↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My 110 MILLIE.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 18 of 62 <123 ... 171819 ... 606162>
Print this entire topic · 
L110CDL

England 
Thank you all for being so kind to me Very Happy

I thought it would make Procta's day Laughing 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #732792 3rd Oct 2018 8:20pm
L110CDL

England 
LandRoverAnorak wrote:
Oh on, Clayton, what have you done! Shocked You're only a short step away from a KBXYZ grill and quilted alcantera headlining Rolling with laughter

I know LRA but i think that the landy gods were against me on this one Laughing but just to reassure you that i will never be going down the KBXYZ grill and quilted alcantera headlining route Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #732793 3rd Oct 2018 8:24pm
L110CDL

England 
Ever since i put my ipod classic holder in, i had to do away with my fone holder as it was in the way and iv'e put my fone on the middle seat ever since, so as luck would have it, a Brodit fone holder came up for sale on here, as what the ipod classic is attached to, so i got it quick, love these holders Wink

So after lots of days wondering where to fix it to, i finally made my mind up where it was going to go, so i had to modify a bit here and there and all was good, so .........

Before .......

Click image to enlarge

Part of the fone holder screwed and glued on ..............

Yes OCD played a part in this Wink

Click image to enlarge

The other part of the fone holder attached ..................

Click image to enlarge

The final outcome .......................

Click image to enlarge

I'm well chuffed with the final outcome Mr. Green 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #732821 3rd Oct 2018 9:32pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
how the hell did you get your CD radio to sit flush in the pod? mine sticks out nearly an inch! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #732996 4th Oct 2018 9:40pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Nicely done, Clayton Thumbs Up

If only the same could be said of Apple. I am still mourning the death of the iPod Classic. I don't stream whilst on the go and nothing has really replaced the capacity of a Classic. Mine throws a hissy fit every now and then and I am dreading the day it fails.
Post #733017 5th Oct 2018 12:12am
HK07

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Cairns Blue
Wow, there's a lot going on in there. 2007 90 Puma - Love it - Best car I have ever owned.

1989 Ninety 200tdi - Love it - Second best car I have ever owned.

1951 80" Series 1 - Love it - Third best car I have ever owned.
Post #733023 5th Oct 2018 5:39am
Rkcorry

Tunnel cover looking good Clayton.

Do you dim the cabin lights during take off and landing..... Shocked
Post #733042 5th Oct 2018 8:44am
L110CDL

England 
^^^ Thanks but the you can't see the crack/tare in it that is gradually getting longer Rolling Eyes

As for take off, i wish Laughing and HK07, it looks busy but it's not really Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #733871 9th Oct 2018 7:46pm
L110CDL

England 
Rashers wrote:
Nicely done, Clayton Thumbs Up

If only the same could be said of Apple. I am still mourning the death of the iPod Classic. I don't stream whilst on the go and nothing has really replaced the capacity of a Classic. Mine throws a hissy fit every now and then and I am dreading the day it fails.

I know what you mean Rashers but mine did throw a hissy fit but all is ok for now, but i did look on the internet and there are a few new one for sale here and there Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #733874 9th Oct 2018 7:49pm
L110CDL

England 
Procta wrote:
how the hell did you get your CD radio to sit flush in the pod? mine sticks out nearly an inch!

It's all to do with the wires Procta Wink firstly get rid off all the unnecessary wires that the owner's have added then where the panel is for the cigarette/ wiper wash is, un-screw that and you should have 2 holes for them, then cut the metal out between them, don't forget to file the rough edge's of as you don't want to cut your self, then as you put the CD unit in, you can pull the wires with your hand into there and then it will fit flush like mine Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #733876 9th Oct 2018 7:56pm
L110CDL

England 
As i keep an eye out on my header tank water level, i noticed a drip of water had appeared on the outside Rolling Eyes so i wiped it of and thought i must of spilt some when pouring some water into it.
So about a week later i checked it again just to make sure and the water level and the water was no where to be seen Shocked so i had a good look and found this ..................

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Shocked

So i topped it up again and then i rang Allisport the next day a work and spoke to a very helpful lady, i had to send her a couple of pic's of the problem, then a few days later i had an email back saying they need an address to send a couple replacements to, so sent the email back with the info in and a couple days later they were at home when i got home from work, so on Saturday afternoon, the weather was better, not raining anymore Very Happy i set about changing the item over, so unscrewed the cover and the bit of perspex was like this ...........................

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Shocked Rolling Eyes

Looks as if i had caught it just in time, so cleaned up all the area's and put the new one in .................

Click image to enlarge

So after a week now there has been no drop in water level, so all is good Very Happy

I can't fault the after service from Allisport in any way, spot on and well happy with them Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #733886 9th Oct 2018 8:16pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
L110CDL wrote:
Procta wrote:
how the hell did you get your CD radio to sit flush in the pod? mine sticks out nearly an inch!

It's all to do with the wires Procta Wink firstly get rid off all the unnecessary wires that the owner's have added then where the panel is for the cigarette/ wiper wash is, un-screw that and you should have 2 holes for them, then cut the metal out between them, don't forget to file the rough edge's of as you don't want to cut your self, then as you put the CD unit in, you can pull the wires with your hand into there and then it will fit flush like mine Very Happy

Mine hasn't had that treatment of people fannying on with wiring, In fact mine is about as untouched as you can get in that aspect. Smile I did look at others and that was the last thing I wanted to do is mess about with some elses handy work. I had enough of that with the metro. I may need to move the ISO connectors further down I think or feed the wires back through as you say. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #733905 9th Oct 2018 8:46pm
L110CDL

England 
^^^ Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #733933 9th Oct 2018 9:41pm
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
I like the expansion tank... I could be tempted ........ Thumbs Up
You have some gadgetry going on in that cab.. all neatly done Thumbs Up 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #733960 10th Oct 2018 12:22am
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Ditto, liking the header tank, but wonder why they didnt go with something like toughened glass for the viewing window? 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #734015 10th Oct 2018 1:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 18 of 62 <123 ... 171819 ... 606162>