↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Waxoyl application?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tommyharris

2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Waxoyl application?
Morning chaps,

The post man has just delivered my new waxoyl gun for the compressor! 80 quid but has all attachments for inside chassis etc.

Can anyone point me to a thread that contains how much to apply in one coat and how to get to the tricky bits?

Also any pointers for the bulkhead?

I was thinking an even light covering every summer instead of blasting it all on

Regards

Tom
Post #722827 11th Aug 2018 10:53am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
For the bulkhead remove A pilar hinge bolts then swing the hinge away so you can see the two holes where the bolts attach to the captive nuts then insert a long probe into the holes as far as it will go along the front of the bulkhead, then while spraying slowly withdraw the probe. Then do the same with the probe down to the bottom of the A-pillar and again slowly while spraying withdraw the probe.

For the chassis, an even coat is what you are looking for as waxoyl, unlike paint, comes out of the gun quite thick you will soon learn how much to apply, just spray away inside the chassis a thick coat is better than anything as you will not be able to see where it is going so a good long spray again pushing the probe as far as it will go and then slowly withdraw while spraying . Just make sure you mask brakes, exhaust etc before spraying. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #722837 11th Aug 2018 11:40am
gcc130

It’s not necessary to remove door hinges. On the defenders I have treated there is a drain hole in the base of the door pillar which my flexible lance fits through and you can work it all the way up to the curve in the waist line. I then remove the two bungs for lhd wipers and go both ways with the flexi. Just be beware you can end up with wax entering the dashboard/cabin.
Post #722840 11th Aug 2018 11:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1