↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ARB bushes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
ARB bushes
Mine are getting worn, especially to the rear and especially the passenger side drop link bush.

The upper bushes look no problem at all to change over but the drop link bushes look a little more difficult.
Looking at the parts catalog they look to be two piece bushes and are a compression fit between the washers to a selected torque in the WSM.

I'm thinking this is pretty simple to do and am considering re-using the large bolt size on the drop links and castellated nuts but replacing nuts, possibly the washers and slit pins.

The upper 4bolt single piece bushes look pretty easy, I'll replace all th fixings on there for ease of future maintence.

So I'm just wondering if there is any tips anyone may have or anything to watch out for?

I suppose wear on the large bush bolts is on eto keep an eye on.

Currently I have the upper bushes already but I don't have the droplink bushes etc and can get all the parts easily.
I will be going Genuine, not a fan of Poly at all but each to his (or her) own.

Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #722686 10th Aug 2018 3:20pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
The drop links are tapered on the inside so the bushes just pop out and in, really simple to do, you only need to undo one bolt you don’t need to take the link right off the car. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #722692 10th Aug 2018 3:49pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Ah I see, for some reason I had it in my head that they were press fitted much like the rear damper upper mount.
Then I saw they were two part bushes and I wondered how easy that'd be to do underneath but they do t seem to bad then which is a good thing.
The rear NS seems a little skew wiff on the bush which happened after I hit quite a big pothole hidden in water last year or whenever it was.

That's good I can leave them in situ then and just Dinitrol and replace the two part bushes, much faster job. Mr. Green

Should it be of any use to anyone the drop link bushes P/N: Bush - 552819 - Genuine.
Fits front and rear 2007 > Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #722700 10th Aug 2018 4:40pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
I did my rear drop link and anti roll bar bushes the other week in about 30 mins without rushing at all. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #722706 10th Aug 2018 5:53pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
Mine were a bit of a fiddle but not too bad, including changing after work and putting my tools away it was an hour's job for me.

Getting them in wasn't really easy, I think I used a G clamp to help. It wasn't difficult though. Same part as a Series 3 shock absorber bush I think?
Post #722722 10th Aug 2018 6:36pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
It's the compressing them in concentric before tightening that I was wondering would be a fiddle.
This is why I was wondering if doing in on the bench might be easier.

I've emailed Dan @ Duckworth parts so will go for there. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #722762 10th Aug 2018 9:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1