↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 201 of 265 <123 ... 200201202 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Cats. Love our cats, but sometimes....

Re-painting the bedroom yesterday and Alfie decides to walk through the recently topped-up roller-tray, and then shake his paws to remove the paint, splattering the paint liberally over the walls, before sprinting off (whilst being given chase), leaving little grey pawprints all over the carpet, would floor etc. Luckily for him, the floor, the carpet and Mrs Grenadier's sanity, it was water soluble paint. Shocked Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #657542 16th Oct 2017 9:01am
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Grenadier wrote:
Eric, are you advocating fraud or tax avoidance? Whistle

Fraud. Shocked That's a bad word you use there Monsieur Le Grenadier. Rolling Eyes
Many moons ago at University I had an economics class where the prof explained us the difference between "tax avoidance and tax evasion". More subtle, no? Cool

Grenadier wrote:
On the subject of passport controls, Eric you might be able to help explain why Swiss border control at GVA takes so long when I want to LEAVE the country? 30mins queues sometimes....

Simples, that is because you are probably leaving to a country which opted to remain out of the Schengen zone. Whistle
Now, consider yourself still lucky as with your British passport you still have the privilege today of using the EU/Swiss citizen police line. After B..x.t that should end and you will be using the police line for the rest of the world citizens, not only Americans and Aussies, but also all Asians, Mid-East and North Africa countries, and the likes of Albania, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tadjikistan, and all those other ...stan countries. Some of those passports require a more thorough check than those in the other police line.
Rolling with laughter

By the way, living in La douce France as long as you do, is your new Defender carrying one of those "74" registration numbers now?
Eric You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #657579 16th Oct 2017 12:31pm
Swac3

Picked up a new sump plug and Oil filter for the 2.2 the other day from the LR dealers, span off the old plastic cup pulled the paper cartridge and prised off the O ring on the filter cup only to find........

Parts sold me the wrong filter. The O ring is so big it's actually wider than the filter housing and the new filter doesnt even fit in the bowl.

Grrr, just fortunate that the only oil i drained was the filter bowl full, not the whole lot. I had intended to leave the new filter off while i drained the sump but in a moment of madness decided to prep the filter holder first.

Of course i never checked part numbers, Assumed he'd got me the right one from the registration and Vin.. Bit remiss of me really as day in day out at work, Installed equipment,parts and seals Traceability along with PMI and coatings is a massive thing.

Ooops.
Gary 3 Landrovers
Post #657624 16th Oct 2017 3:15pm
dorsetsmith

LRJ registration and Vin system has been not work properly for week
Post #657629 16th Oct 2017 4:04pm
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Driving home today down a country lane following a van, we came to a narrow bridge where the van got to the bridge before the oncoming car which stopped. It let the van cross and as my front wheels were about to leave the bridge the car driver decides to pull up to the bridge and block me! He then promptly turns his ending off and removes his seatbelt and insists I reverse off the bridge and let him past Banging Head Banging Head Censored Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #661000 31st Oct 2017 8:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
Blasted courier drivers.

I was due a delivery today, I knew that and was free all day waiting.
Given a time slot of 2-4pm for delivery.

So around 12 lunch time to 1pm I popped out for a bit, thought what a relief to know when it's coming.

Got back, checked post box of good no one has been and left a card or anything.
Waited right through the time slot, no delivery...

After the time slot and the rest of the day, no delivery.

Just checked delivery status: Closed / carded.

That tells me they came, when I was out. Banging Head Thud And they never left a card either.
Or just never bothered, and I explicitly paid for next day delivery too. Evil or Very Mad

No I'll have to wait again, maybe one day maybe a day or two who knows.

Really really annoying, and wasted the day too. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #661022 31st Oct 2017 9:01pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Without prejudice.

Londoners. Why do you all seem to run for the underground train that is pulling out of the station?

I don't think any tube trains run less than two minutes apart. You have shed loads of time to walk slowly, carefully and without breaking a sweat if you see (or hear) the train pulling away, but you still run. Why? Is there a reason for this?

Sorry, I am what you would consider a 'northerner'. I will apologise now to all proper northerners. I just happen to live live north of Watford.

You may not be able to understand this, but where I live, if I didn't own a car, I would starve to death. Public transport is a thing my mother remembers from her childhood - the Eastern Counties 847 Norwich to Bradenham.

