↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > BAS IID Tool with 170 BHP Remap and 2.2 Puma ECU - NFS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
BAS IID Tool with 170 BHP Remap and 2.2 Puma ECU - NFS
I bought this fantastic BAS remap for my 2015 2.2 TDCi Defender and it transformed the car.

It came as a package which included a replacement ECU so that you can keep your original ECU stock for warranty , the 170 BHP map, which is incredible and the BAS IID Tool which operates via bluetooth and your iphone to diagnose faults, reset service counters as well as loading the maps.

I have now sold my Defender and so have removed the remapped ECU and would like to get some cash back.

The full kit cost £834

Looking for £500 for the lot.

Last edited by Knoxy on 14th Nov 2017 4:05pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #664062 13th Nov 2017 9:51pm
camelman

United Kingdom 
I believe the remapped ecu is paired to the original chassis number meaning it can't just be transferred? Probably worth checking with BAS 
Post #664071 13th Nov 2017 10:07pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Interested but not sure how this would work. 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #664074 13th Nov 2017 10:14pm
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
Thanks I have a query into BAS to clarify.
Post #664075 13th Nov 2017 10:14pm
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
My thinking is that because the map is loaded to the dedicated ECU supplied by BAS and the IIDTool is paired to that ECU that it would work but I’ll defer to BAS’s guidance on this.

The ECU is very easy to change, only 3 plugs and a couple of bolts and you can swap ECUs without any issues.
Post #664079 13th Nov 2017 10:22pm
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Just for info and not wanting to upset anyone but...

The map and ECU will not work on a different car as it is VIN coded to the original vehicle and contains the injector codes etc etc for that vehicle.

For someone to use the BAS2 RRC tool (not IID as stated) it will require a new registration and re-map and this will cost £350 + VAT from Pete.

The 2nd ECU is slightly redundant now in that the process has moved on and is now full OBD without the need to split the ECU so unless someone wishes to have a second ECU that they can put on/take off for some reason it is not required.

So effectively you only have the secondhand BAS2 RRC for sale without a re-map and new the tool costs £250 + VAT from Pete without a re-map so maybe you need to revisit the pricing - sorry to be the bearer of bad news but on the plus side you have enjoyed the re-map for a couple of years Thumbs Up Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #664226 14th Nov 2017 3:33pm
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
Thanks for your input.

This correlates with the info I got from Pete. As such I’ll throw the bits in the back of the shed as its probably not worth the hassle to sell the tool only.

I agree, I did have the benefit of a truly fantastic upgrade..........for a while but I have previously and successfully used “Original Tuning Box” at Spa in Belgium to tune my Diesel cars, which retain some aftermarket value if you change the car. Whilst I cannot fault the BAS solution, in hindsight the external box solution would appear to be a more prudent aproach. However, at the time of purchase I did not intend to sell my Defender so happily paid £840 for the best solution but thanks to crapy service from the Main Dealer and JLR, as they say on Dragon’s Den; “I am out”.

I wont loose any sleep over it.
Post #664235 14th Nov 2017 4:01pm
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
From what I read on here the second hand BAS2 RRC are fetching about £150 which is not bad when added to a reduced price for a re-map from Pete at £350 + VAT (usually £495 + VAT but reduced by Pete to help the second hand market for the tool) so you could sell it fairly easily?

Or depending on what you do in the future you may (please don't bit my head off) purchase another Defender sometime Question but please remember back then Pete was giving away the ECU for free with the tool and re-map Exclamation

Also, up until the BAS2 RRC came along just over 2 years ago the only way to tune a Defender was to split the ECU and use the original when taking it back to LR for any work it needed which meant swapping ECU's each time and was a bit of a pain. The tool allowed you to take the re-map off/put it on within 2 mins or so at anytime using the split ECU.

Now the ECU can be re-mapped via the OBD port which is only natural progression I guess Thumbs Up

Did your Defender go back to LR Question Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #664265 14th Nov 2017 5:12pm
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
Duplicate Post

Last edited by Knoxy on 15th Nov 2017 2:18pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #664277 14th Nov 2017 5:40pm
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
Duplicate Post

Last edited by Knoxy on 15th Nov 2017 2:18pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #664276 14th Nov 2017 5:40pm
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
Hi Thanks for the info.

Ill give it some thought.

I cant see me buying another Defender as my own was my perfect spec. You can never say never though.

I’ll just have to make do with the Cayenne. I wont risk the wrath of the faithful by suggesting that unless you are seriously offroading most of the time, its a vastly superior machine in every measurable way.

Not sure I got a free ECU as I paid £840 for the kit I purchased which comprised the Maps, the tool and the ECU to allow stealthy swap out for warranty work and BAS excelent support of course.

My wallet at the time did not feel like it included a free anything let alone a free ECU?

I would like to say though that in 10K miles, with the remap fitted from new (at 500 miles), the car performed faultlessly. Not a trace of soot in the exhaust, not a whif of smoke, easier to drive smoothly and when removed the car felt as though the handbrake was stuck on.

If you are thinking about a BAS remap Just Do It.
Post #664275 14th Nov 2017 5:40pm
walfy

Why not locate the new owner of your Defender and offer it to them? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #664404 14th Nov 2017 11:17pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Knoxy wrote:

I’ll just have to make do with the Cayenne. I wont risk the wrath of the faithful by suggesting that unless you are seriously offroading most of the time, its a vastly superior machine in every measurable way.

So you have 3 Porsches in your garage but when the Defender was off the road for 2 days you were stuffed because Land Rover couldn't provide you with a courtesy car.

Therefore: 1 Defender = >3 Porsches...
Post #664557 15th Nov 2017 6:15pm
Knoxy

United Kingdom 
My wife runs the Cayenne, the 912 is concours and the value has jumped higher than long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs and I dont run the Cayman in Censored weather or when the salt goes down as it did when the Defender developed the fault, so yes, I did expect after spending almost 30K on a new Defender that when it was unusable for 8 days due to a fault that they would provide a car. Call me unreasonable!

By comparison, the Cayenne was bought from the Official Porsche Centre in Glasgow at 3 years old. 2 weeks after purchase we called into the dealer unannounced on a Saturday morning and mentioned that there was a bit of wind noise from the drivers door. They put my wife in a new Macan courtesy car there and then and kept her car until it was repaired 3 days later when they delivered the car the 35 miles back to her.

If your happy to think that a Defender = 3 Porsches, Im happy to let you. Rolling with laughter Nurse!

Last edited by Knoxy on 15th Nov 2017 6:36pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #664563 15th Nov 2017 6:29pm
alwoodley72

England 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Alaska White
^^^ Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Cheers alex 98 300 tdi 90 project
94 Range Rover vogue 4.2 lse
79 911 sc
08 130 double cab utility
Post #664568 15th Nov 2017 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>