↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Spotted > Friday 28th July to Saturday 29th....................
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shayes

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Coniston Green
Friday 28th July to Saturday 29th....................
Morning all. Traveled from North Devon via north devon link road to M5 Taunton, Link road over to the A303 and up to Andover on Friday leaving about 1100hrs, 7.5 hrs later arrived at mates house in need of a beer. Thought the traffic would all be going the other way !. Returned yesterday via 303 and due to traffic again ,dived off 303 at Ilchester and headed south-ish, through Chard, Castle Carey and rejoined A30 at Honiton.
Can't believe how many Landies of all shapes and sizes I saw. Got a big smile and wave of a good 90% of the drivers and occupants. Saw a lovely 2a or early 3 (lwb) on the way home, grey with a cat flap, in one of the towns. Let him out of a side street/junction so we could have a good look and admire the rover. Mixture of working, holidaying and just out for a drive rovers. All looked splendid and occupants smiling and enjoying themselves.
Thanks for think the waves etc, my wife couldn't believe the waving thing.
I couldn't think that 'Grover' Rover wouldmade the trip.I did have reservations about comfort, water egress and reliability It has inspired us to travel further afield in him now and leave the euro box's at home.After all he is 20 years young and had a hard working life before he retired with me last year!. The rover drove well at between 55 and 62ish MPH and handled the stop start holdups no problems. Expected the temp needle to go up and up but just sat there in the middle. MPG , around 29, happy with that.Grover just got on with his journey!.
New SP series doors and safari door, held up well and no leaks noted. It did really poor down and I had prepared for getting wet but nothing. Can't wait till our next weekend adventure.
Thanks for all the waves, I was looking for Def 2 window stickers and thought I saw a few, but never mind got the smiles/waves back,
cheers chaps and chapesses, Simon Thumbs Up
Post #640668 30th Jul 2017 10:19am
bluebottle

United Kingdom 
Excellent! It's always good to get out and have a good trip, will be doing similar in September as loading up the better half and two children for a week off in the Yeovil area.
Post #640685 30th Jul 2017 11:35am
shayes

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Coniston Green
Thank you Blue bottle, I am just gob smacked with the way Grover behaved himself. I now have no reservations about driving him far and wide. I did wake up this morning expecting my back to be in need of attention, but nothing. I suppose all those trips in my dads 2a when I was small, got me used to it. Grover is now washed, cleaned, levels checked and waiting for his next outing, from his garage. Enjoys your journeys and have faith in these splendid machines. S Very Happy
Post #640687 30th Jul 2017 11:44am
L110CDL

England 
Always thinking positive helps Wink glad you had a great time and no problems shayes Very Happy

bluebottle have a great time around the Yeovil area Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #640764 30th Jul 2017 8:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1