Home > Events > Maldon Motor Show 'Classics on the Promenade' 1/7/18
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
seriesonenut

United Kingdom 
Maldon Motor Show 'Classics on the Promenade' 1/7/18
Calling Land Rover owners!

My brother and I are trying to organise a show within a show to celebrate '70 years of Land Rover' at the Maldon Motor Show. "Classics on the Promenade" on Sunday 1st July 2018. This show is one of the biggest one day free car shows in Southern England and last year attracted over 1,600 vintage, classic and custom cars as well as commercials and military vehicles.

We are hoping to assemble a good spread of Land Rovers that represent the marque over the full 70 years. We have a few series Land Rovers and an early 110 CSW and a 110 Utility Station Wagon, we would love a few more series or 90/110/127(130) and Defender to join us. Owners of military vehicles including the 101 & Airportable are especially welcome.

The Maldon Motor Show takes place on the Promenade Park adjacent to the River Blackwater very near to the historic Hythe Quay. This is home to some of the last remaining Thames Barges and is within walking distance of the town centre. We have been allocated parking around the ornamental lake adjacent to the sea wall, it really is a lovely setting with lots to do to keep the family entertained.

This event is organised by the Chelmer Valley Car Meet and although we have no links to that organisation we have been set the challenge of assembling a fleet of Land Rovers. Please put the date in your diary, and get in touch if you would like your vehicle to be one of those on display at the show. Entry is free to Land Rover owners on the stand.

Please contact me first and I will send you more information and a link to the entry form.

Richard Holmes

Click image to enlarge
pp3 by Richard Holmes, on Flickr

Click image to enlarge
pp2 by Richard Holmes, on Flickr

pp1 by Richard Holmes, on Flickr 2010 XS USW
1957 Series One 88 diesel
1958 Series One 88 4x2
Post #669612 7th Dec 2017 9:38pm
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
That looks like a good get together in a nice location!
I prefer this sort of show now, rather than the big expensive ones Thumbs Up 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #669615 7th Dec 2017 9:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1