↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 191 of 265 <123 ... 190191192 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
The present Mrs Rashers looks like a goddess and cooks like Nigella. Well that's what I make the current Mr Rashers tell me anyway. As to the future Mrs Rashers.....all I ask is that she likes ironing and buys me a Landrover as the grooms price!
Post #617082 15th Apr 2017 9:46pm
Rallymental

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Rashers,
The grumpy angry fed up post would have been too long and probably unprintable!
The fact that they were not working today was glorious!!
What I am bloody fed up about is that we have had the house up for sale for a while, we've found and fallen for 3 houses and subsequently lost them because we hadn't sold.
Then we sold despite our neighbors deciding to have a loft conversion 2 weeks after we went on the market, then with very little in the whole of Kent or East Sussex that we a. Liked b. Could afford c. Was not too far from London for me to get there when necessary (up to and hour ish in the car) we found somewhere that ticked enough of the boxes for us to make an offer.
We sit waiting for the phone to ring with the news. Eventually after 8hours the estate agent phones, "I'm really sorry but your offer WOULD have been accepted but the first time buyers at the bottom of your chain have lost their mortgage"
Just when we thought it was finally all coming together Evil or Very Mad The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Solihull, 1948 - "If we paint the chassis, it will last for years"
Solihull, 2015 - "If we paint the chassis.............................
Post #617120 16th Apr 2017 12:45am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Whatever the present or future Mrs Looks like, make sure she signs a document saying that she cannot have any financial part or ownership of your Defender , Jesus have you seen the prices they are fetching now. Laughing For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #617121 16th Apr 2017 12:51am
Rashers

Rallymental, I think for that you have every right to be a 'Grumpy Old Man'. I hope it all sorts itself out in the end.

Gilarion, I can't even get her to drive it! She drives a largish car anyway and does a fair old mileage, so not shy of the roads but is happier in the passenger seat. Doesn't want to dent it?
Post #617166 16th Apr 2017 8:51am
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
Rashers wrote:
I just wish someone would make BMW fit indicators to their cars as standard rather than fit as an optional extra. So many seem to leave the factory without the indicators fired.

In Norfolk we have a different indicator problem. Roundabouts. Right hand indicator flashing whilst exiting the roundabout; switching the left hand indicator on, the exit before you want to leave the roundabout; using the right hand indicator to go straight over the roundabout and the drivers who take the racing line across all lanes. This is fine at night when there is no one around, but 8.30 in the morning?

I treat all drivers as idiots who do not know which way they are going until they turn the steering wheel.

Why oh why do we have to have cars that turn on the fog light to show which way the steering wheel is pointed, another useless bit of E.U. pointless law that goes with my pet hate D.R.L.'s and the drivers of vehicles that cannot switch the side lights on during the hours of darkness. What is the point of just having your front lights illuminated. Six times in the last 3 days I have come up behind vehicle , during the hours of darkness, that have not rear lights, five of them have been Land Rover made vehicles. Normally a couple of flashes of the headlights and the driver suddenly remembers to turn on the correct switch but last night the driver a Range Rover sport decided to stamp on the brake pedal causing me to stop, he then gets out and marches back to me demanding to know what the Censored I'm up to, I tell him he has no rear lights , what the Censored has it got to do with you is his reply and get back in the RR and drives off still with no rear lights.

I did have a laugh as a Police car overtook me and two minutes later he has the RR pulled up still with ne rear lights. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #617181 16th Apr 2017 9:43am
Rallymental

Ah, RR sport drivers, sounds like you just came upon the stereotype!
I believe theres a test at the dealer to qualify for ownership, either that or you can present your anger management treatment certificate
Rolling with laughter The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Post #617200 16th Apr 2017 11:27am
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
So, according to radio4 it is now no longer required to be able to perform a reverse round a corner for the driving test, yet you are expected to drive for a given period under the control of the sat nav lady? Supposedly it is to reflect modern driving practice and by turns reduce the risk to the rest of us. Not sure it would have been the first adjustment to the test i would have put forward but I ain't a Whitehall mandarin attempting to justify my exorbitant salary. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #617205 16th Apr 2017 12:14pm
Rallymental

I guess they just thought they would remove the bits of the test that modern drivers can't do anyway. Let's just give up on the hard parts, a bit like modern exams! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Post #617206 16th Apr 2017 12:20pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Apparently there was a public vote on it Shocked Mike
Post #617227 16th Apr 2017 2:04pm
Rashers

Have they included eating a Ginsters* pasty whilst adding two sugars to a Starbucks* coffee in the new driving test?

Just wondered Whistle

It probably represents modern driving conditions for most van drivers or sales people

*Other poor quality service area foods are available
Post #617238 16th Apr 2017 3:57pm
Rallymental

Rashers, I resent that comment, I am "sales people" and can assure you that I can add two sugars to a coffee eat a Big Mac, change music on the iPod, set the sat nav and hold a conference call with a customer, and frankly anyone who can't isn't worthy of the title!! Rolling with laughter The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Post #617249 16th Apr 2017 4:39pm
Rashers

I also had the tee shirt, Rallymental, in a past life. Respect is due Bow down Albeit a McDonalds Latte was my caffeine of choice mainly because it is fairly good coffee on the road and reasonably priced. I thnks Starbucks and Costa would have bankrupted my pitiful expense account.

Oh yes, grumpiness. Why can't Starbucks and Costa make coffee without using super nuclear heated milk?

Getting back to McD's and the driving test, maybe negotiating a drive through would be good looking at the scrapes at my local one?
Post #617256 16th Apr 2017 6:13pm
Swac3

LandRoverAnorak wrote:
Thumbs Up

Don't you love it when you open a thread you've been following to find this as the latest contribution? Rolling Eyes

Especially when they quoted a massive pictures posting Big Cry 3 Landrovers
Post #617323 16th Apr 2017 10:22pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Three -customer service. I reckon they keep their customers by making them lose the will to live. I have just been speaking to (no, that's not right -listening to)Promet (that's Papa Romeo Oscar Mike Echo Tango -like I care ffs)
All I wanted was to get a new pac code so I could switch the business phone onto PAYG before it gets combined with Brendan's on another tariff. In the end I let hime switch me onto a rolling contract and then he tells me I can't have a VAT bill. So if I can't have a VAT bill does that mean I am not paying it in which case I think the VAT man might have something to say.
Sooner I can get them both in the same place with someone who does not want to ask me if I am having a good day the better. It is not often I lose my rag with people but it cam e very close to me telling him to go forth and multiply. It also hacks me off that the stick you on hold while they 'check with their supervisor' yeah right, it is because calls to customer service come out of your minutes on certain contracts..
Rant over
Barbara
Post #621924 5th May 2017 3:22pm
David T

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Diane Abbott.
I'm no racist, bigot or misogynist and (before I got married) I knew ladies who were ugly or stupid (and often both) but Diane, the Shadow Home Secretary, certainly scales new heights as far as daftness is concerned.
Not only is she aesthetically challenged, she also seems to be, in spite of her smug and condescending attitude, as thick as workhouse custard.
Lord help the UK if she ever became the actual Home Secretary.
Post #621972 5th May 2017 7:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 191 of 265 <123 ... 190191192 ... 263264265>