User Registered Confirmed

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
alfamale

United Kingdom 
Disklok & Steering Wheel Cover
Hi All

I'm a regular poster on the disco3.co.uk forum where there's been a lot of talk of vehicle security recently.

I therefore contacted Disklok and, with Martin's permission, can extend a group buy offer to defender2.net forum members on the Disklok (http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/shop/disklok/) and Disklok Steering Wheel Cover (http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/shop/steering-wheel-cover-for-disklok/).

The RRP for the Disklok is �124.99 but, with a minimum of 5 orders from the forum, they will offer it at �85.20. The optional Steering Wheel Cover group buy offer is �2.82 (RRP �4.99).

The Group Buy signup is for the Medium (39cm - 41.5cm dia.) and they are available in either Silver or Yellow. The Steering Wheel Cover is one size. Remember to check your steering wheel's diameter before signing up.

If you want further information or a different size Disklok, please leave a post below, but they are currently out of stock of the Large, with new stock arriving early November apparently.

Once you have signed up, please PM me your preferred delivery address so I can liaise with bigdave (forum member). Delivery is �15.00 per Disklok & Cover via UPS to all addresses in Mainland UK (exc. Highlands, Islands and parts of Cumbria). Deliveries take place Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 17:00.

Also, if anyone has any pics of these installed in their Defenders, please post them up. For anyone that's interested, Disklok features a case study on the Defender on its website:

Thumbs Up

Finally, here's a little more info on the Disklok:

Quote:
Disklok is the leading name in car, motorhome and light van vehicle security.

The all steel, full cover construction means the Disklok is tried and tested against potential thieves and is approved by Thatcham�s Security as a Category 3 product. This top selling steering wheel lock has won multiple industry awards year on year.

The unique design allows the steering wheel lock to rotate with the steering wheel if it is being tampered with, this helps to prevent damage to the steering wheel and column.

The Disklok is an excelent visible deterrent against vehicle break in it also prevents air bag theft and any tampering with electronics and electronic theft.

The award winning attributes of the Disklok steering wheel lock include; its high visibility to help discorage a break in, its reputation for durability should a break in occur and the time it takes for thieves and car security experts to break it � out performing the competition time and time again.

This steering wheel lock range is perfect for fitting to all cars, motor homes and light commercial vehicles within the three size options. Small (35 � 38.9 CM) Medium (39 � 41.5 CM) Large (41.5 � 44 CM)

Each Disklok has built in adjustment of 1 inch which allows you to find the perfect size for your steering wheel.

When fitted correctly, the Disklok should be loose enough to slide around on your wheel but not loose enough to lift off.

To determine the correct size of Disklok for your vehicle, you just need to measure the diameter of your steering wheel.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by alfamale on 8th Dec 2017 2:27pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #654615 3rd Oct 2017 5:07pm
bigdave

United Kingdom 
Cracking price that. Thumbs Up Shipping is my thing.
If we cant shift it, to anywhere, it cant be shifted!! md.couriers@virgin.net
Post #654793 4th Oct 2017 10:59am
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
My Issue would be where do you put it when you take it off?

I jump in my car, remove a 'fortress' bar from the steering wheel and it then clicks down the side of the seat where I have fitted maglite clips to keep it in place.

Click image to enlarge

Leaving this in the passenger footwell or back seat isn't great if you need to sharply brake. Then jumping back out to attach it in the boot is a pain..

Great price though and thanks for offering / sorting as I am tempted it just where it goes Thumbs Up
Post #654799 4th Oct 2017 11:10am
alfamale

United Kingdom 
As of this morning, I can also offer the storage case for £4.62 (RRP £9.99).

It includes velcro on the back to prevent the Disklok from moving about. Further info on the disco3 site at http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic164525.html or at http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/shop/storage-case-for-disklok/

Thumbs Up
Post #654811 4th Oct 2017 11:41am
Wheel

United Kingdom 
I think Stacey means storing it as in to stop it flying around in an accident and "braining" you

I've fitted a detachable steering wheel and so don't really need one but this does seem a good deal and would otherwise have bought one.

Well done alfamale

Mark
Post #655585 7th Oct 2017 10:32am
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
On a puma, the disklock fits neatly under the wider half of the second row seat bases and can be secured with a bungy. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #655592 7th Oct 2017 11:26am
Wheel

United Kingdom 
Sorry, my bad, I was only thinking of in my 90 !!!!

Mark
Post #655598 7th Oct 2017 12:02pm
apt100

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
This is a good price. I suspect the lack of sign ups is that most people who would use one have already got one.
Post #655602 7th Oct 2017 12:11pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 
This and the other Disklok-based group buys (cover and bag) finish today. I suspect anyone that wanted one would have signed-up by now, but a little bump doesn't hurt on a Friday!

Thumbs Up
Post #656972 13th Oct 2017 8:43am
alfamale

United Kingdom 
Hi All

Not being a Defender driver myself, I wonder if perhaps the size of the Disklok originally offered (a medium) didn't work for some of you??? The small Disklok fits steering wheel dimensions from 35 – 38.9cm.

The price of the small is £64+VAT (£76.80) and delivery is the same at £15.00. The Disklok cover/bag and steering wheel cover from my original GB will still fit.

I already have someone wanting two from Disco3, so I'll update this GB for three small Diskloks in yellow.

Thumbs Up
Post #669730 8th Dec 2017 2:26pm
apt100

If you search you will find several threads where people are discussing whether medium or large is the best/correct size for a Defender. Without opening that debate again.. I have large and it seems fine. Others are happy with medium.

I am not sure that there will be many takers for a small? No harm trying though, obviously Thumbs Up
(Like I said before, it is a good price but I think everybody who wants one has already got one. The number of new owners is probably starting to diminish now?)
Post #669780 8th Dec 2017 7:49pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 
Agreed. I jumped on it following a message from another forum member but didn't realise he has a smaller, custom wheel.

Thumbs Up
Post #669784 8th Dec 2017 8:07pm
apt100

Ok Thumbs Up
Post #669791 8th Dec 2017 9:21pm
gliderbee

Belgium 2016 Defender 90 Other HT Santorini Black
I might be a bit late, but is this offer still on ? I'm interested in a medium size disklok with storage case and wheel cover.

Stefan.
Post #674688 31st Dec 2017 3:05pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 
Hi Stefan

I might be planning another group buy on the Disco3 site at some point in the new year. When I do I’ll let you know.

Thumbs Up
Post #674722 31st Dec 2017 5:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>