Darcy Fairfax

England 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Sand gets everywhere
Post #720382 30th Jul 2018 6:36am
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
Transit on a shingle beach.... Rolling with laughter
Sums these people up nicely. Wink 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #720385 30th Jul 2018 7:10am
Siwynne

England 
I assisted in a recovery of a p38 Range Rover in the early 2000,s from under southport pier. It was waist deep in blue billy. (Stinking blue mud). In a last ditch attempt we hitched up the DUKW winch and engaged gear. It just ripped most of the front off and the back didn’t even move. Uninsured as it is past the high water mark. Similar with above I presume
Post #720391 30th Jul 2018 7:58am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
No great loss, it looks pretty horrible with the red trim and heavy tints.... It reminds me of the wise words from the LR experience chap ‘it says Land Rover on the front, not boat or tank’. Fair one.
Post #720403 30th Jul 2018 9:04am
m3vert

Scotland 2011 Defender 110 2.5 TD PU Stornoway Grey
The full video is even more painful to watch, try and find it, its about 10mins long! Watching the guy trying to fix the tow line to the RR and almost getting pushed under it then the ratchet strap that's attached to the X5 snap when he tries to pull out the transit and watching the guy step over the top of the tensioned winch line makes you wonder how no one was seriously injured or worse!! Bear in mind I believe the car was lost the previous night, I have no idea why they didn't just call out the proper tow company in the first place? There was no saving the car and in truth looking at the nick of it, the sea probably done it some favors!
Post #720427 30th Jul 2018 11:26am
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
^^that

If you have a look at the MOT history of it over the last few years it's done around 1k miles per year. I think last year it did about 200! Wouldn't be surprised to hear it was some sort of an insurance job.

It did consistent fairly high mileages up to about 130k miles then looks like there was a change of owner to someone who used it as a paperweight for the last few years.
Post #720622 31st Jul 2018 9:32am
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
"My range rover is a go anywhere vehicle suitable for any real work" - said no one ever.

I don't honestly see any reason why all these hairdressers/Wags/Drug-dealers need/want them, I wouldn't be seen dead in one because they evoke the "i'm a ****ing ****er" image so much its embarrassing. (Mind you i wouldn't mind a Yellow P38 with nudge bar).

Has anyone noticed everything made by LR these days aside from the RRS looks like a freelander?
[/quote] I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #720627 31st Jul 2018 9:53am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
You *might* want to have a look at how many folk with Defenders also have a RR Rolling Eyes Not all of them come from Essex, pull jet-skis and get stuck....
Post #720634 31st Jul 2018 10:15am
Slideywindows

England 
I come from Essex, however I don't buy a 130,000 mile Range Rover and park it in the sea, nor do I own two un-taxed flatbed Transits with orange lights on the roof.

There are some people who do though..... Wink
Post #720649 31st Jul 2018 11:40am
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Found the RR owner Laughing

I Only know one defender owner round these parts who has an RR and its for his wife to drive...

Otherwise its girls who i went to school with who are typical Spoilt Essex girls and Wannabes.

Wouldn't be surprised if the bloke was from Essex, One of my neighbors is a man of "ill repute" and has an RR, jet skis and Boats, not very bright by my interaction. Neutral I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #720650 31st Jul 2018 11:43am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Huttopia wrote:
You *might* want to have a look at how many folk with Defenders also have a RR Rolling Eyes Not all of them come from Essex, pull jet-skis and get stuck....

I can say that coming from Essex myself. Laughing It was the red trim that gave it away.... I've got a P38, which is definitely the RR that Land Rover would rather forget Embarassed Touch wood it has been pretty good so far, just a few niggles to sort out as a result of lack of regular use. No sea water yet.
Post #720652 31st Jul 2018 11:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1