Home > Off Topic > Is this what is known as a speed camera hot spot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Is this what is known as a speed camera hot spot
Is this what is known as a speed camera hot spot Laughing

For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #700557 13th Apr 2018 2:32pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
A disgruntled motorist at work?

A friend of ours lives in a small rural village with a main road with a 30 mph speed limit on it. Mobile speed camera clocked 200+ cars exceeding 40mph in a 3 hour period and 3 cars doing 70mph in the 30mph zone recently!

Brendan
Post #700560 13th Apr 2018 2:57pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
A warning to anyone travelling to North Wales after the 24th April as North Wales police have been given permission to increase speeding fines so the amount people will have to pay when they get fined for speeding is to rocket.

Fines for motorists caught going above the speed limit will start from 150% of their weekly income up to a maximum of £1,000. Shocked

The Sentencing Council said the move to increase penalties aims to ensure there is a “clear increase in penalty' for those caught breaking the speed limit. It follows responses to a consultation arguing previous guidelines did not properly take into account the increase in potential harm that can result as speed above the limit rises.

As North Wales is one of Britains top places for both static and mobile speed cameras be warned. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #700566 13th Apr 2018 3:28pm
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Wales is also home to the ‘Evo Triangle’ and is a well known destination for motor journalists and sports car/bike enthusiasts; therefore, no surprises that they are targeting this area. I’d wager Scotland will be next.

I am not in favour of people driving like idiots on public roads BUT no matter how law enforcement and government dress this up, it is a money making exercise first and foremost.
Post #700568 13th Apr 2018 3:39pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
It's only money making if you allow it to be... your right foot controls that.

If you can't adjust it acordingly then expect your wallet to get lighter. simple as.

Doesn't really matter if it "saves lives" or is simply a money making excercise... if enough people are daft enough to keep speeding then they (the gov't) will continue to make revenue out of it.
Post #700677 13th Apr 2018 9:38pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Lots of static and mobile speed traps around Glos and Hereford yesterday.

No concern to me, always abide by the speed limits.
Providing of course they are not bent, defaced or turned upside down. Rolling Eyes Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #700678 13th Apr 2018 9:41pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Problem is we are getting silly with speed limits and the war to reduce them...all sorts of reasons this is badged as from safety to environmental and money making...however, its inappropriate use of speed thats the problem and just slapping a 30mph limit or 20 etc isnt the answer and is getting silly.

Does beg the question, with roads at 20 and roads that were 60 now 30...where are they going to go, more fines, monitoring all drivers, even slower limits.

Problem is, the more we dumb down speeds the more drivers cant take the speeds and standards slip.

Personally - i think, better driver training. Design roads and systems better to enable higher speeds. Only drop speed limits in key areas with real needs - look at other options if there are specific local issues and educate other users to also respect that cars are dangerous. Mike
Post #701383 16th Apr 2018 9:42pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
MSE - I agree with you entirely.

Speed limits are the easy answer and panacea to other issues. Drivers now realise that many limits are entirely unnecessary and inappropriate and therefore tend to treat all speed limits as such. Fewer people would speed if the limit was clearly appropriate.

It is hard to avoid the conclusion that in some places speed limits (as well as other "traffic calming" measures and "traffic management" schemes) are being intentionally tailored to make driving unpleasant and frustrating with the deliberate intention to encourage people not to drive.

I think eventually someone will have the bright idea that a person with a red flag should walk in front of every vehicle and we will come full circle.
Post #701473 17th Apr 2018 11:54am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I did think when will a reg flag be required...or audible warning a car is approaching!

Maybe they could also invest in making junctions free-flowing Mike
Post #701619 17th Apr 2018 11:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1