↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > brake bleeding advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MalteseRover

Malta 
brake bleeding advice
Is the td5 brake system that difficult to bleed?

i have had the rear half shot blasted. and i am painting it. and don't wish to keep undoing and redoing the whole suspension just to drag it in and out of garage (rain season soon here Very Happy )

there seems to be only one line going back to the rear axle. and the 110 does not have an ABS installed just the servo. How likely is it that i end up with messing something with the brakes?

i am not in the mood of rebuilding pistons and calipers now and i am rather worried that if i open it up and bleed after a week or more i might damage seals. it has been sitting for quite a while now. nearly 2 months Sad and having a brake ordeal is the last thing that i need now..

joe
Post #647880 3rd Sep 2017 7:12am
lightning

United Kingdom 
I've had no trouble with the brakes on my Defenders. I use a Sealey pressure bleeding kit (around £60) which is a great piece of kit.
Just fill it with brake fluid, attach it to the master cylinder, pump it up to 20psi and open the bleed nipples in turn until all the air is out.

Although l've never tried refilling an empty system, l've only used it when replacing calipers and to change the fluid.
Post #648944 8th Sep 2017 8:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1