Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Bath proposes clean air charge
Post #735103 16th Oct 2018 7:10pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Yep seen it, want to know why ALL traffic isn't included and the working diesels are chosen especially.
Proposals only not a decision.

I am a stones throw away and never go there any more anyway!

Evil or Very Mad Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #735105 16th Oct 2018 7:13pm
Zed

Post #735112 16th Oct 2018 7:29pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Survey here:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CAZconsul...alandgroup
Helpful if members here can complete.
If you need a post code just use BA1 , BA2 or BA3. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #735120 16th Oct 2018 8:06pm
Lateralus

United States 
"There are an estimated 29,000 deaths annually in the U
"From air pollution." ?

How are people in the UK dying from air pollution?
Post #735438 18th Oct 2018 2:54am
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
It's one of those wooly made up figures. Normally comes from 'premature deaths'. Should really be measured as 'years of life lost', but not such a good headline,
Post #735453 18th Oct 2018 6:59am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Re: "There are an estimated 29,000 deaths annually in t
Lateralus wrote:
"From air pollution." ?

How are people in the UK dying from air pollution?

There's a lot of debate Lateralus, as to whether these figures are true or not. But you have to remember that our population density compared to the US is like comparing a sardine in a tin against a sardine in an ocean. So air pollution is probably quite a bit worse.

Indeed if you look at the stats, US has 3.8m sq miles of real estate, whilst the UK has 95k (equivalent to California). So your land sq mileage is 40 times greater than that of the UK. Ergo, to get an understanding of how densely packed we are on this little island, multiply 67m (our population) by 40 and you get 2.7bn, which would be the US population with similar density. Shocked

And given the UK has approx 30m cars (so 1 car in every two people) that would mean the US having 1.35bn cars on its roads. China only has 18 million cars currently, with huge pollution in its cities (where most of the cars are located) so imagine that 10-fold greater!! Also worth rmembering that the UK (and moreso Europe) has a far higher percentage of diesel traffic (50%+) than the US which is by far the worst polluting fuel type.

All in all, enjoy your open spaces and clean air, the UK has a fairly polluted airspace for a first-world country. Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #735461 18th Oct 2018 8:04am
custom90

United Kingdom 
And so the Anti's begin:

Click image to enlarge

Whistle

He's telling people on those pages to ride bikes and get on a bus, then goes and says he drives himself.
Then he mentions what he does but doesn't mention HGV's or trains etc, by fair the highest emissions producers.

Someone has a chip on their shoulder!

Wouldn't even be so bad if all vehicles were proposed to be charged but it isn't, they're saying that petrols are in effect emissions free. 90% of the traffic when I last went there years ago was just cars.

Usually of certain regions of manufacture too...

I'm well aware of particluates but doesn't alter the issue that petrol produces CO2 as well. They are carrying on as if they are not producing emissions at all. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #735556 18th Oct 2018 5:51pm
Zed

Right now I'm more concerned that you have just polluted Def2 with facestalk.
Post #735558 18th Oct 2018 5:58pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Faceache πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ» Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #735559 18th Oct 2018 6:12pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Funny how the USAF planes from Lakenheath that emit 1000's of times what a Defender emits and are screaming around the sky using afterburners every day are always exempt Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #735561 18th Oct 2018 6:17pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
And so is public transport, tour busses and university traffic apparently. If anyone does go on those pages the comments are laughable. It’s an excuse to make money. I can’t stand the place anymore anyway so makes no difference to me at all. Designed to cause animosity and trouble socially as well for political agenda. According to the MP there no one should use cars at all! Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #735565 18th Oct 2018 6:22pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Well our local town has a clean ir zone due to NO2 exceeding limits in a hollow. The planning dept. have a blanket ban on residential development in this area due to air pollution.

OK you could argue that this is good on public health ground which in general terms I have no issues with trying to improve public health.

Now looking at the map there is a major road entering the hollow, to the east of the hollow a large swathe of houses are included.

To the west of the main road the boundary of the clean air zone follows the pavement. As it climbs out of the hollow a minor road enters from the west. Above the minor road the clean air zone going uphill the boundary extends westward to include the houses.

Now NO2 is heavier then air so will sink into hollows so you can understand the lack of residental development.

What is on the other side of the pavement forming the boundary of the clean air zone? A major NHS hospital. Well NO2 must realise it is a hospital so will not cross the pavement. Hence development within the hospital grounds is permitted!

Am I being cynical here?

Brendan
Post #735615 18th Oct 2018 9:12pm
walfy

I think I'm the 4x4 driver running around BAth that bloke despises so much. His comment about pollution being so bad is a bit laughable. It's not that bad, and I work right in the centre. I happily go for a wander about during my lunch break and I'm not dead yet Rolling with laughter 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #735625 18th Oct 2018 9:32pm
WindyJ

Diesel simply brings the pollution local. Petrol sends it elsewhere, up a bit then over to Poland or somewhere. Electric sends it to Africa where it kills children...directly. Privileged champagne lefties hate hearing that....but it’s true. Defenders have a long lifespan and since 80%+ of emissions any vehicle is responsible for happen during its manufacture, my Defender is helping keep the planet clean by not needing to be replaced. Thing is with replacing it = governments get some more tax so they have poisoned young minds....trigger the Bath snowflakes with that.
Post #735629 18th Oct 2018 9:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>