↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Great companies
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Thon

United Kingdom 
Osprey backpacks - after buying 2 new ones, the arrival of our baby daughter meant a baby carrier was on the cards - bought a 2nd hand one but it lacked the rain cover, which was obsolete. One email later they had modified a new one to fit and dispatched it to me at no extra cost.

All that, and their backpacks are brilliant!
Post #663826 12th Nov 2017 8:37pm
Rewired

United Kingdom 
Oh, I have an Amazon story too.
I ordered two items which made the posting fees free, they only sent me one of the items after waiting a week.
When I phoned them and mailed to ask for the other item, they told me it is fresh out and I have to order it again which I will end up paying the postage fees.
Amazon is one of the worst companies when it comes to helping its customers, after that day I never bought anything from them and I never will.
Post #664426 15th Nov 2017 8:24am
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
I call it 'Amazon Currently Unavailable', because almost everything I click on after Googling it and finding an Amazon link is..."Currently Unavailable". Amazon don't take the pages down after an item has ended its sale volume. They do this in order to be able to link you to something similar. But it also has the effect of making you think that everything they sell is here today, but gone tomorrow. This is no good for small businesses like mine when you're trying to secure a supply of something. If we offer something to our customers, I want to reassure them that they'll still be able to buy new ones in 10 years from now. We can only be sure of that if we have it made ourselves...which requires investment. I often wish that I had never gone into business, and just lived out a life on a farm somewhere. What do you say, Lambert? Now left.
Post #664434 15th Nov 2017 8:55am
meeerrrk

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Great Company : PURE
Splashed out on a rather nice DAB radio for the house, and was delighted with the quality. Unfortunately, after ~2yrs the screen failed. Although the radio still functioned, it was pretty useless without the screen.

I’m a bit of a throw away kind of person, but I was so fond of the radio, I emailed Pure to ask about a repair service. A very good online help system, easy returns service and to my amazement, within a week a replacement (most likely refurbished) radio turned up - completely free of charge! They even paypal returned the original postage costs.

Jump forward 6 months, I was very disappointed that the replacement then failed in the same way – strange I thought, and it seems Pure agreed with me – as a result they offered a totally new Pure radio, an upgraded model FOC.

Fantastic service and nice quality products. My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #664437 15th Nov 2017 9:09am
Kit

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Scotia Grey
Now that is good customer service meeerrrk Thumbs Up 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #664471 15th Nov 2017 10:59am
jimmythomson

United Kingdom 
Le Creuset. I have quite a few of their cast iron pans. One had a crack in the top, and another had some of the enamel scraped off. Although I admitted to them in an email that I was probably the one that caused the damage, they still sent me top of the range replacements at no cost. Even sending them my old pans was done via a freepost address, so didn't cost me a thing. Very impressed.

Jimmy.
Post #664485 15th Nov 2017 11:30am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Funny I've had the opposite response from Pure about two failed radios (one DAB totally failed, one internet radio failed screen). Not offered a repair service or spare parts, just a miserly discount on a refurb unit.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #664521 15th Nov 2017 1:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
meeerrrk

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
strange Martin ! My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #664537 15th Nov 2017 3:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12