↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Ricciardo to Renault!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Ricciardo to Renault!
Didn't see this one coming.
I'd heard talk that he may go to Mclaren, but the general consensus seemed to be that he would remain with Red Bull.
Serious dollars involved here I reckon, but good luck to Dan, He seems to be a very likable & genuine person.
Pickles
Post #721353 4th Aug 2018 4:12am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Seems a genuinely nice guy. Always smiling. Very Happy Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #721366 4th Aug 2018 8:33am
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Interesting, I thought, British automotive development company bought by Fench government owned, struggling, industrial company with serious emissions concerns looming? Shocked

No, that's not what this thread is about... Rolling with laughter
Post #721390 4th Aug 2018 11:24am
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
I wonder if he has more confidence in the Renault engine than the Honda. Eventually Honda will either get it right or they'll give up, Renault are still making progress (albeit slower than Mercedes or Ferrari) whereas Honda is still a bit of an unknown in reliability and performance. The only up side for Honda this year is that the McLaren has been almost as bad with the Renault engine as it was with the Honda.

I'm not sure it'll have come down to money, more the risk that Red Bull are taking switching to Honda... http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/
Post #721394 4th Aug 2018 11:40am
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I hope it works out for him, I don’t think he had a lot of options. Staying at Red Bull might have seemed like an obvious choice, but I think they are investing in Max so Daniel would not be the clear number one, and could end up as number two. Plus uncertainty over the Honda engine. The way 5hings are at the minute, a full manufacture team seems the only way to succeed. No point in looking at Ferrari as they are 100% behind Vettel. Likewise Merc and Hamilton. He could maybe have gone to McLaren if Fernando leaves, but that team just seems to be stuck in a rut. Now Mc are fully fledged car manufacturer they need to be building their own engines. And maybe Alonso is staying put there. At least at Renault he is in a full factory team with a good track record and he should be quicker than Hulkenburg. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #721396 4th Aug 2018 11:44am
L110CDL

England 
^^^ spot on Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #721862 6th Aug 2018 10:35pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Bluest wrote:
I hope it works out for him, I don’t think he had a lot of options. Staying at Red Bull might have seemed like an obvious choice, but I think they are investing in Max so Daniel would not be the clear number one, and could end up as number two. Plus uncertainty over the Honda engine. The way 5hings are at the minute, a full manufacture team seems the only way to succeed. No point in looking at Ferrari as they are 100% behind Vettel. Likewise Merc and Hamilton. He could maybe have gone to McLaren if Fernando leaves, but that team just seems to be stuck in a rut. Now Mc are fully fledged car manufacturer they need to be building their own engines. And maybe Alonso is staying put there. At least at Renault he is in a full factory team with a good track record and he should be quicker than Hulkenburg.

Is that Max Chilton? His brother Tom racers in the BTCC Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #724358 20th Aug 2018 1:43pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Max Chilton's chance in F1 has been and gone . 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #724371 20th Aug 2018 2:41pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Procta wrote:
Bluest wrote:
I hope it works out for him, I don’t think he had a lot of options. Staying at Red Bull might have seemed like an obvious choice, but I think they are investing in Max so Daniel would not be the clear number one, and could end up as number two. Plus uncertainty over the Honda engine. The way 5hings are at the minute, a full manufacture team seems the only way to succeed. No point in looking at Ferrari as they are 100% behind Vettel. Likewise Merc and Hamilton. He could maybe have gone to McLaren if Fernando leaves, but that team just seems to be stuck in a rut. Now Mc are fully fledged car manufacturer they need to be building their own engines. And maybe Alonso is staying put there. At least at Renault he is in a full factory team with a good track record and he should be quicker than Hulkenburg.

Is that Max Chilton? His brother Tom racers in the BTCC

Verstappen Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #724376 20th Aug 2018 3:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1