↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 189 of 265 <123 ... 188189190 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Just watched the recording we made of Vera (ITV Sunday night). I really enjoy the series, I rate Brenda Blethyn (and her Geordie accent - apologies to any real ones out there), I love the Northumberland countryside and of course her trusty 90 (along with spade in the back which makes it look like she had been rabbiting with some ferrets before work). How comes that she abandons her trusty Land Rover anywhere and everywhere without any sign of a door lock, disclock, clutch claw etc. etc. etc. and it's always there when she comes back?

Also, whilst on the subject of Vera, someone needs to tell Northumberland Police, if you are in a hurry to get to the Murderer before he/she buries/burns the evidence or kills the only witness or innocent bystander, don't drive your 90 up the middle of the road, mile upon mile, holding up all the faster police vehicles whilst in pursuit.* The BMW is a faster car in pursuit along tarmac roads.

*Albeit the chase to the bouncy castle in South Shields in the last programme, Vera did arrive behind the Police Van and Police Car - so maybe someone told her to get out out of the way of blue flashing lights and a siren?
Post #614339 3rd Apr 2017 9:52pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Binmen. May I suggest that the perfect time to 'do your rounds' is at rush hour on a Monday morning - taking particular care to stop the truck next to traffic calming bollards for minutes on end or just past the roundabout exit?

This makes getting to work such a joy - especially on a day, like today, when my old man bladder refused to want to retain the much needed second cup of coffee for the journey.
Post #614350 3rd Apr 2017 10:28pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Rashers wrote:

*Albeit the chase to the bouncy castle in South Shields in the last programme, V

I did laugh at that bouncy castle..... just one castle on a remote bit of windswept beach with almost horizntal rain and no one else around for miles.

It looked like a scene fresh out of Father Ted!
Post #614378 4th Apr 2017 7:13am
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Spam emails, they're like receiving cold calls on your phone and it gets to a point where you don't bother answering your phone or really taking any notice of your emails.
Then we get the phishing emails, here's a good one I got in my in-box the other day supposedly from HM Revenue & Customs with this as the email senders address HM Revenue & Customs sltwvp@hm.com

I am sending this email to announce:
After the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to Receive a Tax return of:

GBP 317.25

In order to complete your Tax Refund, we require one proof of identity and one proof of address.

Please provide a colored copy of your valid ID and proof of address no longer than 3 months (ANY utility bill, bank statement etc). The following ID(s) that we accept are:

- Passport (full details page and barcode has to be visible) and Driving license (front and back)
- Utility Bill (Not mobile phones)/ Council Tax Bill/Bank Statement/ Rent Book or Tenancy Agreement / Bank Statements
- Please provide a picture of yourself with your photo identification in One Photo - simply place the photo page of your ID/Passport near your face and take a picture using your webcam or mobile phone.

Please send documentation to: hm.revenue.customs.services@tax-gov.anzgrp.com
Post #614447 4th Apr 2017 12:17pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
What gets me with these sort of emails is that some people fall for them and send off everything asked for.

I received one the other day from Homeland Security in America informing me that my computer had been used by hackers who hacked into the White House (apparently unbeknown to me) and to prevent my details being forward to the London police by the American secret service and a possible prison sentence. I could instead pay a $50.00 fine payed by bank transfer along with all my personal details to prevent any further action.

Yeah, pull the other one. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #614448 4th Apr 2017 12:38pm
Rashers

Are you trying to tell me my tax rebate, money left to me by a distant relative in Nigeria, and the 2000 promised to me for moving some cash into and out of my bank account is all a big fraud??

I was then thinking how increadibly lucky I was getting all this free money for nothing Rolling Eyes

And they have sucker lists of people who got conned. Apparently these same people keep getting hoodwinked over and over again by the same get rich quick schemes. Good grief Banging Head
Post #614453 4th Apr 2017 1:02pm
Rashers

And while the soapbox is out, how come my wheelie bin is usually abandoned in the middle of my drive when I am out, but carefully gets put back where I am supposed to leave it for collection if I am in the garden, looking out the window or if it's getting close to Christmas?? (Can't possibly think why?)
Post #614456 4th Apr 2017 1:06pm
Rallymental

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I agree with the wheelie bin thing, we have three of the bloody things I put them all out at the end if the drive positioned properly as instructed by the council with their handles facing the right way and not obstructing the footpath etc. When I get home all three are scattered up and down the road left abandoned in the middle of the path sometimes 8 or 9 doors down.
I wonder who would be responsible if someone had an accident due to way one was left? Also apparently if they go missing I have pay for a new one regardless of how it disappeared!! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Solihull, 1948 - "If we paint the chassis, it will last for years"
Solihull, 2015 - "If we paint the chassis.............................
Post #614460 4th Apr 2017 1:36pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
O2 are they taking the mick....

On Pay & Go with them now, I don't like their behaviour and attitude for various reasons. (I don't hardly use it)
Going to swap to the new Sky Mobile, as they have good deals.

I wanted to retain my number and need a PAC code whatever that is to do so.
O2 want a ransom of 15 for a code for me to keep my own number. Rolling Eyes

15 for a code. Evil or Very Mad

No, told them to get stuffed and will just get a new number instead.
A matter of principle. Whistle Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #616679 13th Apr 2017 11:22pm
David T

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Lesbians.
Boring, stereotypical, middle-aged, flabby lesbians.
Boring, stereotypical, middle-aged, flabby lesbians who regard themselves as "right on" "edgy" and "alternative" because they once went to a DEMO and wear DocMartens, a cheap combat jacket and some kind of statement headwear, usually the sort of wooly hat favoured by Mongolian wombat trainers.

Imagine having to spend an evening with two such lesbians, chatting earnestly about Haruki Murakami novels and vegan soup recipes.
Depressing.
Post #616706 14th Apr 2017 8:01am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
1974 called. Wants its social commentary back. Rolling Eyes

A lesbian cuts my hair. She has also just single-handed rebuilt a Series II. Probably knows more about Land Rovers than a lot of people on here. Lot more open minded too. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #616711 14th Apr 2017 8:26am
David T

Are you Censored kidding? You think I'm stuck in 1974? Read the Censored post. Your hairdresser rebuilt a landrover? WOW.

Lord, please spare me from people who think they're "edgy" "right-on" or "hip" because their hairdresser is gay.

ps, if you want "edgy" right-on" and "hip" go to see the Damien Hirst exhibition in Venice that opened last Sun, I went to the media

Click image to enlarge

preview, Censored awesome.
Post #616722 14th Apr 2017 8:53am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
It was a dig at your stereotyping, not a claim to be "hip" or "edgy". https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #616741 14th Apr 2017 10:13am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Why does a hairdresser think that it's necessary for their customers to know that they're lesbian?
I assume you didn't as them. 
Post #616760 14th Apr 2017 11:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
David T

I'm not the one doing the stereotyping. They've become the stereotypes, with no assistance whatsoever from me. Where once was an interesting woman there is now a Sandi Toksvig lookalike spouting boring and predictable waffle.
Post #616762 14th Apr 2017 11:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 189 of 265 <123 ... 188189190 ... 263264265>