Home > Puma (Tdci) > Oil & Clutch Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
churchy

2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Oil & Clutch Advice
Hi all,

Service required - ordered bosch service kit from advanced factors so that's taken care of.

Oil - everyone will have their preferred and its got comma in it currently but what would be your choice from opie oils as that is where it'll be ordered from?

Clutch - rattling at idle apart from the usual when you depress the clutch and juddering from standstill in reverse and 1st. She's done 186k on the original clutch so I guess I cannot complain - clutchfix the way forward? I've got a long euro road trip in the pipeline this summer so rather bite the bullet now and get it done before I go.

Thanks all
Post #708966 24th May 2018 6:51pm
shropshiredefender

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Just back from 3,500 mile euro trip, the first since fitting a Clutch Fix clutch. Found it much easier on the left knee as it seems lighter than the original. Thumbs Up
Post #708988 24th May 2018 8:45pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Assuming it’s a Puma, Opie recomended the Motul Specific 913D 5w30. That’s what I always use. Full synth from a good oil company. Not the cheapest though. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #708991 24th May 2018 8:55pm
NickMc

Northern Ireland 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Local independent motor factor is where I go to support local business! Just watch out for the supermarket deals as theirs are only 4 litres and everyone else is 5L! Nothing wrong with Comma X-tech 5/30 it’s what most of the trade use.
Post #709013 24th May 2018 10:15pm
zsd-puma

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I just use the Comma X-tech. It meets the Ford specs. (Actually I use comma products for everything)

NickMc I go a step further, Comma make/blend their oils not far from me, so I’m supporting a local business Laughing
Post #709043 24th May 2018 11:07pm
NickMc

Northern Ireland 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
I think it’s sad that so many independent parts places are disappearing with GSF and especially Eurocar crap flooding the market with cheap junk and poor service- Britpart of the car world Laughing Even got caught selling counterfeit LUK clutches Shocked

I’ve been using comma oil for as long as I remember and never had a problem with it Thumbs Up Sometimes I think oil is a bit like designer labels for people. Granville oil however, no thank you Whistle Millers Oil is good, but don’t find it as competitive on price.

If you’re going to service your own regularly look into asking your local factors for deals on 20/25L drums?!

Oh and as far a standard clutches and components go LUK is the brand off the shelf I tend to use, especially on my own cars, but the spigot roller bearing of youre doing te clutch too as the rollers always seem to fall out of them.
Post #709048 24th May 2018 11:59pm
zsd-puma

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Quote:
She's done 186k on the original clutch so I guess I cannot complain - clutchfix the way forward

Or just get another genuine clutch. I mean how many more miles do you want out of a clutch? Laughing
Post #709052 25th May 2018 12:59am
churchy

2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Thanks all - was just canvasing opinion really - will go genuine on the clutch I think - never had to replace one on any of my vehicles so just testing the water!

Try to shop locally whenever possible but my nearest vehicle spares / parts shop is at least 30 mins drive away - someone wold make a killing if the set one up in my area! Sometimes online shopping is the only way.
Post #709070 25th May 2018 8:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1