↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 242 of 265 <123 ... 241242243 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
In this country we have sheep, not the woollen four legged version, who vote as their parents did and only believe what that the colour of the party they vote for tell them to believe. The EU vote was different some people voted with there heart and mind, they have woken up to the fact the EU has cost them and their children there jobs, imposed rules that effect day to day living and have been sold out by Politician's who did so to feather their own nests by agreeing to treaties that eroded rights to be British . Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #728257 10th Sep 2018 11:17am
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Laurie wrote:

I'm British, not European.

Exactly, I voted as i felt it was undemocratic, because the commission is unelected, that we're going to become the next USSR, and i studies the CAP, which artificially inflates food costs in the UK and decreases them in europe so Europeans can export when they're not getting subsidies for nothing,just look at the number of people living in dietary poverty and and don't even get me started on fishing quotas? how is it fair to have forign trawlers in our waters? take a look down leigh on sea and look at the fishing fleet, they're only out at sea two or three days a week, and over the past 15 or so years the fleet has become non existent with what it used to be.

Fun fact on british agriculture: Britain could be close to wholly self sufficient if not for the CAP.

Badger110 wrote:
Quote:
Those who worked almost always voted leave, and those that went uni almost always voted stay. It doesn't help that those who went uni get bleeding heart syndrome because they've got their head in the clouds and don't actually speak to someone that works for a living and get all offended.

I have another theory, those that voted leave tend to red the tabloids and listen to social media and fell for the Censored .

Those that voted stay couldn't give a rats arse what happens.

I don't know anyone my age who reads a newspaper... ok me, but i only read the metro for rush hour crush... I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #728363 10th Sep 2018 8:32pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Speed awareness courses don’t get any more interesting Big Cry 25 minutes of content shoe horned into 4 hours. On the upside I’ve managed to do it on a Sunday morning so avoiding work time.

As this is my third one, I can safely say the content needs updating......and that being done for 33/34 in a 30 isn’t going to go away.
Post #729212 16th Sep 2018 10:46am
OsloBlue

33 in a 30?
Wha? I thought they were supposed to give you 10% of the limit +2mph before they can charge you so 35mph in a 30 zone. But i believe they can pull you up for +10% - 2mph so 31. I believe its to do with the calibration of speedo's and the equipment they use.

Mind you I've never been "caught" speeding. So what do i know? I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #729221 16th Sep 2018 11:36am
Badger110

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Buckingham Blue
diesel_jim wrote:
Badger110 wrote:
Quote:
Those who worked almost always voted leave, and those that went uni almost always voted stay. It doesn't help that those who went uni get bleeding heart syndrome because they've got their head in the clouds and don't actually speak to someone that works for a living and get all offended.

I have another theory, those that voted leave tend to red the tabloids and listen to social media and fell for the Censored .

Those that voted stay couldn't give a rats arse what happens.

I have another-another theory.... those that "slate" those that voted leave just seem to spout rubbish like "leavers read the tabloids and listen to social media" Rolling Eyes

It's almost like because you didn't get the result you wanted you have to put everyone else down.

Incorrect, I didn't vote.

I have no faith in the political system of this country to govern what the majority wants without misleading them beforehand via soical media, tabloids and political Censored to gain their own career.
Post #729286 16th Sep 2018 5:43pm
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
OsloBlue wrote:
33 in a 30?
Wha? I thought they were supposed to give you 10% of the limit +2mph before they can charge you so 35mph in a 30 zone. But i believe they can pull you up for +10% - 2mph so 31. I believe its to do with the calibration of speedo's and the equipment they use.

Mind you I've never been "caught" speeding. So what do i know?

I’ve seen several Speedo’s jump between 25-35mph so it’s always a fun guessing game Rolling with laughter 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #729299 16th Sep 2018 6:18pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
In truth I was caught twice in the space of about 10 days, once by a fixed camera I drive past very often- it was late at night and I’d come back from London and wasn’t concentrating- that was the 33 (outside the cricket ground in Worcester). The next one was at 6.00 in the morning on an empty road, river to my left and used car showrooms to my right. A copper jumps out with his radar gun, pulls me over and reads the ‘you don’t have to say anything but....’. I was doing 43 in a 30, the same speed I’ve gone through there most days at 6.00 for 12 or so years. So in total £180 in fine / course fee and another 3 points.

It is a tax. 27 years driving, circa half a million miles and I’ve had one accident in which no third party was involved (tipped a 110 over in the snow). It is simply a tax.