People who remember public transport in our village are getting fewer by the year. Maybe we should have run for the bus when it was pulling away from the bus stop? Is it because we didn't show the right amount of interest as you peoples in London that we don't have an Underground system?

I only trek down into the smoke when I am sent by work. The really bizarre thing is, you do tend to get dragged along by the hurry which surrounds you.

They even have the audacity to charge 30 pence for a pee at Liverpool Street Station (it is free to pee at Norwich Station). I went wandering around the station for for 10 minutes trying to find a field gate before giving in and paying the money. I think next time I will take a paper and sit in one of the cubicles and do the crossword to get my moneys worth.

Thumbs Up
Post #661047 31st Oct 2017 10:02pm
Rashers

It has been brought to my attention by the current Mrs Rashers that hanging around in public toilets (even those you have to pay for) is not a good thing to do......... Embarassed
Post #661048 31st Oct 2017 10:07pm
Rashers

Quite! (the current Mrs Rashers)
Post #661050 31st Oct 2017 10:08pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
custom90steve wrote:
Blasted courier drivers.

I was due a delivery today, I knew that and was free all day waiting.
Given a time slot of 2-4pm for delivery.

So around 12 lunch time to 1pm I popped out for a bit, thought what a relief to know when it's coming.

Got back, checked post box of good no one has been and left a card or anything.
Waited right through the time slot, no delivery...

After the time slot and the rest of the day, no delivery.

Just checked delivery status: Closed / carded.

That tells me they came, when I was out. Banging Head Thud And they never left a card either.
Or just never bothered, and I explicitly paid for next day delivery too. Evil or Very Mad

No I'll have to wait again, maybe one day maybe a day or two who knows.

Really really annoying, and wasted the day too.

Steve, it is quite likely that they never came at all if you weren't carded. If the driver ran out of time, or simply couldn't be bothered they'll flag it as "nobody home" so that they appear to meet their performance targets.

I have had deliveries addressed to me at work (a large, permanently staffed military base with a gatehouse manned 24/7 by people with guns) marked "delivery not possible, nobody home" on several occasions!
Post #661051 31st Oct 2017 10:30pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Ungrateful kids that if I'm fixing your car that I gave you and you let rot away for two years while you had the odd driving lesson here and there (that I paid for) and I'm ordering all the parts and paying for all the parts and paying for the mot and paying for your road tax when it's done so you don't have to go on a bus then don't get stroppy with me if the parts haven't been delivered yet, telling me that you NEED to know when it's ready Rolling Eyes with no thanks at all!!! Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #661053 31st Oct 2017 10:33pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Working with people who dont listen. They appear to listen, make all of the right noises and body language but have no intention of taking on board anything you have to say. One day of workshops down, only nine to go 😥.
Post #661060 31st Oct 2017 10:46pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Blackwolf - Yes, indeed could well be the case! Had that before also.
Another issue I had just a week ago, I was in, no one came...
Checked tracking left down the road at an address, went to said address they gave it to someone else accidentally as they so called miss read the address.
Went to that address, no one in, went back to put a note in to text me when home so I'll pick it up or bring it to me.
He brought it to me which was good of him.

I mean, does that even make sense!

If out, leave a card and redeliver simple.
Don't just chuck it at anyone in the area.

Especially when I has dangerous goods on the label. Shocked Rolling with laughter

It was spray paint but you know.

The delivery meant today was a Dehumidifier, I wanted it soon but lucky it wasn't critically important... Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #661073 1st Nov 2017 12:04am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Quote:
Working with people who dont listen

You ought to have my job! Sometimes I have to remove them of my course, it is always hard and more often than not I have a young person pleading I will do better, however I know they cannot ,and once I have made the decision I have to live with it, does not make it any easier though, however I always try and talk to them and move them to a course that is more suitable. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #661074 1st Nov 2017 12:05am
Slideywindows

England 
Oh yes, the delivery driver who says you were out and says he carded you when neither was true.

I went right to the top of the (small) courier Company.

Nice lady, proud of her Company, investigated and found the driver had bunked off early.

She told him to deliver next day, after he'd done a full shift.

I got a letter of apology and a box of chocolates from the lady owner, in the post.

Bow down Small Companies that actually care, are the salt of the earth.
Post #661258 1st Nov 2017 8:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 201 of 265 <123 ... 200201202 ... 263264265>