↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Cheapy EBay Viofo Dashcam Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Cheapy EBay Viofo Dashcam Thread
Having been so happy with my cheap eBay TKStar Tracker, I thought I would again dip into the murky waters of cheap Chinese electronics. I’ve bagged a Viofo A119s Dashcam in an auction for about £60. You get them Buy It Now for about £10 more. I went for this model as I have seen good reviews on line, it has a capacitor rather than a battery, and the design looks like it will hide away quite neatly by the rear view mirror. I’ve gone for the “S” model for the slightly better low light performance at expense of a few pixels. Not got the GPS option as I don’t think it’s really needed. It’s easy enough to add later by changing the mount.

This the one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=ht...3055803919

A review of the almost identical non “s” model

Should arrive next week some time, so will update then. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #709166 25th May 2018 6:46pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Well, this thing finally turned up after the UK seller took an age to post it. On arrival it wasn't working, every time I powered it up it froze at the boot screen and wouldn't proceed. Not a good start. After a bit of googling, this seems to be a common problem that requires a firmware update. It also involved a bit of mucking around with formatting various memory cards until i found one that worked. Evidently, a 32gb card, formatted fat32 is what it likes.

After all that rigmarole, it finally burst into life. Turns out that i actually got a GPS base with it, which wasn't mentioned in the ad, which is a bonus. It came with two non-GPS mounts as well, various USB cables, adhesive cable clips and a 12v to USB cigar plug thingy. I also bought separately.a cheap hard wire kit so i can have it neatly installed. If there is any interest, I'll update again after I'ver used it for a few weeks.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #711176 6th Jun 2018 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1