↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Seat Back Foam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Seat Back Foam
After many months of leaning against metal, I’ve decided to treat myself to new foam for my front seat back(s); I imagine that all the “usual suspects” get them from the same manufacturer, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

Exmoor Trim’s front seat back foam at £42.26 is described as being for “TD4 Puma”, are they universal (my truck’s a 2011 with XS trim)? I can’t immediately see how the cloth/fake leather splits at the back to be taken off, so I might well leave it to my local indie to do the job.

But any recommendations as to sourcing the foam itself would be much appreciated. To replace a couple of missing reclining lever handles, MUC8754 seems about right but again though, the after-market cost appears more expensive than from a main dealer?

Peter
Post #701849 19th Apr 2018 1:59pm
300TDi CSW Phil

United Kingdom 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
I am going to make a rash unfounded assumption here Embarassed

There is a join at the bottom of the seat back at the rear on the 300TDi seats which is formed of two plastic chanels that hook together to hold the bottom of the back of the seat together. When these are unhooked with the headrest removed you can peel the cover up to about the shoulder blade area. At this point there are some sewn in hooks or similar which pinch the front of the seat back cover to the foam. Remove these and keep peeling until voila you have an inside out seat back cover in your hand.

There are some youtube videos which show the process in quite good detail.

I bought new kits complete from Exmoor and the foams are standing up to life well. 1995 300 Tdi Epsom Green - It's a keeper.
Wide Track Sankey- In bits- Gone to a new home
M0XQS
Post #701857 19th Apr 2018 2:56pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
The cover is fastened a bit like an envelope along the bottom edge where it doesn't show, and slides upwards off the seat. It isn't hard to do.
Post #701859 19th Apr 2018 2:58pm
zsd-puma

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
You can actually remove the head rest then slide the whole cover and foam off in one go after undoing the bottom as others have mentioned..

The fiddly bit is that the cover is attached to the foam with hog rings. You can chuck these rings away and just use some very small cable ties - do the same job and much easier!

It's a little fiddly, but it's not especially difficult to do.
Post #701872 19th Apr 2018 4:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1