↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Has the European view of British people changed?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Our (also non-EU) view of the UK has not changed at all. You still remain an abundantly tattood group of people who are keen on defrauding Spanish hotels with falsified food poisoning claims. Whistle You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #650233 14th Sep 2017 9:47am
miker

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Rioja Red
Quite a few Germans who I've worked with are upset that we left , mostly because we were a powerful industrial ally to them within the EU
Post #650272 14th Sep 2017 12:56pm
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
tookaphotoof wrote:
proloFôret, you just made my day. Amusing piece of writing. ☺️

+1 A passionate Brit who agrees with 90% of the sentiment... Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #650276 14th Sep 2017 1:19pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
ericvv wrote:
Our (also non-EU) view of the UK has not changed at all. You still remain an abundantly tattood group of people who are keen on defrauding Spanish hotels with falsified food poisoning claims. Whistle

Eric I can't tell if your joking with some of the comments you have started making about the British lately? I hope it's just joking and these aren't your true views of my fellow countrymen. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #650303 14th Sep 2017 3:56pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Post #650305 14th Sep 2017 4:07pm
BLACK LAB

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
David T wrote:
And mainland Europe want to form a Super-State with a super army to go with it, run by and consisting of French and German people who hate the English. What could possibly go wrong?

Click image to enlarge

What is the actual point in a French army ? Rolling with laughter 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
2018 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC
Post #650322 14th Sep 2017 5:05pm
David T

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
⬆️ That's exactly what King Harold said just before getting one in the lamps 🏹
Post #650329 14th Sep 2017 6:04pm
sharkey964

France 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
proloForêt wrote:
simon67 wrote:
Still they are cheese eating surrender monkeys

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide". The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate". The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.

I could just call you and idiot but there is not reason too because your post illustrates this fact.

I take your style to answer, only to illustrate your idoicy though:

Odd you'd mention military capability while your navy is borrowing the crappy beds on our aircraft carriers at the moment and that our carriers have runways long enough for our jets, the jets that places like India (the ones that own the "British" icon Land Rover, oh well at least India used to be British) keep buying over the UK ones.

Not sure what the point of the British to sacrifice so much in the world war you are nostalgic about when all you do now is retreat and surrender things like all your companies to the same states that own your national debt. I guess state ownership is not so evil in the UK as long as it is another state that owns them. Funny how the Arabic and Asian countries have worked out not only how to own everything British but to actually use the British tax payers money to do it by charging the UK interest on the national debt it owes. I think it is safe to assume when you are at a stage where you spend more on interest payments to forigne owned debt than you do on education or healthcare then you certainly have surrendered.

Still, at least you have all that cultural "enrichment" your politicians speak all the time about. You know, because the culture was so bland before it needed all the others to come and fill the jobs at the companies now owned by their original countries....

But now you have fighted against that by leaving the EU to change your immigration despite most of it coming from outside the EU. Clever.

I love my Defender you know, I would love for it to be British but it is American and the parts I put on now Indian. This seems to have happened by retreat. You decide, at least you still have Caterham to call British...oh, no you don't....sorry gone to another ex colony (without a fight).

Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up
I wish I could have writen that.

Marc
Post #650333 14th Sep 2017 6:09pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I'm beginning to think that starting this thread was not the wisest thing. Laughing 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #650342 14th Sep 2017 6:51pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
David T wrote:
And mainland Europe want to form a Super-State with a super army to go with it, run by and consisting of French and German people who hate the English. What could possibly go wrong?

I'd take anything the Torygraph says with a pinch of salt Wink
Post #650344 14th Sep 2017 7:07pm
David T

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
I posted that before the paper arrived and added the picture later. It would indeed be a fool who formed their opinions based upon a single newspaper article, as it would also be foolish to vote in an election or referendum after reading only one party's manifesto.
( I read The Guardian and Yorkshire Post too, nobody can say I'm biased 😉 )
Post #650377 14th Sep 2017 10:02pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
Interesting thread!

I have lots of friends in Europe, mainly Germany but also the Scandinavian states. The majority are somewhat jealous regarding Brexit, they don't like the EU and want to leave too, wishing they could have their own referendums. Oddly, it seems mainly to be British people I know foaming at the mouth about us leaving, which is kind of strange.

Personally I love Europe (the place) and the people, but not so much the EU, so I try my best to make a distinction between the two.

The only Europeans I know who are vehemently anti-EU are a German couple I know, they are very left wing leaning and seem to believe in big governments, lovely people but I can't say I agree with them. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #650535 15th Sep 2017 9:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lateralus

United States 
Many of us the United States were happy to see the British take more control back. Politicians here and in Europe seem hell bent on having social experiments with clashing cultures. Stories I hear out of Sweden and Germany are mind boggling with respect to crime. Stories I hear about threats from authorities in Britain if you speak out against certain things sound outlandish. Then I come here and no one is talking about it. It's either fiction or suppressed information or Europeans are too passive.
Post #650562 16th Sep 2017 6:26am
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
And Charlottesville was? Fake news? Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #650576 16th Sep 2017 8:37am
LoveTheMud

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
In a perfect world, there wouldn't be walls or even borders, just free movement, but that would require society to work collaboratively for the growth of all individuals rather than friends or corporations.

I don't think there was anyone who said the Eu was perfect, it was and is corrupt, with many back-handers and agreements that benefit the same companies and people with the control in the first place, but it was always better to be in the EU than not.

Whilst in Italy on my honeymoon earlier this year, everyone mentioned Brexit when we said we were British, and everyone of the Italian people we spoke to who mentioned it, of all ages, said they too want out. I was shocked that not a single person was against it, but it might have been the places we were going to. Certainly a lot of very wealthy Americans seemed to support the decision also.

In truth, I think Italy will watch carefully how well the negotiations between the EU & Britain go, and decide based on that. I still don't think any nation will leave in the next 5 years though, too short a timeframe.

To remove the corruption, the walls and the borders, which help the richest staying rich, you have to remove the tax system as we know it, as complication only allows the rich to abuse and the poor to be confused.
No personal tax up to £50k if you have assets over £1million, and if you have assets over £1million, then 50% tax rate on all income with no benefits and no allowances.

When they dropped the corporation tax, more tax was paid...despite everyone saying it would bring in less tax. Imagine that, lower tax rates, more personal money in circulation, more confidence, more business, more payment, more tax.

Rant over.....
Post #650582 16th Sep 2017 10:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>