Happily the guy running the course said that we would see more and more 20mph zones, because where they have been introduced there has been a 20% reduction in crime. Not car crime, general crime rates. I’m staying out in the sticks...... Rolling Eyes
Post #729326 16th Sep 2018 7:54pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
There was talk a few years back to reduce all unclassified country roads to 30mph Shocked

Not sure hat happened but if it is brought in, it will be payday for the Police.
Post #729338 16th Sep 2018 8:18pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Most country roads are classified. 
Post #729419 17th Sep 2018 2:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
OsloBlue

London:

Here's what happened today
17:05 I left work after being there for 10 hours
17:09 I reach the nearest Tube station
17:09 Some idiot holds the elevator door open for someone, yes i get that its polite, but the fact that they couldn't fit on negates the purpose. Held up for 20 Seconds
17:11 Some ****Face Walks slowly in front of me holding me up for another 5 seconds. (25 Second Delay)
17:12 Some other ****face walks against the flow of people, this is entrance to platform only, and the escalator doors open only one way another 5 seconds delay (30 seconds)
17:13 I finally Make it to the platform, train doors close within a second. Have to wait another minute to get another train (1:30 Delay)
17:14 I finally get on the train
17:14-17:36 The train is delayed by another mins by various people holding doors, blocking peoples exit. (3:30 Delay)
17:36 I attempt to get off the train, Instead i get rushed by people trying to get on 10 seconds delay (3:40 delay)
17:36-17:38 A 30 second brisk walk becomes a dithering stroll of 2 minutes thanks to people walking slowly, and people walking against traffic so 1:30 delay (5:10 delay)
17:38: i finally make it to the escalator, some ****face tourist is standing on the wrong side 5 second delay (5:15 delay)
17:39 I get to the outbound Gates Some ****face can't decide which one to use and cuts me off last minute 5 Second delay (5:20 delay)
17:39 I pass through the section to the National rail platforms a bunch of ****faces walk slowly the whole time, especially you, person who stopped to update their twitter turning a 30 second walk into a minute and a half (6:20 delay)
17:41: Some idiot stops at the top of the steps to check the departure board making everyone walk around her 10 second delay (6:30 delay)
17:42 I get to the TFL rail platform some idiot forgot to top up her oyster 5 second delay (6:35 delay)
During this point of time i have missed the fast train that stops at one station less anf now have to catch a train that takes an extra 5 minutes.
17:42 two minutes before the train departs, i have to make it to carriage number two or when i get back to my home station or it takes a whole 3 minutes to get out as opposed to 30 seconds
17:42 Some idiots don't realise a train is leaving in less than two minutes and dither for 30 seconds delay (12:05 delay)
17:44 the train departs without incident
17:51 the train arrives at stratford idiots try to push on before people have got off 10 seconds delay (12:15 delay)
17:51 idiots stand dithering at the door area making people walk through them to get seats or move into the carriage 30 second delay, (12:45 Delay)
17:52 idiots hold the door open despite "this train will not move if the door is kept open, The doors may break if they do not close" 60 second delay (13:45 delay)
17:53 and we are away
18:14 the train arrives at romford
18:15 people who stand near the doors and dither on there way out wast another 10 seconds (13:55 delay)
18:16 i get to the barriers and the final idiot decides they don't have there oyster ready 5 second delay 14 minutes delay

14 F***ing minutes delay thanks to idiots who aren't aware of their surroundings, and that conservative, i'm well aware that a watched kettle never boils, and today was a good day.

Typical time it takes for me to get to work is 50 minutes, typical time for me to get back from work is an hour and a half! thank you ditherers of london for wasting my time!

I hate you TFL!

By far the worst thing about TFL rail is people not queuing for doors, people do it for buses but not trains?! Seats should be allocated to elderly,. infirm and pregnant, then to whoever has been waiting longest, yes i'm talking to you bald man in trench coat at romford, shoving isn't british.

Lastly the most despicable thing is stratford overground, people don't understand the concept of the queue so they jump in front of people, i even got into an argument with somone who thought it was ok to do so because other people did, and that because other people did it took too long to queue. I would have TFL attendants wear riot gear and armed with cattle-prods to force people into line. I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Post #729607 17th Sep 2018 8:23pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
That must earn 'Grump of the week' award! Laughing 
Post #729673 18th Sep 2018 1:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
The gym is almost empty this morning. What does everyone else know that I don’t?! Shocked
Post #729685 18th Sep 2018 8:10am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
It's not January. Gyms are only ever full of people in January.
Post #729688 18th Sep 2018 8:21am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
I’d go with that Rashers but I’m in Soho and these media lot are quite image conscious, says he in the gym.... Laughing
Post #729694 18th Sep 2018 8:31am
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Huttopia wrote:
I was doing 43 in a 30, the same speed I’ve gone through there most days at 6.00 for 12 or so years. So in total £180 in fine / course fee and another 3 points.

It is a tax. 27 years driving, circa half a million miles and I’ve had one accident in which no third party was involved (tipped a 110 over in the snow). It is simply a tax.

:

So, you're admitting that you've sped for the last 12 years but crying now you've been caught? Rolling Eyes

It's not a tax, it's a fine... taxes are (usually) applied to everyone. Fines are only applied to people who get caught doing whatever wrong.

So if you don't want to pay the "tax" as you put it (whereas everyone else would call it a fine), then you have the power to lift your right foot up a bit and not drive at 43 in a 30.
Post #729728 18th Sep 2018 11:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 242 of 265 <123 ... 241242243 ... 263264265>