bed by ten these days Smile
Post #762499 8th Mar 2019 1:15pm
spudfan

Ireland 
....at least you can find the bed. Rolling with laughter 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #762525 8th Mar 2019 5:46pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
williamthedog wrote:
Back in the days when we all used to go to Donnington for the Monsters of rock concerts it amazed me that everyone found their way back to the van Rolling with laughter

My mate at work told me that him and his pals used to use back two transit vans up put plans of wood and a tarp over, when they were at festivals etc. Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #762548 8th Mar 2019 6:48pm
L110CDL

England 
williamthedog wrote:

Snap

Went to Donnington every year for the rock concert and then again when they started Knebworth, good old days Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #762574 8th Mar 2019 8:45pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Not a festival story, but certainly a true inebriated idiot story...

A bunch of my mates rented a cottage on the IOW some 25 years ago. Usual score during the week was to head to the local of an evening and drink copious amounts of Ale. One night, one of the group popped out of the pub for a gasper not to be seen again. The remainder of the group assumed he had walked home. Following morning at the cottage, no sign of the straggler, so after a while they headed out to find him, which they did, approximately a mile down the lane and asleep in a field. They woke him and asked him what he was doing, his reply being that he got lost trying to get back from the cottage so chose to sleep it off and head back in the morning. The friends were perplexed so helped him back to the cottage before venturing out to measure the distance from the pub to the cottage. They returned to inform him that the distance between the front door of the public house he had left and the front door of the cottage he couldn't find, was a total of 8m. The two buildings and their front doors were directly opposite each other, either side of a single country lane Laughing Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #762619 8th Mar 2019 11:48pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Rolling with laughter

That's class!!!
I tell you lads a funny story about my granddad, He was in the air force, While he was in, him, and air force pals used to go out on the drink, their quarters were brand new but still were not finished, They had to have the balconies fitted, anyway what granddad and his mates used to do, after coming in from been out on the beer, They would go back to their room, and just open the doors leading out of the balcony, and just pee. A few people noticed how fine the grass grew there Laughing
Anyway, He had not long come out of the air force, and my uncle had got him so Censored that he must of thought he was back in the air force quarters, When he got home. Next morning he woke up and found a massive yellow stain on the white painted wall, he then realised what he had done. He said I must have thought I was back in air force quarters, and done all the actions of opening the doors and then peeing off the edge of the balcony. My gran hit the roof when she saw the stain on the wall. Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #762831 10th Mar 2019 8:34pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I was telling a mate of mine about the two stories on here,
He said you should have seen the night out we had for our school prom, They were in an all lads 6th form at the time.
Anyway him and the lads went the place where the venue was booked, and they got proper rat arsed and practically turned the place over! Lifting a 15Ft statue from the reception and moving it into the car park, Pulling a toilet sisten down off the wall, due to one of the lads pulling on to it to be sick. Another lad lost his loaf with the TV due to the football team loseing so that was hanging off the bracket, My mate said he was that drunk he didnt even know what day of the week it was. They were dropped off back at school, which was only walking distance from his house, He then decided to walk about 4 miles to the local town centre and then get a taxi back home. Laughing His mum went off in a one at him, when she saw the state of him, He had spewed all over the Hired tuxsdo and spent the money his mum gave him for a prom photo on beer. he said the school wanted to know who did what, as the total bill of damage was well into 2.5k. The venue said to the school, not to book their function rooms again. Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #763457 14th Mar 2019 5:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1