↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > few mods today...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TOP5N

United Kingdom 
few mods today...
So, today i decided to fit my BAS intercooler, pipercross air filter and twisted exhaust system. Well, i can see what everyone is on about with the difficulty with regards to the air box.. i was literally walking around with my head in my hands for a good 30 mins on removal and re-fitting. I did trim the location lugs down on the side which made it a fair bit easier going back in, but still really awkward. Getting the new hoses on was a near impossibility too. Over all a very stressful day lol. Once i got the air box back in, i noticed a loose long silver piece of metal coming up between the air box and the plastic shield for the fan... i didn't notice it at all when i was routing the intercooler hose to the turbo, or when fitting the air box, but there was no way i was taking the air box back out to either investigate what it was or tighten it up.. but it has bugged the hell out of me as i now have some kind of loose piece of metal up the side of the air box Rolling Eyes Exhaust went on well. I had to cut the back box off just behind the 3 bolts as they were pretty rusted on and rounding off. The centre box unbolted lovely. New exhaust fitted very easy and fits really well. Difficult to see how it sounds yet until it soots up a bit. I have now loaded the 170 Map back on instead of the 150 now i have the intercooler fitted. If anyone can suggest what the long silver piece of metal is poking up the side of my air box, it would be much apriciated.

Chris
Post #697460 31st Mar 2018 5:13pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Busy day Thumbs Up Thumbs Up What does the exhaust system sound like now? Better, louder...
Post #697494 31st Mar 2018 7:05pm
TOP5N

United Kingdom 
To be honest, i can’t really notice much difference yet... might change a bit more once it soots up. I removed the fan type thing from the air box, and put a pipercross panel filter in, so you can hear a bit more turbo whistle and induction noise
Post #697495 31st Mar 2018 7:21pm
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
Intercooler is a mod well worth doing Thumbs Up
Post #697497 31st Mar 2018 7:41pm
Butchers Boy

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
+1 for the intercooler it made a massive difference to my Puma with Alive remap Thumbs Up

Like to know more about the exhaust system you just fitted - any power gains noticeable at all. Most of all the sound once sooted up? I wouldn't want loud just a burple with the windows down would be nice but quiet on motorways... Thumbs Up 2010 Defender 90 HT

The longer I live..... The better I was!
Post #697550 31st Mar 2018 10:35pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Re: few mods today...
TOP5N wrote:
i noticed a loose long silver piece of metal coming up between the air box and the plastic shield for the fan... i didn't notice it at all when i was routing the intercooler hose to the turbo, or when fitting the air box, but there was no way i was taking the air box back out to either investigate what it was or tighten it up.. but it has bugged the hell out of me as i now have some kind of loose piece of metal up the side of the air box

Post a photo up...
Post #697595 1st Apr 2018 10:46am
TOP5N

United Kingdom 
It’s in a bit of an awkward place to take a photo.. it is pretty much exactly the side of a steel ruler that sticks up about 5 inches
Post #697617 1st Apr 2018 12:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1