↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > You could not make this up...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #732275 1st Oct 2018 8:20pm
Badger110

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Buckingham Blue
wtf is gender fluid?

Sounds like a bi sexual transvestite
Post #732306 1st Oct 2018 9:20pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
OK where do you put gender fluid, does it go in the engine? Gearbox? Axels? Window screen washers? Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #732312 1st Oct 2018 9:39pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
mick wrote:
Basically Brendan if you’ve got balls your a bloke if you ain’t got any your a woman as far as I’m concerned Mr. Green

Under the presumption then that Hitler only had one ball. Did that make him part 'gender fluid' or 'gender neutral'?

Pity the poor blokes with testicular cancer who then according to this philosophy must come out of the operation theatre with a sex change as well Confused For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #732338 1st Oct 2018 11:31pm
annette

Costa Rica 
Muddybigdog wrote:
OK where do you put gender fluid, does it go in the engine? Gearbox? Axels? Window screen washers?

exactly what I was thinking.

Seriously
Here I am at 57 still fighting every day with stupid bias against women in the LR business and I think we could do with more real women with tits and muscle and brain in the job.
No gender fluid needed. Brake fluid does for me Fixing Land Rovers in rural Guanacaste
Post #732340 2nd Oct 2018 12:16am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I won't pretend to know the nuances between gender fluid, transsexual, transvestite, etc. but if it makes a bloke happy to 'be' a woman good on him/her. I can't see what harm it does and anyone who believes it's part of some plan to somehow undermine society clearly has a screw loose.

I have to say this place really cracks me up sometimes. A load of old men getting all het up because some random dude, you don't know, chooses to wear women's clothes and yet actually think it's completely normal behaviour to give a vehicle a name, gender, and write detailed online journals about what you did together. Along with photos, sometimes hundreds of them.. Many of you probably spend more time and money on your Land Rovers than on your partner's and kids..and yet you think this highly successful bloke is the odd one. Personally I'd have more reason to dislike him because he's a banker that what he wears or calls himself.
Post #732354 2nd Oct 2018 7:47am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Ooh Zed, Mrs Grenadier wouldn't like yu for saying that, some Bankers (her, and her friends) can be quite nice/honest/hard working/sensibly remunerated etc you know Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #732355 2nd Oct 2018 8:05am
Zed

Yeah I know, “Don’t hate the player, hate the game “ and all that but...
Post #732362 2nd Oct 2018 8:31am
DonH2000

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
This all reminds me of the Fall of the Roman Empire.

They got tangled up in all this huggy and kissy stuff and forgot how to defend themselves.

I remember when on an RSPB bird watching tour many years ago LGBT refereed to the smaller birds as "Little Grey/Brown Things". You would be in a lot of trouble if the BBC heard you say that today! Cheers Don.
Post #732402 2nd Oct 2018 9:58am
Zed

That is brilliant!

Reads a thread about transgender and the first thing to pop in head is The fall of the Roman Empire, birdwatching and the BBC.

I would happily buy you a beer and listen to next level random sh.. like that all night. Quality stuff. Kudos my friend.
Post #732413 2nd Oct 2018 10:35am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Despite agonising hours studying history at school, I never realised that "gender fluidity" cause the fall of the Roman Empire!

You learn something new every day! Rolling with laughter

To an extent I think that the country's preoccupation with utterly unimportant stuff like "gender fluidity" is a reflection of how few serious things there are to worry about. If you are about to be eaten by a predator, or if your children are starving, you probably don't care about transgender issues and gay rights.
Post #732414 2nd Oct 2018 10:36am
Slideywindows

England 
Zed wrote:
I won't pretend to know the nuances between gender fluid, transsexual, transvestite, etc. but if it makes a bloke happy to 'be' a woman good on him/her. I can't see what harm it does and anyone who believes it's part of some plan to somehow undermine society clearly has a screw loose.

I have to say this place really cracks me up sometimes. A load of old men getting all het up because some random dude, you don't know, chooses to wear women's clothes and yet actually think it's completely normal behaviour to give a vehicle a name, gender, and write detailed online journals about what you did together. Along with photos, sometimes hundreds of them.. Many of you probably spend more time and money on your Land Rovers than on your partner's and kids..and yet you think this highly successful bloke is the odd one. Personally I'd have more reason to dislike him because he's a banker that what he wears or calls himself.

I probably know more about transvestites than most, as I have grown up with a sibling who is one.

Which has taught me that it is no more necessary to flaunt your "gender fluidity" or homosexuality, than to flaunt your masculinity or seek publicity for how heterosexual you are.

If you want publicity for your sexuality, then OK. But expect others to exercise their right to free speech - whether you like it or not.

Hurt feelings are normal (even for ageist and sexist comments like "a load of old men" Whistle )

Part of life.

Get used to it.

Keep using your free speech gentlemen (and ladies!) it was hard won.
Post #732435 2nd Oct 2018 12:03pm
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Zed wrote:

I have to say this place really cracks me up sometimes. A load of old men getting

Old? OLD!? I'm 23 and even i think its stupid. I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #732526 2nd Oct 2018 6:22pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
What I find hard to understand is all the new changing terminology which goes on.

Now why I do not understand people cross dressing, transvestites or gender fluid that is different to being against transvestites. Basically have no experience of transvestites.

So gender fluid = transvestite.

However what is deadname or dead naming?

Your birth name is quite easy to understand being the name a person was given at birth. Normally a given name and the family name as a surname

Your name is what a person chooses to go by and is often the same as the birth name.

It is possible to change your name by deed poll, often done when someone gets married, often the woman taking the mans surname in a heterosexual marriage, or even combining both surnames.

What is a 'deadname'? Nope not the name you are known by when you are dead. Apparently it is the name used by a transvestite.

Why not just a name?

Why the need for a new made up word when there is already a perfectly acceptable word which is widely understood? Or is it a desire to keep things away from people not in a particular special group?

Brendan
Post #732576 2nd Oct 2018 8:24pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Whilst some people might consider me to be old I do not give our vehicles gender nor do I give them names apart from white 90 to distinguish that from our grey 90. I suppose I could always call them 90 number 1 and 90 number 2 instead but not quite as catchy as white/grey 90.

Now as for bankers, please do not get me going on that subject as they have caused a major economic scenario which has affected a large proportion of our population badly. Then there are the politicians who can not organise a drinking session in a brewery!

Brendan
Post #732581 2nd Oct 2018 8:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12