↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Site News & Feedback > Thank you
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
grafty99

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
Thank you
With the recent situation on the forum I thought I'd like to say thank you to Martin for doing his best to deal with the situation Bow down (although I am fortunate enough to not have been caught out - I do feel for those involved, it's such a shame that people's trust can be betrayed like that Evil or Very Mad )

And also thank you to dorsetsmith for the speedy transaction for my headlight adjuster motor Thumbs Up the vast, vast majority of folks on the forum are genuine but it is always the few that spoil it for the many. 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #663307 11th Nov 2017 1:06am
RockJaw

United States 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
Agreed
As one of the victims I could not agree more with grafty99!

Martin does a fabulous job for all of us and I somehow doubt Martin ever really receives full recognition or remuneration for his efforts - so the least I can do is send another donation to the site as a token of my confidence in Martin, in this forum and in the great group of enthusiasts the site has attracted from all over the world.

Three cheers to Martin!

Trust between forum members should not be betrayed nor should we deprive ourselves the trust we all deserve as forum members because those thieves who did this do not deserve that much credit.

Donation sent ****CENSORED****
Post #663318 11th Nov 2017 3:11am
nitram17

Re: Thank you
grafty99 wrote:
With the recent situation on the forum I thought I'd like to say thank you to Martin for doing his best to deal with the situation Bow down (although I am fortunate enough to not have been caught out - I do feel for those involved, it's such a shame that people's trust can be betrayed like that Evil or Very Mad )

And also thank you to dorsetsmith for the speedy transaction for my headlight adjuster motor Thumbs Up the vast, vast majority of folks on the forum are genuine but it is always the few that spoil it for the many.

knowledge is power!...what have i missed?do we have a fraud in our group?
Post #663319 11th Nov 2017 3:24am
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Hi I'll second that grafty99,Martin runs a fantastic forum with a huge amount of knowledgable members who are always willing to give advice,long may this continue,thank you Martin Thumbs Up cheers Paul
Post #663325 11th Nov 2017 7:20am
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Well said, thanks Martin Thumbs Up This is still a great forum, with the vast majority of members great. Just need to learn from this experience to try prevent it happening again. James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #663327 11th Nov 2017 7:30am
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
Yes, well done Martin,
I've bought items off forum members and everything has been ok.
It's a shame that people come on here with the intention of conning fellow members Evil or Very Mad
Post #663339 11th Nov 2017 8:47am
Matt90

United Kingdom 1990 Defender 90 2.5 TD HT Bronze Green
The site is a fantastic place to loose yourself to landrover related stuff between tinkering with the actual thing,
I’ve been following the threads associated with the items sold on here and feel for the people involved, I too was taken in by a scammer on a mountain bike forum for £500 a while back and am now very wary about buying things online. I did wonder if it would be possible to add a sellers feedback type thing on useres profile page so it might give people a bit more confidence and background of people before sending payments?
Post #663359 11th Nov 2017 9:46am
steve E

Wales 
I've also bought and sold on Martins great forum and always felt that any transaction on here is a safe one.
You'll always get a bad apple appear at some point.
Post #663361 11th Nov 2017 9:47am
dorsetsmith

Re: Thank you
grafty99 wrote:

And also thank you to dorsetsmith for the speedy transaction for my headlight adjuster motor Thumbs Up the vast, vast majority of folks on the forum are genuine but it is always the few that spoil it for the many.

thank for feed back one more arrived Thumbs Up
Post #663367 11th Nov 2017 10:01am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Hear hear!

This is an excellent forum and Martin does an excellent job.

I only discovered the recent scam this morning and my immediate reaction was both anger and upset for those fellow members who have been caught up in it.

I have very recently been caught up in a fraud (completely unrelated to this forum or Land Rovers) and the stress and anxiety is significant. There must be something in the air - and it's toxic.

Fortunately for me, or maybe it is just luck, I wasn't scammed by the forum member, however I am genuinely upset for those who were. I wish there was more we could do - although Martin is certainly doing a great deal already.

I have bought and sold via this forum and each and every occasion has been overwhelmingly positive - we are a good bunch!

Like many of you, I hope that justice will be done - whatever that may look like.

Will

PS and continuing the Dorsetsmith appreciation theme - great bloke, providing so much direct and indirect support - exactly what this forum is about!
Post #663370 11th Nov 2017 10:22am
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
I'd just like to say the same as many above. This forum is normally a great place, full of helpful advice from genuine people.
I too have bought and sold with only good experience.
Really feel for the people that have been affected.

I hope Martin isn't getting stressed by things and taking it personally.
Post #663373 11th Nov 2017 10:50am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Thanks for all the kind words. Unfortunately it's a bit tricky not to take it personally at the moment Evil or Very Mad  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #663374 11th Nov 2017 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Oakseywick

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
Try not to take it personally Martin you do such a great job running this forum and I am very greatfull to you for doing so as I have learnt so much and met many great people. I have alway has a great experience buying and selling on here from my fellow member and hope this continues. Unfortunately we were targeted by a well planned person or group and many were caught out. Let's all learn from this and continue this great forum going forward.

Thumbs Up Very Happy
Post #663380 11th Nov 2017 11:04am
HK07

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Cairns Blue
Hk07
+1 for Martin.

I have bought many items from def2.net members and always had no problems whatsoever.

Also i have received so much advice from here when certain things have stumped me on my rebuild.

Fortunately this character had nothing for me so i never had the misfortune of trying to deal with him - just luck.

I hope to hear that the authorities deal with him according, although i doubt that will happen.

Good luck to all, i hope you can atleast get your money back.

I will continue to buy on here, although any ideas to minimise risk can only be a good thing.

HK07 2007 90 Puma - Love it - Best car I have ever owned.

1989 Ninety 200tdi - Love it - Second best car I have ever owned.

1951 80" Series 1 - Love it - Third best car I have ever owned.
Post #663394 11th Nov 2017 11:44am
Balvaig

Scotland 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Landmark LE Corris Grey
Please don't take it personally Martin. You have a great site with supportive members. I have had nothing but help, and no problems when I have bought from the site.
Just keep on doing what you do best - if you need a contribution to improve your control of the site, just let me know. Very Happy
Post #663399 11th Nov 2017 11:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>