↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > You call THAT a V8?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Zed's bang on. When you start paying 8.50€ for a Hot Chocolate in Wilmslow, then you're getting close. Also, the tans in Megeve are real, usually from the back of a yacht or the terrace of a villa near Cannes, the fur is real and their holiday home is worth 15m€, not just their main house in Paris or Geneva, or a footballer's new-build. And likely as not, they won't know what football is, let alone a WAG (they'll be married to a Rothschild if old money, Branson if newer), but will understand the meaning of 'Hedge Fund'. Very chic, very wealthy, very old money, and an absolutely closed set. You don't get invited if all you have to offer is cash. Contacts and 'who you know' is more important than mere wealth, that's all very brash. Very pretty town if you can handle the prices, packed full of uber-expensive chalets and cars, and as Zed says, nearly all black. Peek through the window and you'll see a blonde in fur and her husband will have swept back hair, and be wearing a gilet. The flash motors are for the new money trying to break in. But don't despair Greeni, they do love a Def, I've had offers on mine, so come down and 'flaunt it'. Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #660877 31st Oct 2017 12:22pm
Projectblue

England 
Oh. My. Word. That is astonishing.
I owned a V8 Mustang (new one) and that noise would make it run for cover.
I currently own an RS4, which is amazing. But it pales into mediocre next to that. Big Cry New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #661526 2nd Nov 2017 10:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12