Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Empire Tuning
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 
What Snow?!
Defender 2.2 2015

This one one of the last Defenders to leave Solihull. Its currently running a custom Hybrid turbo, larger intercooler, air filter with mods and a very modified exhaust system Wink oh and a truly bespoke remap to dial it all in.

When we were due to visit the customer we had a spelt of very heavy snow and although it was extremely picturesque it was also a little taxing! (AND VERY FUN!) But we still managed to bring the Empire Tuning​ to them!

Yes the one in the background is also running one of our remaps Very Happy

Drop us a message im sure we can help

#buildingtheempire #empiretuning #remap #td5 #boost #colchester #essex #suffolk #Extramile #livingthedream #lovewhatwedo

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #692472 10th Mar 2018 6:58pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I know you won’t want to give away any trade secrets or anything, but could you do a thread covering the process of developing a custom or off the shelf map? I’m interested in what is involved, parameters you can change, how you make sure it’s not going to damage anything etc etc. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #692486 10th Mar 2018 8:08pm
Empire Tuning
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 
The term "off the shelf" and "generic" get used alot and this is mainly down to how its been tuned. For example a remap from "we tune any car.com" wont of had time or the R&D put into it ensuring that each individual modification within the calibration is 1 achievable by the current hardware and two not have any long term effects eg pushing things beyond there safe working limit.

These type of tunes tend to be % based and modify things that "look" like torque limiters, injection quantity etc this is because they do not have the data or the knowledge of what they are working with and are basically guessing.

This was from a company that tunes 100's vehicles a day and NOT from any tuner in the Land Rover world. The vehicle had various issues relating to random area modifications which made the car do odd things

Click image to enlarge

Although these are torque maps they do not require modification as they are for when the vehicle is in limp home mode!

Unfortunately explaining exactly how i make my remaps wouldn't be good for business, BUT if your ever in my area then you are very welcome to pop in and i will gladly show what i do within the software and explain why and how etc
Post #692506 10th Mar 2018 8:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1