↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Lush create window display of anti police
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Projectblue

England 
Lush create window display of anti police
The soap retailer Lush has produced a window display attacking the methods of the old undercover animal activists squad.

SEE WINDOW HERE

Lush are fairly outspoken about animal rights, anti testing etc. Fair one. That's the ethos of their business, however to campaign using their high street presence about underhand Police tactics because they were targeted as being 'activists' is beyond what I personally believe is acceptable for a retailer.
What they seem to be saying is 'If you are going to break the law, it's really rotten of the cops to lie and pretend to be your friend, so that when you do something bad, they can grass you up to the state'. Which clearly needs to happen sometimes e.g. drug dealers/terrorists/animal activists etc. Rolling Eyes New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #710246 31st May 2018 11:48pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Trouble is, all the millenial snowflakes will see this and agree with it, stating that everyone deserves to be told that they're being watched/reported etc etc.and it's just plain unfair to be "persecuted" by the state... for doing something wrong!
Post #710263 1st Jun 2018 7:37am
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Is this Lush just trying to be cool with the kids again? Not sure about other's experience, but none of the teenagers I know are interested in Lush anymore.
Post #710279 1st Jun 2018 11:16am
trickster5000

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Arles Blue
I'm a 'millenial snowflake' and I've never heard of Lush until this post but I'm not really at all interested in posh soaps... or shopping in general for that matter! Rolling with laughter

For what it's worth - I fully support undercover police work to catch any sort of criminals! Especially thieving Defender scum but I don't suppose they catch many of them Matt.

'89 90 CSW with a 3.5 V8 conversion (WIP) - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic46809.html
Post #710282 1st Jun 2018 11:32am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I presume this display was aimed at the copper and tactics that got him fired for gross misconduct and the old bill in all kinds of legal trouble.
Probably not the right way of going about it but I guess they wanted to make a point and presumably the branding department must thought it worth doing.
Post #710290 1st Jun 2018 2:19pm
shropshiredefender

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Ignoring the rights and wrongs of the case the marketing dept. of Lush have got coverage on a Land Rover forum.

They must do a special Grumpy Old Git range Rolling with laughter
Post #710294 1st Jun 2018 3:44pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Yep.
The truth is some people love to be angry and outraged, and they bite so easily. Marketing folks know this and can manipulate them at will. By creating a story out of nothing they can improve publicity way beyond anything traditional advertising pounds can achieve for minimal cost.
Post #710299 1st Jun 2018 4:28pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
diesel_jim wrote:
Trouble is, all the millenial snowflakes will see this and agree with it, stating that everyone deserves to be told that they're being watched/reported etc etc.and it's just plain unfair to be "persecuted" by the state... for doing something wrong!

Your forgot to mention that those same Social Media obsessed millenials are more than happy to tell anyone when they're (in their opinion) wrong and shop them to the politically correct police, on any issues and agendas they feel strongly about, and often in borderline illegal postings and on-line attacks. Ironically they feel hard done by when their activities, on-line and elsewhere are brought to the attention of the real police and they find themselves shopped. Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #710301 1st Jun 2018 4:38pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
A poor taste display, but amazing publicity? It's not anti-Police, apparently. Just as well we didn't see their Copper bashing shop front from last week then?

The last time I walked past one of their shops, the smell from the open door knocked me backwards.
Post #710311 1st Jun 2018 5:35pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I'd rather be pepper sprayed than inhale Lush fumes! 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #710314 1st Jun 2018 5:40pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Well it sure does make your eyes water when you walk past
Post #710315 1st Jun 2018 5:53pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Rashers wrote:
A poor taste display, but amazing publicity? It's not anti-Police, apparently. Just as well we didn't see their Copper bashing shop front from last week then?

The last time I walked past one of their shops, the smell from the open door knocked me backwards.

Unfortunately those of us who live in the Poole area have to put up with this smell all the time, the whole area reeks of Lush. In my mind it is a form of air pollution, and I bet if it was hydrogen sulphide or similar they'd be forced to contain it, however because it is "perfume" it is apparently ok.

Lush may be the biggest employer in the area after Sunseeker and the RNLI, but the stench is awful.
Post #710316 1st Jun 2018 6:02pm
Slideywindows

England 
shropshiredefender wrote:
Ignoring the rights and wrongs of the case the marketing dept. of Lush have got coverage on a Land Rover forum.

Yes, but it is negative coverage.

I'd never heard of them.

Now I have, and will avoid them.
Post #710374 1st Jun 2018 10:33pm
jrule

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Ummm and who will they call when someone throws a brick through their window
Post #710387 1st Jun 2018 11:34pm
RoddyK05

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Yellow
People might want to moan about the Police, but where would we be without them? Just today (Friday) two local PCs were stabbed dealing with an incident. The female got it in the arm, the lad in the neck. Both seriously injured, but thankfully not thought to be life threatening. Apparently dealing with a mental health job that turned bad, doing their own job to try and help a member of the public and this is the risks they face. Yet, I’m sure even after this incident their colleagues in Police Scotland and forces all over the UK will continue to turn up at similar jobs and try to help people who are in need.
Hats off to the boys and girls in blue, like them or loath them they are here to help keep us safe and literally put their lives on the line.
Post #710390 2nd Jun 2018 12:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>